• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs Texas A&M Basketball Game

Georgetown beat Syracuse last night, but also had losses to Dartmouth and St. Joseph. It will be our first true road game of the year so it will be interesting to see how the team responds to a hostile crowd.
Nice away game challenge this time of year. Should be a decent crowd and solid competition but we still should be a slight favorite I would think. Then get a little time and two easy games before jumping into conference play on the road at KU (who demolished Missouri yesterday).

Last edited:

PurplFrawg

Administrator
I don't play close enough attention anymore to know. St. Joe's has been down lately, but with the current transfer situation it could have changed quickly.
Interesting the quote the announcers were attributing to Jamie last evening. Something on the order of: "You can't go by what a team was like last year. With the new rules, everything has changed. I don't like it, but that's the way things are now." He went on to say that he liked being able to develop a player over 3 or 4 years, but that just isn't possible (as often) any more.

Interesting the quote the announcers were attributing to Jamie last evening. Something on the order of: "You can't go by what a team was like last year. With the new rules, everything has changed. I don't like it, but that's the way things are now." He went on to say that he liked being able to develop a player over 3 or 4 years, but that just isn't possible (as often) any more.
I guess it depends on how the season goes, but unless we run a bunch of people off and/or there is a coaching change doesn't seem like we will be nearly as active in the portal next year. Only seniors are Evans and O'Bannon. Major contributors Miles, Miller, Peavy, Baugh, Lampkin, Coles, Cork, Farabello all will be back. Wells and Doumbia not getting as much PT last few games, so potentially could go to the portal to replace them, but if only the seniors graduate, seems like a year to replace the graduating players with freshmen. One of the things to attract players in the portal is potential for immediate opportunity and we may have a pretty crowded depth chart.

Dogfrog

That was 9 turnovers for the entire team, not miles. As was the 0-6 on 3's
Consider we beat a decent Aggie team on a neutral court with an Aggie crowd and made only three 3-pointers. Our deep roster is contributing in ways we are not used to seeing. Based on our past teams working the shot clock down for often ugly three point attempts, fans have been conditioned to focus on shooting. But there is more going on with this team, at least to this point. Rebounding, perimeter defense, driving, scoring off offensive boards is improved.