• The KillerFrogs

TCU Unranked Texas still Ranked

If they are going to always over rank Texas and they do, then we should get credit for beating the 9’th best team in the country! Also don’t understand how big 10 and pac 12 teams are ranked at all.

Hopefully it keeps us humble and we win a bunch more games.

netty2424

does it really matter?

if frogs are 5-1 or 6-1 latter this year and unranked you might have an argument, but fair and unfair? sounds a bit like sam after the game yesterday
It matters because ranked teams get talked about by national media. I’d say that’s pretty important for any brand. Getting exposure to national audiences for 6-7-8 weeks is better than 2-3 weeks.

And furthermore, if you are unranked, beat a top ten team and you don’t even crack top 25, it’s further evidence of how the system is flawed. Regardless of how overrated Texas is to begin with. System is scheissed.

Eight

It matters because ranked teams get talked about by national media. I’d say that’s pretty important for any brand. Getting exposure to national audiences for 6-7-8 weeks is better than 2-3 weeks.

And furthermore, if you are unranked, beat a top ten team and you don’t even crack top 25, it’s further evidence of how the system is flawed. Regardless of how overrated Texas is to begin with. System is scheissed.

texas gets conversation based upon eyes no different than dallas gets talked about on the sunday pregame shows

the system has been this way for decades and part of that early season ranking was texas for two years in a row winning a bowl game in a dominant manner, returning a senior quarterback, the other talent, and their recruiting classes

tcu came into this system after two straight losing seasons in conference play, questions on offense, questions on defense, and a roster that looked to be at least a year away

have no idea who is good and who isn't right now, but i wouldn't say tcu is one of the best teams i have seen to date this year

netty2424

texas gets conversation based upon eyes no different than dallas gets talked about on the sunday pregame shows

the system has been this way for decades and part of that early season ranking was texas for two years in a row winning a bowl game in a dominant manner, returning a senior quarterback, the other talent, and their recruiting classes

tcu came into this system after two straight losing seasons in conference play, questions on offense, questions on defense, and a roster that looked to be at least a year away

have no idea who is good and who isn't right now, but i wouldn't say tcu is one of the best teams i have seen to date this year
Doesn’t change why it matters. Lots of things have changed. Time for that to as well.

TCU_91

For all those thinking just win and it takes care of itself, go read the front page of espns college page.

They are already trying to write the Big xii off.

This is exactly why it matters.

Lsu goes from 3 or so to #20 Because they lost to an unranked msu. Who then gets Ranked, along with Lsu. Only to turn around and lose to Ark who has a 30 game sec losing streak.

The sec constantly is propped up in the polls so they can trumpet sec strength.

Another example, tenn beats two crappy teams and goes from unranked to 14.

Eight

Doesn’t change why it matters. Lots of things have changed. Time for that to as well.

far more important things in life need to get straightened out before the college football polls we are basically guesswork from the start

texas didn't need to be ranked in the top 10 and if the pac and big 10 are playing i don't think they are and what the last two weeks has shown is just how badly over rated they were coming into this season

the frogs have bigger issue to marketing their program than the rankings.

Eight

For all those thinking just win and it takes care of itself, go read the front page of espns college page.

Lsu goes from 3 or so to #20 Because they lost to an unranked msu. Who then gets Ranked, along with Lsu. Only to turn around and lose to Ark who has a 30 game sec losing streak.

sounds like the answer is ignoring espn

Endless Purple

It helps to be ranked for media, but as long as you play ranked teams, you also get exposure.

I don't really consider polls as having any sense of potential use until about 4-5 games in. Then you can get a better idea. For now, Texas being higher just means most thing they would win a rematch.

Yes, SEC is just a love fest for ratings. Good teams, but not as they are projected to be.

ifrog

sadly if OU or UT aren’t good this year it hurts the B12. It would take an undefeated B12 team outside of UT and OU to make it to the CFP. We know this all too well.

netty2424

far more important things in life need to get straightened out before the college football polls we are basically guesswork from the start

texas didn't need to be ranked in the top 10 and if the pac and big 10 are playing i don't think they are and what the last two weeks has shown is just how badly over rated they were coming into this season

the frogs have bigger issue to marketing their program than the rankings.
I mean we can make up what if’s, but the fact is UT was ranked what they were ranked. Rankings are the metric used by all sports.

My point is simple really. If they’re going to publish them, why not be accurate so the system maintains value and credibility.
from beginning to end. That’s it.

I won’t change your mind, and imo rankings matter, so we’ll leave it at that.