• The KillerFrogs

TCU Men's Tennis 2022-23

Longfrog

What was the count, did we sweep
It was a legit 4-0. Singles sets were 8-2 Frogs, but all our sets were won in 10 games or fewer. There was a bagel and a couple of 6-1's in the mix. The two sets we lost were both in tiebreaks. The whole thing was done in under 2 hours, which is lightning fast for a college dual.

froggy

It was a legit 4-0. Singles sets were 8-2 Frogs, but all our sets were won in 10 games or fewer. There was a bagel and a couple of 6-1's in the mix. The two sets we lost were both in tiebreaks. The whole thing was done in under 2 hours, which is lightning fast for a college dual.
Wow pretty much a beating

FrogUltimate

Checks out
Roster is just stupid loaded with him. And I’ve probably been undervaluing Gorzny. I had previously said we have four guys who are top-end #2s, but we may actually have five guys who could play #2 for virtually any team in the country. The lineup is ridiculous. We got guys on the bench who would play #3 or #4 singles for top 10 teams.

Longfrog

Roster is just stupid loaded with him. And I’ve probably been undervaluing Gorzny. I had previously said we have four guys who are top-end #2s, but we may actually have five guys who could play #2 for virtually any team in the country. The lineup is ridiculous. We got guys on the bench who would play #3 or #4 singles for top 10 teams.
The lineup already looked really good on paper, then you have 2 guys who are playing beyond what I would have expected in Fearnley and Gorzny. Fearnley is a legit #1. We'll see if there's a dip when things move outdoors, but right now he looks capable of taking a point against anyone in the country. The singles lineup is really good, but it's pairing it with our doubles that makes us the best team in the country. On any given day, you can get 2 points against us in singles, maybe 3. But there's no way you're getting 4 and we haven't dropped a doubles point all year.

FrogUltimate

Also - this is a great example of finding one big name guy, Norrie, and then leveraging that pipeline. Gray and now JPJ

Also - you think people/recruits notice Norrie’s coaching box full of TCU apparel? Hell yeah they do.

Little bit of luck with how good Norrie has been and him choosing Lugones as coach, but also really good job taking advantage

Longfrog

Also - this is a great example of finding one big name guy, Norrie, and then leveraging that pipeline. Gray and now JPJ

Also - you think people/recruits notice Norrie’s coaching box full of TCU apparel? Hell yeah they do.

Little bit of luck with how good Norrie has been and him choosing Lugones as coach, but also really good job taking advantage
If there's one thing I've learned from the Cracked Racquets guys, it's that Devin Bowen has immense respect in the tennis world. According to them, TCU's reputation is that it's a pro factory. You go there to get tutored by Bowen and trained to be a professional. The Frogs care about Ws and Ls for sure, but the priority is preparing you to play at the next level. Having Norrie/Lugones out there gives a ton of legitimacy to that narrative.

FrogUltimate

If there's one thing I've learned from the Cracked Racquets guys, it's that Devin Bowen has immense respect in the tennis world. According to them, TCU's reputation is that it's a pro factory. You go there to get tutored by Bowen and trained to be a professional. The Frogs care about Ws and Ls for sure, but the priority is preparing you to play at the next level. Having Norrie/Lugones out there gives a ton of legitimacy to that narrative.
Really wishes Rybakov would have cracked top 200 but just not working out. I think Gray could get top 200 but he’s not that interested in playing a full schedule it seems like

Longfrog

Gray wins 4 & 4 in the Rome (Georgia) Challenger vs Galarneau. He'll face a qualifier-to-be-determined in round 2. Norrie is the 2nd seed in Rio and faces a lucky loser this afternoon.

Longfrog

TCU #1 with a pretty good gap below. Last year our run to the indoor title carried us to a #1 seed at NCAAs. Hopefully that happens this year, but I think we may need to a little more in the regular season. Last year's draw at indoors was brutal, but it meant we bagged a bunch of wins against top teams. I'm sure the UT and UK wins will still look decent by year end, but the Baylor win doesn't do much and UGA may or may not.

Latest posts