• The KillerFrogs

TexAgs --- high comedy right now

tcujsauce

Despite the odds Frog said:
The great thing about TCU's win is the bragging rights. And we must remind them here and there that TCU runs this state. The story could not be any better. To get entrance into the college world series, with everything on the line, when it mattered the most and both teams playing with full effort, the coaches coaching their best, crowds bringing their best, TCU won. The whole year I had to listen to my Aggie friends tell me TCU was good but they do not play in the elite baseball conference of the SEC and TCU is no Texas A&M who has a higher RPI. Well let's just say I'm glad it was settled on the field. Seems that is what TCU does. It's opponents talk and TCU walks the walk to turn people mindsets and biases.
I hope our fan base can continue to take that "you can talk the talk, we'll walk the walk" attitude. Growing up a Husker fan in Nebraska in the 90's, I was pretty spoiled and arrogant about my college football. Being a TCU fan has turned me more into a "alright, we'll just see what happens on the field" sort of fan, which is the best way to be. I hope all of this success doesn't turn us into that constant boat-talking arrogant type.

corpuschristifrog

TCU J-Sauce said:
I hope our fan base can continue to take that "you can talk the talk, we'll walk the walk" attitude. Growing up a Husker fan in Nebraska in the 90's, I was pretty spoiled and arrogant about my college football. Being a TCU fan has turned me more into a "alright, we'll just see what happens on the field" sort of fan, which is the best way to be. I hope all of this success doesn't turn us into that constant boat-talking arrogant type.

Potential problem for the current students and very recent grads.  

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
TCU J-Sauce said:
Afraid too many have never experienced the bad times. Already seeing some of the entitled types that don't seem to understand things run in cycles. We are in a renaissance period right now, but no guarantees it will always be...

Mrs Navyfrog

Aggies are definitely a different breed.  We live within an hour of College Station so we are surrounded.  We were sitting with a friend (Aggie alumnus) a while back and mentioned a game that they had lost; he said that the score didn't matter, they really won that game.  Just makes you shake your head and reach for Tylenol. 

They were very vocal on Facebook before the game, but eerily quiet afterwards.  Very poor sports too; not one friend has congratulated our team.  It is as if the game never happened.  So they have done what Aggies do, they have decided to turn their frustration into insulting us with regards to our campus, chants, or anything else they can think of which is quite amusing.  TCU has a beautiful campus unlike A&M which is a hodgepodge of varied styles and colors. But I have been a lady, and I have been polite and smiled each time I have gone into town this week wearing my TCU purple!

Big Frog II

Hoosierfrog said:
Afraid too many have never experienced the bad times. Already seeing some of the entitled types the don't seem to understand things run in cycles. We are in a renaissance period right now, but no guarantees it will always be...
I was there during the bad times, so I greatly appreciate the last 17 years.  What I didn't know during the bad times is how our own people were holding us back.  We now have people in charge that understand how important to the whole school a successful athletic department can be.  My son recruits to students to TCU.  Winning games is terrific PR.  You can't afford that much national advertisement.  He sees this when visiting high schools and college fairs.  We get more interest, more applications, and terrific students.  The value of all of our degrees continues to go up. I think we all now expect to be competitive each and every year, and that is a good thing.

timewasajoke

Mrs Navyfrog said:
Aggies are definitely a different breed.  We live within an hour of College Station so we are surrounded.  We were sitting with a friend (Aggie alumnus) a while back and mentioned a game that they had lost; he said that the score didn't matter, they really won that game.  Just makes you shake your head and reach for Tylenol. 

They were very vocal on Facebook before the game, but eerily quiet afterwards.  Very poor sports too; not one friend has congratulated our team.  It is as if the game never happened.  So they have done what Aggies do, they have decided to turn their frustration into insulting us with regards to our campus, chants, or anything else they can think of which is quite amusing.  TCU has a beautiful campus unlike A&M which is a hodgepodge of varied styles and colors. But I have been a lady, and I have been polite and smiled each time I have gone into town this week wearing my TCU purple!
I'm from a family of Aggies, most of them live in College Station and went to that school. I chose not to drink that Maroon colored Kool-aid.  And i have to agree the silence after the beating they took Saturday compared to the mouthing leading up to the series about their team and unapologetic ticket code theft. Then after the squeaker Sunday here come the mouths again. But i can tell you it was sure fun early Tuesday morning watching those Ags with tucked tails walking out of Lupton. Not one Aggie friend or family has uttered a work in person or social media about the results of the series. Karma is a righteous thing.  

pastorfrog

Reptilian said:
What a weird group. I have an aggy "friend" I've known for 7 years through youth hockey. Wives have become good friends and our sons attend camps together and have sleep over etc.

He started trolling me with the #TCU15 via email, twitter and facebook the week leading up to the Super. I ignored it or laughed it off. They were expecting 3 k and maybe even a majority. It was a feeding frenzy of Aggy dorks commenting on the Facebook and twitter feeds. Just before game one I finally responded with: "Just got here. Congrats on gigging us for the tickets. Just curious though...why buy all the tickets and wear purple? :)".

Never made another post as they went apeshit. Got a notification Tuesday he unfriended me. Gonna make this Fall's season. Interesting. Thin skinned dorks.
Is there an app that can unfriend all Aggies at once?

pastorfrog

Moose Stuff said:
Longhorns >>>>> Aggies ......... and it's not even close. At least when they're arrogant and boastful they have some reason to be.
I follow and interact with a good amount of Horns on Twitter. They know this is a dry season for their FB program. But they also have a title, played for another, and can still write checks. They also respect what we've done. Not one of them speaks down to TCU. Maybe that's because we've whipped them 2 of last 4 years.

pastorfrog

Aggies are like Cliff Barnes. They trip over themselves and then get up and yell "you just watch! I'll get you next time!" JR just laughs in Austin.

TCUdirtbag

pastorfrog said:
I follow and interact with a good amount of Horns on Twitter. They know this is a dry season for their FB program. But they also have a title, played for another, and can still write checks. They also respect what we've done. Not one of them speaks down to TCU. Maybe that's because we've whipped them 2 of last 4 years.
*2 of the last 3.