• The KillerFrogs

TCU v. Syracuse Basketball NCAA Tourney Game Thread

nwlafrog

Actually I am cetain my wife is hotter than yours and I am very successful.

I unlike you understand how life works and realize that you have limited chances and you have to seize your opportunities when you get them.

If you don’t, you are average just like this team

Winners understand this

Comes off the top rope with the my wife is hotter than yours. Solid bro. Well done.

Chongo94

You can say you're not surprised we lost, and that's understandable since 11's beat 6's just about every year once or twice. Hell, this isn't even close to one of the biggest upsets this season just in terms of seeding. But acting like you're not surprised at all by 3-17 from 3, several missed layups, and literally dropping the ball 4 or 5 times is crazy. I don't remember anyone saying before the game that we'd look completely and totally inept offensively for 40 minutes.

Not to mention them getting 17 points from a guy who averages 5 and their 60% free throw shooting center swishing 6 for 6.

No one saw any of that coming and that is what people are surprised about and disappointed in more than just losing a close game.

Sorry, you can quote the game’s stats if you want but I said a week or so ago I don’t see this team making a run and you called me out then too. If you objectively watched the team perform throughout the year, this loss is not surprising. What you just mentioned is sloppy play, something we have shown we are quite capable of doing throughout the year.

I’ve seen the team go cold from 3’s, miss open layups, and have infuriating turnovers. I’ve seen opposing players have career games against us. Some fans apparently chose to forget that these things have happened throughout the season.

I get that people are disappointed and some are surprised, and I’m disappointed too. But I’m also looking forward to the next few years because there’s finally light in this basketball tunnel.

Last edited:

Tom Brown

Dudes, bros, Quilters, LT's, and occasionally swimmerbabes, I wanted the Frogs to win tonight for many reasons, but im not gonna let a loss in the NCAA tourney sour my happiness on the progress we've made in 2 years.
Chill out on the sky is falling, whoa is me [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ], this is the best time in history to be a frog fan.

Ron Swanson

Actually I am cetain my wife is hotter than yours and I am very successful.

I unlike you understand how life works and realize that you have limited chances and you have to seize your opportunities when you get them.

If you don’t, you are average just like this team

Winners understand this
That’s the thing... this IS an average team (by national tournament team level standards).

It’s been an average team all year long but our fans critiqued it like it should be held to elite standards. We have been an absolute ship program for decades and we just got to decent/above average.

We shouldn’t have had expectations that made us get our hopes up. Making the tournament was awesome and if we had won a game or two, that would’ve been icing on the cake.

This wasn’t our year, it was never supposed to be our year... this year was all about building towards the coming years.

We got beat by a much much much better program than us. That happens on a given night.

We will build on this and keep getting better
and better recruits.

Pharm Frog

You can say you're not surprised we lost, and that's understandable since 11's beat 6's just about every year once or twice. Hell, this isn't even close to one of the biggest upsets this season just in terms of seeding. But acting like you're not surprised at all by 3-17 from 3, several missed layups, and literally dropping the ball 4 or 5 times is crazy. I don't remember anyone saying before the game that we'd look completely and totally inept offensively for 40 minutes.

Not to mention them getting 17 points from a guy who averages 5 and their 60% free throw shooting center swishing 6 for 6.

No one saw any of that coming and that is what people are surprised about and disappointed in more than just losing a close game.

Agree with the sentiment but passive missed layups, dropped passes and boards because of weak grips, an opposing center shooting a higher free throw percentage than our PG, and a player having a career game offensively against us are things everyone who has watched this team could have expected.

The death of our three point shooting was unexpected for sure as was having an opponent attempt nine more shots than us.

Chongo94

That’s the thing... this IS an average team (by national tournament team level standards).

It’s been an average team all year long but our fans critiqued it like it should be held to elite standards. We have been an absolute ship program for decades and we just got to decent/above average.

We shouldn’t have had expectations that made us get our hopes up. Making the tournament was awesome and if we had won a game or two, that would’ve been icing on the cake.

This wasn’t our year, it was never supposed to be our year... this year was all about building towards the coming years.

We got beat by a much much much better program than us. That happens on a given night.

and better recruits.

tenor.gif

Peacefrog

Degenerate

and better recruits.
This is the truth. Tcu had a terrible program for a long time. In two years we went from a loser program to NIT champ to a tournament bid. Getting all worked up over losing to a top program is pointless. It sucks but it’s just a speed bump along the way.

nwlafrog

He was responding to someone who directly called out his wife situation. It’s not like he brought it up out of the blue.

I see that, but as a poster that doesn’t read every post it came off a tad bit dewshy. Probably a solid dude and I’ll take your word for it for sure, but still....