• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs UT Predictions

Chongo94

Hi y'all! We're new here but have been doing a decent amount of TCU preview stuff lately. After the great showing against OSU, we decided to give y'all a take and apply our computer model to this game.

You might find it interesting to listen to a couple of SEC guys who have no dog in this fight talk about your game

Not bad. Thanks for sharing.

TX_Krötenechse

Let’s be clear, in reality that wasn’t big win.

USC sucks ass.

However, Horn lives in a different reality.
“Big win” doesn’t necessarily mean a win over a really great team. For example, Kansas blowing Rutgers out was a big win for them because it proved to them that they could. Same with Texas - USC might suck, but UT players are going to have a lot more confidence now than they did before because they proved to themselves that they could win a game on the national stage in convincing fashion.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
“Big win” doesn’t necessarily mean a win over a really great team. For example, Kansas blowing Rutgers out was a big win for them because it proved to them that they could. Same with Texas - USC might suck, but UT players are going to have a lot more confidence now than they did before because they proved to themselves that they could win a game on the national stage in convincing fashion.
Fair point. Still not worried about UT.

Hi y'all! We're new here but have been doing a decent amount of TCU preview stuff lately. After the great showing against OSU, we decided to give y'all a take and apply our computer model to this game.

You might find it interesting to listen to a couple of SEC guys who have no dog in this fight talk about your game

This is the biggest farce of a preview and prediction I've seen. They look at TCU as they lucked in playing Ohio State well and they looked at the game instead of TCU could of won the game they looked at the game as how TCU could of been blown away. Then they looked at UT and how the Maryland game is probably more of a outlier game than what UT really is. That USC couldn't be worse than Maryland.

USC had issues versus UNLV. Gave up 21 points and for a time UNLV had that game. USC could be easily 0-3 instead of 1-2.

This is how everyone grades TCU. They always look at how TCU could lose instead of looking at TCU game as how they exposed defenses and can make big plays with speed.

Basically these guys see TCU as a mid major still and grade as such. How lucky TCU got.

I think UT will come out strong but they don't have the horses to complete a full game and will look more like the UT vs Maryland Longhorns than what they saw last week.

Last edited:

SECFans

This is the biggest farce of a preview and prediction I've seen. They look at TCU as they lucked in playing Ohio State well and they looked at the game instead of TCU could of won the game they looked at the game as how TCU could of been blown away. Then they looked at UT and how the Maryland game is probably more of a outlier game than what UT really is. That USC couldn't be worse than Maryland.

USC had issues versus UNLV. Gave up 21 points and for a time UNLV had that game. USC could be easily 0-3 instead of 1-2.

This is how everyone grades TCU. They always look at how TCU could lose instead of looking at TCU game as how they exposed defenses and can make big plays with speed.

Basically these guys see TCU as a mid major still and grade as such. How lucky TCU got.

I think UT will come out strong but they don't have the horses to complete a full game and will look more like the UT vs Maryland Longhorns than what they saw last week.

I truly don't understand how you got that from us talking about TCU/Texas for 40 mins. Summary of what we actually said:

• TCU is far better than we thought they'd be going into the Ohio St game
  • One of us said TCU right now is ahead of Oklahoma and likely wins the B12
  • TCU did a far better job neutralizing a size/athleticism disadvantage with speed than we expected
  • Shawn Robinson played well
  • One of us talked about how Texas struggling with Tulsa, given the fact that Tulsa lost to bad teams worse than they did to Texas, and losing to Maryland is a bad sign
  • I mentioned that TCU will need to /sustain/ an offense and not expect to get 90+ yard runs multiple times. That's not a sensational claim. I also said they'd be able to do it
  • One of us picked Texas, the other picked TCU by double digits
  • I literally said TCU's speed stressed Ohio St in a way they didn't anticipate and how speed at every position has a constant and cumulative effect on opposing teams on both sides of the ball
I think you're likely used to hearing local podcasts that sunshine pump. We don't do that. But we in no way called your team a 'mid major' and that you were lucky. Maybe you have a bit of a chip on your shoulder and put what we said in a frame of what you came into the discussion expecting us to say?

We literally started the show by owning our missed perception of TCU coming out of the SMU game.

Ron Swanson

I truly don't understand how you got that from us talking about TCU/Texas for 40 mins. Summary of what we actually said:

• TCU is far better than we thought they'd be going into the Ohio St game
  • One of us said TCU right now is ahead of Oklahoma and likely wins the B12
  • TCU did a far better job neutralizing a size/athleticism disadvantage with speed than we expected
  • Shawn Robinson played well
  • One of us talked about how Texas struggling with Tulsa, given the fact that Tulsa lost to bad teams worse than they did to Texas, and losing to Maryland is a bad sign
  • I mentioned that TCU will need to /sustain/ an offense and not expect to get 90+ yard runs multiple times. That's not a sensational claim. I also said they'd be able to do it
  • One of us picked Texas, the other picked TCU by double digits
  • I literally said TCU's speed stressed Ohio St in a way they didn't anticipate and how speed at every position has a constant and cumulative effect on opposing teams on both sides of the ball
I think you're likely used to hearing local podcasts that sunshine pump. We don't do that. But we in no way called your team a 'mid major' and that you were lucky. Maybe you have a bit of a chip on your shoulder and put what we said in a frame of what you came into the discussion expecting us to say?

We literally started the show by owning our missed perception of TCU coming out of the SMU game.

I didn’t listen to the podcast but I can’t imagine someone from our fanbase with a chip on their shoulder.

/sarcasm

cdsfrog

Quite a few are picking Texas because of

1) short spread
2) We lost
3) They won.

I figured TCU would lose a fairly close game with Ohio State (lose by 10 or so) and would be -1 on turnover margin. If you had told me that we literally gave them 21 points, played sloppy and were -3 in turnovers I would have predicted Ohio State wins by 30 or so and been up 21 points not 5 at the end of the 3rd quarter.

Texas lost to a horrible Maryland team, barely beat a horrible Tulsa team and beat a horrible USC team. If we lose it's because we come in and play flat. We should win by double digits if both play good or great.