• The KillerFrogs

Tech baseball increasing seating to 75 percent this weekend

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Unless our announcement was first? We ALWAYS play behind the 8-ball, especially recently. And to be fair, I kind of get it. We are a small'ish private school, but I don't like the things I've heard and continuing to hear on everything made at the TCU administration level.
I don’t disagree. This board just has a tendency to always assume the worst even without much information. I’m probably too forgiving. But I also don’t really care all that much.

jake102

I don’t disagree. This board just has a tendency to always assume the worst even without much information. I’m probably too forgiving. But I also don’t really care all that much.

Only reason I quasi care is that we have two big decisions that will need to be made in the next five years. The first is a raging dumpster fire and that's what to do with Dixon - men's bball is the only sport outside football that generates meaningful profits. And the second is transitioning GP out and adding a new coaching staff in the next five years. That's imperative we get the process correct. I have zero faith either of these two situations will be handled well.

Last edited:

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Only reason I quasi care is that we have two big decisions that will need to be made in the next five years. The first is a raging dumpster fire and that's what do with Dixon - men's bball is the only sport outside football that generates meaningful profits. And the second is transitioning GP out and adding a new coaching staff in the next five years. That's imperative we get the process correct. I have zero faith either of these two situations will be handled well.
TCU will hire from within in both cases. And then move on down the road as mediocre athletic program. That’s what it is. Moments of glory. More moments of not glory. Still better than a lot of programs that should be better than TCU. Will never be Ohio State. Or Oklahoma. Etc. It won’t happen.

Salfrog

Tier 1
Only reason I quasi care is that we have two big decisions that will need to be made in the next five years. The first is a raging dumpster fire and that's what do with Dixon - men's bball is the only sport outside football that generates meaningful profits. And the second is transitioning GP out and adding a new coaching staff in the next five years. That's imperative we get the process correct. I have zero faith either of these two situations will be handled well.

ADJD will just give GP & Dixon lifetime contracts to coach as long as they wantthat way he he can't be blamed for making a bad hire.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
We don't play at home until Friday at 6:30pm. Plenty of time to see what happens with Tech and whoever else opens things up before diving headlong into normalcy...

steelfrog

Tier 1
let's be honest for a moment in that anyperson or an entity can do everything right and still get sued and while it isn't advisable to be completely dismissive of any potential liability can anyone with any degree of certainty say that tcu won't get sued by allowing only 25% or 50% attendance versus 75%?
100% correct EXCEPT a government entity has sovereign immunity so when they are sued they file a little one page plea to the jurisdiction and get dismissed. There are some exceptions but this wouldn’t be one of them.

ticketfrog123

Just got off the phone with the Tech Ticket office. A few notes:
-Ticket office rep said she had zero knowledge of any kind of NCAA or Big 12 rules that restricted their ability to expand to 75%.
-Tech is giving every season holder that "opts in" their original seat location and allotment back.
-They initially re-sat their stadium for season tickets exactly like we did, relocating people with the reduced capacity requirements.
-As I previously suggested TCU should do in an old thread, tech is voiding all old season tickets and emailing out the new tickets.
-Masks no longer required, just encouraged.

you should change your username to TCUderangedmaniac

Odds are TCU will increase baseball capacity before season end. Will it be by this weekend bc you cried about it? Probably not

you don’t need to explain how revenue works to the athletic department.

MLB randomly picked 20% for opening day.

Really weird as the difference between 20-35% capacity can’t be THAT different

tcumaniac

you should change your username to TCUderangedmaniac

Odds are TCU will increase baseball capacity before season end. Will it be by this weekend bc you cried about it? Probably not

you don’t need to explain how revenue works to the athletic department.

MLB randomly picked 20% for opening day.

Really weird as the difference between 20-35% capacity can’t be THAT different
Good one.

What are you basing these odds on? Everyone associated with TCU has indicated the capacity is very unlikely to change for baseball.

Also, you need to get your facts straight. MLB didn't randomly pick 20% for opening day. That was just the capacity recently announced for the city of Chicago. It hasn't been officially announced yet, but Rangers are likely to allow close to full capacity.

flyfishingfrog

Steel is very sorry to burst your bubble Karen, but there have been so far nearly 9,000 complaints (i.e. federal court cases) filed in the US related to COVID (655 in Texas)(400 against educational institutions), and no doubt many times that number in state courts:

https://www.huntonak.com/en/covid-19-tracker.html

Sometimes reality intrudes...
And how many of those would have occurred if ambulance chasing plaintiff lawyers had to pay for the defense when they lose?

We have too many blood suckers in this world looking to profit off anyone else’s misery already

steelfrog

Tier 1
And how many of those would have occurred if ambulance chasing plaintiff lawyers had to pay for the defense when they lose?

We have too many blood suckers in this world looking to profit off anyone else’s misery already
Can’t disagree with that but we have to accept the world as it is not as we wish it would be