• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs. Rangers

If you had tickets to the TCU game and the Rangers game, which would you go to?

• Total voters

Kaiser

Even if someone was a rangers fan (and I don't get how anyone pulls for the rangers) why would you want to go watch the rangers lose instead of the frogs win? Have the rangers ever won a home playoff game? Beaten the Yankees in a series? No and no. And that won't be changing. Yankees in 4.

2314@work

Contributor
NEWP. You are just a lazy fan and would rather sit at home in the comfort of your AC and watch the game tomorrow. Why didn't you come last week and why won't you be there tomorrow? XXXXXXXXXXXXXD

Like I said last week (again, 2314 has skins on his TCU wall and doesn't need a come-by-me-lately fan to scold him) ... Rangers playoff game.
Why watch one when you can watch both? If it was Utah I would be at football game. A 29 1/2 point spread? Pul-leaze.

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
Like I said last week (again, 2314 has skins on his TCU wall and doesn't need a come-by-me-lately fan to scold him) ... Rangers playoff game.
Why watch one when you can watch both? If it was Utah I would be at football game. A 29 1/2 point spread? Pul-leaze.

Oh I am sorry I was 7 (at the oldest) during the 80s and lived a couple hundred miles away. You are right though, I should have got in my hot wheels and hit 1-30 to FW for the game. BWHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHA.

ifrog

everyone should just be happy we have options here. Imagine living in someplace like Boise!

To each their own if you want to attend the Rangers game knock yourself out. I'll be at the TCU game but wouldn't care if someone else chose the Rangers

2314@work

Contributor
Oh I am sorry I was 7 (at the oldest) during the 80s and lived a couple hundred miles away. You are right though, I should have got in my hot wheels and hit 1-30 to FW for the game. BWHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHA.
hot_wheels_big_boy.jpg

Zammers

If this was a home game against Wyoming, Tennessee Tech, UNLV, etc..........I would be at the Rangers game. But, I have a burning desire to lay the wood to BYU badly. So I would be at the TCU game. And will be at the TCU game.

I can watch some of the Rangers game in the parking lot at half and after the game.

2314@work

Contributor
If this was a home game against Wyoming, Tennessee Tech, UNLV, etc..........I would be at the Rangers game. But, I have a burning desire to lay the wood to BYU badly. So I would be at the TCU game. And will be at the TCU game.

I can watch some of the Rangers game in the parking lot at half and after the game.
Well, sir, just the fact that I am staying home to watch both is about the best insult I can give to lowly, insignificant BYU.
However, those who wish to go watch Frogs blister Newly Entitled U's butt have my blessing, and my respect.

2314@work

Contributor
GO to the TCU game, DVR the Rangers........

enjoy the Rangers win in the evening after you get home.

Technology baby, technology!!
Uh, you must not get out much.
Technology? Technology?
Here's what "technology" will get you. You DVR the game, and this new "technology" item called an Iphone - which everyone but me seems to have - will be giving folks around you the Rangers score. Good luck, but 2314 guesses when you leave ACS you will already know the Ranger score. No drama there - the only way to fly on Saturday is 2-TV action.
Unless, of course, Frogs were playing a competitive team. 29 1/2 points?????

Endless Purple

Voted TCU. If I had tickets to both, I would sell the Rangers ticket. Primarily because I am an Astros fan and don't have any opinion on the Rangers.

If it was an Astros championship series - I would go to the baseball game.

Now if you were talking World Series game vs BCS bowl (more apples to apples) I would take TCU. or even TCU/Utah this year I would take TCU.

2314@work

Contributor
Voted TCU. If I had tickets to both, I would sell the Rangers ticket. Primarily because I am an Astros fan and don't have any opinion on the Rangers.

If it was an Astros championship series - I would go to the baseball game.

Now if you were talking World Series game vs BCS bowl (more apples to apples) I would take TCU. or even TCU/Utah this year I would take TCU.

Last I heard they don't play the World Series in January
wacko.gif

ShivasFrog

- the only way to fly on Saturday is 2-TV action.

2314, by that logic, ACS would be empty tomorrow. Personally, I'm going to savor every point the Frogs score tomorrow and yell for more.

PurplePutt

Let me tell you all something. As TCU amabassadors you all are doing a very poor job. As an alumni and a huge TCU fan the proper way to gain fans is not by alienation. I am a bit bothered by the notion that something that has never happened before in DFW is bringing such hatred out for those who may be attending. Make no matter of the fact that fans have been at every TCU since 1965 or 75 or 85 or 95 or 05, if they wanna go to a friggin ALCS game let them do so without ridicule. Let the baseball fans have their day, it may never come again. Most people on this board are TCU alums or longtime fans. We need those people with Ranger tickets who may have no affiliation with TCU lets not drive them away with a few mal-contentual statements.

That being said I will be at the TCU game as I am every Saturday, but I have no hate for those who opt for a Ranger ALCS game.

Evlo59

To Hell with them. I am not an ambassador. I am a Frog fan. I hope I alienated them! Tired of hearing this crap about "who knows when another ACLS will come to town" and "I've been waiting for this for years." When was the last time TCU was ranked #4 in the country with BYU coming to town?

Trelvis

First of all, I would never buy Rangers tickets. Next, I went to the Rangers game tonight. I went in with an open mind. I thought, if anything can change my mind about this sport, it will be a playoff game against the hated Yankees. I was wrong...The energy and atmosphere was great until the Rangers started losing. Thats the positive. The negative is that I was bored out of my mind. Seriously, do we really need to play a 4 hour marathon match? How many pitchers are we going to bring in to throw 3 pitches? I cant get down with any sport that doesnt have a time limit. I will no longer attend any other Rangers game, I can sit through it.

I dont have the patience, and I dont have the interest. I am not sure how someone picks baseball over TCU football. Its not even close. I would also like to add that Michael Young is one of the most overrated athletes in this area.

tcumaniac

Uh, you must not get out much.
Technology? Technology?
Here's what "technology" will get you. You DVR the game, and this new "technology" item called an Iphone - which everyone but me seems to have - will be giving folks around you the Rangers score. Good luck, but 2314 guesses when you leave ACS you will already know the Ranger score. No drama there - the only way to fly on Saturday is 2-TV action.

2314, youre my friend and i know you're a huge baseball fan.... but as your friend, im gonna give it to you straight: i don't approve of your behavior. get your a$$ in the carter and watch the frogs destroy the mormons. ill keep you updated on my phone... you dont miss a home football game to go watch it on tv... you basically get as much out of score updates from your phone as you do watching a baseball game on tv. at least come to the first half. dont be a contributor to our attendance problem. youre better than that