• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs. Baylor - Conference Tournament Edition

cdsfrog

swimmerbabe11 said:
Well alright. Time to do some good old fashioned rooting for OU.

:angry:

There isn't a puking icon for that.

puke.gif

Purp

Purp said:
OU scored 3 in the top half of the 1st. Hope that sticks.
I won't say anything positive about OU. Apparently I cursed them. Pokes have the bases juiced with 1 run in already and no outs in the bottom of the 1st with B12 PoY Fish at the plate.

HBP to score another. Bases still loaded with no outs. Erg.

TCUdirtbag

FrogsMcGee, on 21 May 2014 - 09:48 AM, said:
FrogsMcGee said:
So, the best possible day for TCU's RPI alone (without caring if those around us win) would be wins by all of our non-conference opponentsTCU win, OU(?) win, Tech win, WVU win.  Best case day ending RPI in this scenario (without knowing how the 3rd component OOWP will change) would be .5880.  That would bump us up one spot.  Not much to gain today, but a ton to lose.

McGee--can you check your OU/OSU #s? The numbers in your OP show either an OSU and OU win hurt the Frogs in the RPI a bit, but the OU win would hurt less than an OSU win.  Your #s are on page 1 of this thread.

In Progress:
- UTSA 3 - UAB 0, B4.
- Oklahoma 3 - OSU 2, T2

Helpful Wins:
- TCU
- Michigan State
- Rice
- SHSU
- Houston

Hurtful Losses:

Game Not Started:
DBU, A&M-CC, UTA, Tech/UT

Other Games:
- Final: Ole Miss lost
- Final: Vanderbilt lost
- Final: Miami lost
- Final: ULL won
- Kentucky 4 - Florida 1, T2
- Iowa 1 - Indiana 0, B2

BABYFACE

illini_frog said:
If Traver had been 1% better today and finished things quietly everyone would be praising Schloss for getting the young guy some experience and how that foresight might pay off when we desperately need arms. 

Traver wasn't 1% better though and got hit pretty well, everyone says his stuff looked good, just a little bit off, so we had to bail him out, which we did no problem. It didn't work out perfectly, but it doesn't mean it wasn't the right call by Schloss. 
Disagree. Didn't like the call a bit before his first pitch. Post season is not the time to do this unless you are losing big and throwing in the towel for the game. It also wasn't the right call with the tying run at the plate. All it would have took was one swing.

Just to play the what if game. What if JS would had another pitcher ready before the 9th just in case it didn't work out for Traver. The leash should have been short. Run another pitcher after Bears get two on base.

Starting Kipper was a roll of the dice but a calculated one. Debuting a kid in the 9th is where I disagree.

I like JS a lot but I am not with him on this concerning the 9th inning. They had to use Riley anyway to end it. Rolling Howard out to start the 9th to end it would have made more sense to me.

tcujsauce

jewstfrogit said:

McGee--can you check your OU/OSU #s? The numbers in your OP show either an OSU and OU win hurt the Frogs in the RPI a bit, but the OU win would hurt less than an OSU win.  Your #s are on page 1 of this thread.

In Progress:

- UTSA 3 - UAB 0, B4.

- Oklahoma 3 - OSU 2, T2

Helpful Wins:

- TCU

- Michigan State

- Rice

- SHSU

- Houston

Hurtful Losses:

Game Not Started:

DBU, 
A&M-CC, UTA, Tech/UT

Other Games:

- Iowa 1 - Indiana 0, B2
Lots of things falling our way so far today. Nice change.

Purp

jewstfrogit said:

In Progress:

- UTSA 3 - UAB 0, B4.

- Oklahoma 3 - OSU 2, T2

Helpful Wins:

- TCU

- Michigan State

- Rice

- SHSU

- Houston

Hurtful Losses:

Game Not Started:

DBU, 
A&M-CC, UTA, Tech/UT

Other Games:

- Iowa 1 - Indiana 0, B2
What's happening in the SEC today? Whatever it is I'm digging it.

Frogged

Frogged
All I knows is, we put our week day starter out ther today against their "ace" and handled those puke stains for the majority of the game.

cdsfrog

Spike said:
He's actually a very good guy in real life. Also about 40 years younger than I imagined. 

So 80 instead of 120? :biggrin:

I forget how good he is at getting me riled up. Very sneaky. Still need to a do a baseball tailgate