• The KillerFrogs

TCU Super Regional

West Coast Johnny

Inappropriate comments should never be tolerated in any setting of any sport. That being said...I often think the fans (usually older) who lecture people on the woo or harmless chirping are the ones being obnoxious. It's like the next door neighbor yelling at my three year old when the frisbee lands in his lawn. Get...over...it...
LoL at the guy who expresses that inappropriate comments should never be tolerated and in the same breath stereo-types older fans as being obnoxious.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I never saw it discussed on here, but who else noticed what was going on immediately after Skoug's HR?

The players in the MSU dugout were jerking each other off, convinced that skoug had missed first base as he was rounding the bases. They were all jumping around like a bunch of little girls pointing at first, shouting at their pitcher to throw it to first to get Evan out and eliminate his run.

The pitcher finally throws it to first, followed by the entire MSU dugout jizzing all over each other in excitement, only for the umpire to give the safe sign and confirm Skoug touched the base.
This was disturbingly descriptive.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
I never saw it discussed on here, but who else noticed what was going on immediately after Skoug's HR?

The players in the MSU dugout were jerking each other off, convinced that skoug had missed first base as he was rounding the bases. They were all jumping around like a bunch of little girls pointing at first, shouting at their pitcher to throw it to first to get Evan out and eliminate his run.

The pitcher finally throws it to first, followed by the entire MSU dugout jizzing all over each other in excitement, only for the umpire to give the safe sign and confirm Skoug touched the base.
Not only did he touch first, he used it as his launching pad to punch the air.

I didn't notice the dugout doing all that but I'm not surprised. They're a bunch of dicks.

Dogfrog

....and that it what I was expecting, a bunch of whining bs but that's now how they were. Attribute game actions to being fiercely competitive and the heat of the battle.

Seemed to be some whining from the dugout. Not sure if it was their head coach or maybe that Rob Ryan-looking assistant.
A college coach said a bad word?!
Please, please, I entreat you. Do NOT refer disparagingly to "older white haired ladies with tightly permed hairdos." I know at least one of those who could give you a good run.

I have completely white hair so I am allowed.

Dman890

I read all this stuff about "chirping" being ok and how those against it are wimps and anti-God. (I don't know...the logic keeps getting stretched here.)

Baseball has its own unique chirp culture, and I've always known that and I get it. But here is the truth (for me at least) and I wish more people would stand up against the loud minority chirp bullies - I am embarrassed by our baseball fans behavior. The woo is just UT level obnoxious and the comments that get screamed at 18-21 kids are shameful. (But it's cool right...it's chirping?)

Here is to telling the 5% of liquored up TCU fans "chirping" to shut the Art Briles up and try to act like you have a little class. Go frogs.

Yea I hate the woo. But I love [ Finebaum ] talking.

Ron Swanson

I was right there and saw them trying to get the pitchers attention. Of course I hadn't paid attention to whether or not he touched first base, so I started to get a little nervous. Then I started yelling as loud as I could, trying to drown out their voices so the pitcher couldn't hear them. It worked (or maybe I had nothing to do with it at all) because the pitcher threw the pitch, but then it got called back somehow and they allowed him to appeal.

Not sure the rule on that? Did the catcher call time before the pitch was thrown?

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
I was right there and saw them trying to get the pitchers attention. Of course I hadn't paid attention to whether or not he touched first base, so I started to get a little nervous. Then I started yelling as loud as I could, trying to drown out their voices so the pitcher couldn't hear them. It worked (or maybe I had nothing to do with it at all) because the pitcher threw the pitch, but then it got called back somehow and they allowed him to appeal.

Not sure the rule on that? Did the catcher call time before the pitch was thrown?

First baseman did.

Deep Purple

Regarding some of the TCU fans that I talked to before the game that said "But they played in a lesser conference and don't play nobody, Pawl." Please turn in your TCU fan card. MSU baseball is every bit as legit as TCU football circa 2009.
Don't know who you talked to at the stadium, but nobody on this board said anything remotely resembling the Bears "don't play anybody" or aren't as legit as TCU.

As for playing in a lesser conference, sorry, but that is absolutely true. The Big 12 is the toughest baseball conference in America. Every single team finished the regular season with a top-60 RPI and a winning W-L record.

MSU and TCU finished the season with virtually identical W-L records, yet TCU's RPI was 6 and MSU's was 24. How else do you explain that, apart from differences in SOS?

I'm scared of what the Bears HR bats may do to Howard tomorrow.
Yesterday vs. Janczak, MSU's big bats showed an unfortunately tendency toward chasing rising fastballs or outside-tailing breaking balls out of the zone. How do you think they're going respond to a 6'7" pitcher who tops out at 7' or more when delivering from the pitcher's mound?