• The KillerFrogs

TCU Unranked Texas still Ranked

Horny4TCU

You know what we deserve... 33-31 TCU.

We should make towels... wait nvm that was the dumbest idea ever by anyone ever.

4hbugm.jpg

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
It matters because ranked teams get talked about by national media. I’d say that’s pretty important for any brand. Getting exposure to national audiences for 6-7-8 weeks is better than 2-3 weeks.

And furthermore, if you are unranked, beat a top ten team and you don’t even crack top 25, it’s further evidence of how the system is flawed. Regardless of how overrated Texas is to begin with. System is scheissed.

It’s just like the BS argument that having a good UT or Notre Dame is good for football. How so? Or how TCU gets dropped 6 spots in the CFP rankings because we didn’t have that extra data point. Didn’t they know the Big 12’s status before the thing was set up? It’s not a level playing field and may never be as long as such BS arguments like this are being made.

Last edited:

Mean Purple

It matters because ranked teams get talked about by national media. I’d say that’s pretty important for any brand. Getting exposure to national audiences for 6-7-8 weeks is better than 2-3 weeks.

And furthermore, if you are unranked, beat a top ten team and you don’t even crack top 25, it’s further evidence of how the system is flawed. Regardless of how overrated Texas is to begin with. System is scheissed.

Exactly.
Furthermore,
They have also been using the rankings for their reasons to leverage people into the CFP and final CFP rankings most of the years. We beat number 9, have the same amount of losses as Texas, and we are not ranked? LSU got its defense torched by the team that Arkansas just beat and held to 14, yet they are 16 and 17 in the big polls. AP has 6 teams ranked that are not even playing yet. Won't play for weeks. And if those teams have 1 or two losses, they won't drop them out.
They have Iowa State ranked below Texas. If Texas wins next week, they'll jump 7 or 8 spots. Aggy is ranked and they got destroyed by Bama.
Oklahoma State is 3-0 and ranked below the buckeyes and penn state who have not played a game.

Atomic Frawg

The rankings will take care of themselves. If we win the next two games we have a legit shot at going undefeated until the last game against Okie Lite. That would be a nice seven-game win streak. Okie Lite has to come to the Funk. Win that, and we'd be in the championship game at 8-1, and would likely be ranked in the top 10. Beat them again in the championship game and we in! In fact, I'm making the call.

The rankings will take care of themselves. If we win the next two games we have a legit shot at going undefeated until the last game against Okie Lite. That would be a nice seven-game win streak. Okie Lite has to come to the Funk. Win that, and we'd be in the championship game at 8-1, and would likely be ranked in the top 10. Beat them again in the championship game and we in! In fact, I'm making the call.

Could we call this game Bedlam?