• The KillerFrogs

TCU v Clemson

Wexahu

Wrong. Although I will admit often it was yelling at officials

I'm gonna die on that hill again. See attached, take a look at Bob Knight coaching in the 1987 National Title game and tell me how much a) he's out of his seat and b) yelling at the team during live action. Keep in mind this is the most intense, stressful atmosphere in college basketball, and he more or less just sits there and watches the vast majority of the game. Contrast that with a nervous, spastic looking Dixon pacing up and down and yelling instructions on virtually every possession during the game. You can't tell me that relaxes the players in any way. Our play reflects it too.

Rose Bowl

I'm gonna die on that hill again. See attached, take a look at Bob Knight coaching in the 1987 National Title game and tell me how much a) he's out of his seat and b) yelling at the team during live action. Keep in mind this is the most intense, stressful atmosphere in college basketball, and he more or less just sits there and watches the vast majority of the game. Contrast that with a nervous, spastic looking Dixon pacing up and down and yelling instructions on virtually every possession during the game. You can't tell me that relaxes the players in any way. Our play reflects it too.

I was at that game. Keith Smart shot was money.

CountryFrog

After reading several posts in this thread I will officially challenge anyone who thinks we won’t win a conference game to a $100 bet that we will. I won’t be surprised if we win 4+ conference games.
Despite my earlier comments I don't actually think we're going 0-18. I only think that IF we don't start getting more out of Bane then we might make a run at it. I have hope, though, that he'll get it going at some point.

Realtorfrog

Tough loss but aren’t going winless in big 12 play. We will win a few we shouldn’t and lose a few we should win. Fifth or sixth probably good enough for NIT......possibly NCAA bubble. Lots of new players learning to play together. We did stop running our offense too early last night but a comeback like last night happens about every 11 years. Fluke not the norm.

MTfrog5

Is he wrong?

Ummm place was packed during conference the year they won the NIT and went to the tourney. 8 and 6 pm starts are going to keep people away unless it’s a big time opponent imo. To hard to get to at 6 and getting home at 11 on a school night keeps people away. Lots of TCU fans for the Texas football game this year. He’s not totally wrong but not right either imo

Moose Stuff

Ummm place was packed during conference the year they won the NIT and went to the tourney. 8 and 6 pm starts are going to keep people away unless it’s a big time opponent imo. To hard to get to at 6 and getting home at 11 on a school night keeps people away. Lots of TCU fans for the Texas football game this year. He’s not totally wrong but not right either imo

I think he’s more right than wrong. I will say that the people he’s referring to about their complaining are probably people who attend games mostly.

MTfrog5

I think he’s more right than wrong. I will say that the people he’s referring to about their complaining are probably people who attend games mostly.
Exactly which goes back to the point where you’d rather have people complain than completely not give a [ Finebaum ] and ignore the program like we had for years

Moose Stuff

Was exaggerting- but if you apply that figure to the TTU game on a thursday night on ESPN last year, I don't think I'm wrong. In fact, I think I may be overestimating.

Our football attendance is very good for the size of our school. I stopped complaining about it years ago. Mediocre teams playing on a Thursday draw poorly all over the country FWIW.

MTfrog5

Our football attendance is very good for the size of our school. I stopped complaining about it years ago. Mediocre teams playing on a Thursday draw poorly all over the country FWIW.
OU didn’t sell out the game Saturday night so they must be screwed for that 5 star WR