• The KillerFrogs

TCU stadium article and a couple questions.

mtmedlin

http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/06/19/3162773/renovations-on-amon-g-carter-stadium.html

The article metioned that another donor has given $10 million more to raise the total to $143 million toward the stadium. It also said something about the east side being included within this renovations. I am not familiar with the total plan, other then seeing some amazing drawings. If the current plan is to have TCU at 45K seats (is that correct?) then what would be the total seating if the east side is also done?
I appreciate any info!

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Here you go...

The east side stands would be leveled similarly to the west side, where only the original first 20 rows remain. Concourses would connect the newly constructed north end zone upper deck with both the west and east sides.

Perhaps most importantly from an aesthetic point of view, the east side would match the stadium brick scheme that is already on display in the south end-zone suites.

uites.http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/04/07/2984345/east-side-grandstands-added-to.html

ross

KMA
Current plan is about 42 to 43K. Redo of east side does NOT add or subtract any seats. It is just an update of the infrastructure and clean u p of the outside appearance of the facility to match ie brick facade etc
What we need to watch for is whether they Cain raise even more money en they could start Phase 3 closeing in some of the gaps in the north end zone bringing back up around 47 to 50K

Will be interesting to see what happens in the next 7 months

Noticed that supports for south score board we going up last weekend

angelo's frog

http://www.star-tele...er-stadium.html

The article metioned that another donor has given $10 million more to raise the total to $143 million toward the stadium. It also said something about the east side being included within this renovations. I am not familiar with the total plan, other then seeing some amazing drawings. If the current plan is to have TCU at 45K seats (is that correct?) then what would be the total seating if the east side is also done?
I appreciate any info!

I think total capacity will be around 42k. Not positive but I think that's the most recent plan with both sides being redone. Supposedly the designs give us the flexibility to add more seats up to 50k if attendance continues to rise and they determine that demand will support it. They would rather have 6 full houses than have 4 games with 5,000 to 8,000 empty seats and two 50k sellouts.

Big Frog II

Del Conte mentioned in a recent blog that capacity would be about 43,000 once the eastside is finished with an easy expansion to 50,000 when needed. I would only add the additonal seats if we have a waiting list for season tickets or our student population jumps to 15,000.

froginaustin

Del Conte mentioned in a recent blog that capacity would be about 43,000 once the eastside is finished with an easy expansion to 50,000 when needed. I would only add the additonal seats if we have a waiting list for season tickets

-- a distinct possibility --

or our student population jumps to 15,000--

not likely any time soon. Non-athletic facilities really won't support more than about 10k students (~9,200 now).

mtmedlin

Don't let TopFrog see this thread.

LOL

Umm...Ive already commited a million foe paws. Why shouldnt he see this.

To HoosierFrog...I grew up just outside of Bloomington. Whereabouts are you from?

To the rest, I appreciate the info. Cant wait to fly over and see yall. First game that USF plays the Frogs, I'll be there!

froginaustin

I have the impression that total seating may be ~43,000, but total capacity may be quite a bit higher for the really hot-ticket games like the Utah game even before any expansion of seating. Lots of standing-room-only space on the endzone "party deck" and probably in the sideline concourses that have unobstructed views of the field.

If Jerry can sell SRO space in an organized fashion at the JerryShack, why can't TCU?

ross

KMA
with all the open areas like atop the N endzone and the walkways with field views the SRO capacity is substantially more than the old AGCS

halfwaytoheaven

with all the open areas like atop the N endzone and the walkways with field views the SRO capacity is substantially more than the old AGCS

What will the SRO accommodations be like? Cowboys Stadium has those counters along the railings for fans to lean/set drinks and snacks on. Will AGC have anything along those lines? I'm going to be sitting near the top of the NEZ upper deck this fall, and I don't want any of those SRO roughnecks dropping their nachos on me.

Big Frog II

What will the SRO accommodations be like? Cowboys Stadium has those counters along the railings for fans to lean/set drinks and snacks on. Will AGC have anything along those lines? I'm going to be sitting near the top of the NEZ upper deck this fall, and I don't want any of those SRO roughnecks dropping their nachos on me.
You may need to wear a raincoat.

Endless Purple

You won't be alone up there. Of course there will be the added convenience of just running up for your own nachos without missing much of the game.

halfwaytoheaven

You may need to wear a raincoat.

Good call.

You won't be alone up there. Of course there will be the added convenience of just running up for your own nachos without missing much of the game.

Doesn't look like there will be any concession stands on top. I'll have to go down to concourse level to get food. Which is okay, because all I usually get is some of those corn dogs and funnel cakes from the little carts. Maybe there's a way to get into the West stands from the NEZUD, but that seems like just as long of a walk.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Umm...Ive already commited a million foe paws. Why shouldnt he see this.

To HoosierFrog...I grew up just outside of Bloomington. Whereabouts are you from?

To the rest, I appreciate the info. Cant wait to fly over and see yall. First game that USF plays the Frogs, I'll be there!

Houston.

Texas immigrant.

I, however, live north of Indy in an area called Geist.

Just curious, since you are from B-town. Do you say "acrosst", for "across"? "I seen?", for "I saw?" "I had went", instead of "I went to".

I always had this typical Texas belief that everyone thought we were hicks, I am still shocked how hillbilly Indiana can be. Must be the proximity to Kentucky.

I've got to say, however, summer here sure does beat the crap out of hot and humid.

Planks

-- a distinct possibility --

not likely any time soon. Non-athletic facilities really won't support more than about 10k students (~9,200 now).

Non-Athletic facilities cant support the amount of students we have now, much less 10k. TCU made a major mistake in admitting 200 too many students in each of the last three freshman classes, and it has finally caught up to them. Housing is going to be an absolute disaster for the 2011-12 school year. There are 300-400 students on the waiting list that want housing but have not receive any.

mtmedlin

Houston.

Texas immigrant.

I, however, live north of Indy in an area called Geist.

Just curious, since you are from B-town. Do you say "acrosst", for "across"? "I seen?", for "I saw?" "I had went", instead of "I went to".

I always had this typical Texas belief that everyone thought we were hicks, I am still shocked how hillbilly Indiana can be. Must be the proximity to Kentucky.

I've got to say, however, summer here sure does beat the crap out of hot and humid.

Actually no, I dont. I grew up in a little town called Martinsville, which is very hick but my mother is an English teacher (grauated from IU) and saved me from being too bad. Then again, my english is typical of a Social Science teacher. Acceptable but far from anything to brag about.
btw...I've been to the Geist area. My buddy Josh lives in Fishers which is pretty close.

and yes, summer is much better there...then again, summer anywhere is better then Central Florida!