• The KillerFrogs

TCU opens at +6.5

NewFrogFan

I'm sure Venables will make adjustments to counter the running game after seeing how bad it hurt OU in their last game. Another way to look at it is they had 11 penalties, their quarterback overthrew two wide-open receivers for what would have been two TDs, their defense played as bad as it could and they only lost by seven. One thing I was very surprised with is that OU was able to run for over 200 yards on KSU's defense. I think KSU is a top 3 team in the conference, so it wasn't the worst loss ever. Venables is too good of a defensive coach to not make some adjustments. How effective they will be, I don't know. One thing we all know is that for the last several years OU has lost a game early and then proceeded to go on and have a great season. I'm highly skeptical of the defenses' ability to get stops against OU's offense. That and OU has had TCU's number since 2008. What really stood out to me about that game was that KSU didn't necessarily stop OU's offense, instead they stopped themselves with all the pre-snap penalties they got. There were four or five drives where OU was marching and then they would get a pre-snap penalty that would kill each drive. They had 550 yards of offense and 34 points even with all the penalties.
Feel free to edit your post.