• The KillerFrogs

TCU v. Syracuse Basketball NCAA Tourney Game Thread

OmniscienceFrog

We got beat by a much much much better program than us.

We will build on this and keep getting better
and better recruits.
At this point I will buy this. A better team i wouldn't. We stunk it up tonight. We've stunk it up at other times this season, but we didn't lose to a better team tonight. We still have a ways to go, but I think we'll get there. 2019-2020 SHOULD be the year we make some real noise.

froginmn

Just got out of the shower so it’ll have to wait!!!
You made me read through this entire pile of negativity, and still no pic.

sad-puppy-face-640x480.jpg

MadFrog

Our offense was terrible. All in all I think we had a good season. We need some help though. Our PG has too many turnovers and can't shoot. As for Miller/Noi, I vote for Noi. Miller plays out of control. He drives the basket with no plan. Noi is not much better. Hopefully the red shirts are more skilled and can shoot a stupid free throw. An air ball from a senior leader on a free throw is all nerves. Why?

Ron Swanson

Our offense was terrible. All in all I think we had a good season. We need some help though. Our PG has too many turnovers and can't shoot. As for Miller/Noi, I vote for Noi. Miller plays out of control. He drives the basket with no plan. Noi is not much better. Hopefully the red shirts are more skilled and can shoot a stupid free throw. An air ball from a senior leader on a free throw is all nerves. Why?

They played like they hadn’t been there before

I couldn’t sleep. This stings so much and it will for awhile for me. Cuse is good but this was a game the Frogs lost more than the Orange won. So many missed shots at the rim plus open threes that were bricked. We didn’t rebound like we can.

Tough loss.

CountryFrog

Sorry, you can quote the game’s stats if you want but I said a week or so ago I don’t see this team making a run and you called me out then too. If you objectively watched the team perform throughout the year, this loss is not surprising. What you just mentioned is sloppy play, something we have shown we are quite capable of doing throughout the year.

I’ve seen the team go cold from 3’s, miss open layups, and have infuriating turnovers. I’ve seen opposing players have career games against us. Some fans apparently chose to forget that these things have happened throughout the season.

I get that people are disappointed and some are surprised, and I’m disappointed too. But I’m also looking forward to the next few years because there’s finally light in this basketball tunnel.
I didn't call you out on it. I just said that it's not crazy to think the team might be able to win a couple games. I mean, UMBC just won a game so why is it not possible that TCU could? I wasn't even making any predictions about what WOULD happen, just saying that it's crazy to think we CAN'T win a couple games. I still feel that way. Just because we didn't doesn't mean it was always impossible the whole time.

I understand the team has played sloppy all year, but it's not like Syracuse just won their last two games by playing clean, flawless basketball. We've been sloppy all year and still won 21 games. You can win sloppy because lots of other teams play sloppy and inconsistent like we do.

I'm just saying that to act like everyone on here who's disappointed in, what was not just a sloppy game, but a dreadful offensive performance is not totally insane. I'm not shocked we lost and I'm not even super disappointed about the loss personally. But I wouldn't blame anyone who watched that game last night and came away immensely frustrated and disappointed with the way the team played.

I think we would've lost to Michigan St tomorrow anyway and I think next year's team is going to be better than this year's team. But that doesn't mean people have no right to be disappointed or frustrated at what was probably our worst offensive game of the year.

CountryFrog

And to be clear, I'm not expressing any level of disappointment with the players, coaches, or program as a whole. I'm extremely excited about the basketball program. This one game isn't a referendum on all that. But this one game was super frustrating to watch. We didn't lose to a better team or even to a team that played better. They were just as crappy as we were. Someone just had to end the game with more points.

cheese83

Actually I am cetain my wife is hotter than yours and I am very successful.

I unlike you understand how life works and realize that you have limited chances and you have to seize your opportunities when you get them.

If you don’t, you are average just like this team

Winners understand this

We just went from 4 conference wins over a few years to winning the NIT then getting a 6 seed in the tourney. Syracuse is still Syracuse and we accomplished this primarily from guys in the Trent Johnson era.

Next season will be tough replacing Brod, Robinson, and especially Kenrich, but I think we could get back in with a good offseason of development for the younger guys.

cheese83

Last night I also felt like the refs were really letting them play. We could have gotten a few more fouls called when we drove and Chukwu should have fouled out early. Not sure why we didn’t try to attack him more especially when he could hardly move in the last 6 mins. Same thing happened at K St.

CountryFrog

Agree with the sentiment but passive missed layups, dropped passes and boards because of weak grips, an opposing center shooting a higher free throw percentage than our PG, and a player having a career game offensively against us are things everyone who has watched this team could have expected.

The death of our three point shooting was unexpected for sure as was having an opponent attempt nine more shots than us.
That's all very true. I think they did a better job last night of putting it all together into one 40 minute performance than at any other time all year. I'm not shocked that any of those things happened, but it's still disappointing every time.

Dogfrog

Syracuse has forever hung their hat on specializing in very tough zone defense. Last night they somehow found just enough offense to win. Give them credit. We looked tight from the tip and never established any flow.

Bizarro Frog

We went from the maybe the worst Power 5 basketball team in the nation to winners of the NIT and making the Big Dance in 2 years. Add that to a Top 10 Baseball program and Top 10 Football program and we are living the dream I cold not imagine in the 80’s & 90’s.

Great time to be a Frog!!!!!!