• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs. Baylor

FROGDADDY

Not sure what warranted the insult, but anyways, it's cool, considering I don't give a [Craig James] what you think

Any less warranted than your insulting of Crichton? One of the better freshman pitchers we've had here in a while and very consistent in his performance all year long. And my comment wasn't directed at just this post, there's been a bit of a track record lately. Not giving a rip what other people think is OK, but if you want to stop making ignorant posts you might reconsider.

illini_frog

You're keeping a "track record" of my posting?
biggrin.gif

And yes, it was worse than my "insult" of Crichton. I didn't call him a bad person or anything, which is pretty much what you did. I said his pitching is shaky and we need to get him out before Baylor hits a triple off him.

And I will ALWAYS support our players, especially our baseball players, several of whom I know personally and are good students and good guys too. But Crichton has looked shaky in his last few times as closer, and I'm not about to let us choke away a big game against Baylor just because we want to give a guy the benefit of the doubt.

Pharm Frog

Honestly, I didn't see the errant throw in the 9th inning. I heard something about the ball being wet and Coats' throw left the field of play. I take it from what I've seen posted that we tried that toss across the field all the way to first base. There may be a time for that play but I'm not sure that two-run lead in the 9th inning of a game with a wet baseball would be the time. That said, we sure would have the element of surprise on our side. Also, did anyone else think back to last year's TTU game with two outs, tying run on third, and an 0-2 count on the batter and Holaday threw down to third for a game-ending pick off? I was thinking about it and praying that we wouldn't press our luck with that play again.....

ShivasFrog

Also, did anyone else think back to last year's TTU game with two outs, tying run on third, and an 0-2 count on the batter and Holaday threw down to third for a game-ending pick off?

Will never forget that play. That's when I realized Holaday had super-human powers.

OmniscienceFrog

Not sure what warranted the insult, but anyways, it's cool, considering I don't give a [Craig James] what you think

Anyways....to his credit, Crichton got the double play ball and then struck the last guy out on a beautiful breaking ball, but he just looks too shaky out there to be a closer. I want a guy who just gets 3 ground balls in a row. Crichton gave up deep fly balls, line drives, etc.

EDIT: Also, it is my fault that I blamed him for the run scoring. That was a dumb throw and catch between Coats and Weik.

Still, he just doesn't have the "look" of a guy I want closing. Mitchell had that look the best. To me, Starratt had that look too. He's who I'd suggest to go in for Crichton.

Well, Crichton has now picked up two W's in three days against two different Big 12 teams, closing both of them out in the 10th and 9th innings. That "look" is fine with me.

tcumaniac

Anyways....to his credit, Crichton got the double play ball and then struck the last guy out on a beautiful breaking ball, but he just looks too shaky out there to be a closer. I want a guy who just gets 3 ground balls in a row. Crichton gave up deep fly balls, line drives, etc.

EDIT: Also, it is my fault that I blamed him for the run scoring. That was a dumb throw and catch between Coats and Weik.

Still, he just doesn't have the "look" of a guy I want closing. Mitchell had that look the best. To me, Starratt had that look too. He's who I'd suggest to go in for Crichton.

"anyways" is not a word sweetheart

cdsfrog

WOW what an ending, just woke thanks to my dog. Awesome to see them win, damn Baylor is a pesky team.

2 fights in a thread, people to calm down myself the most probably.

Sorry for stupid crap earlier houstonfrog, everyone else be happy they won an ugly game. If you can win those, (2 now in less than a week) it creates a lot of momentum for the MWC tourney and upcoming regionals.

Finally awesome play by play Pharm

Night all