• The KillerFrogs

TCU Men's Tennis 2021-2022

Purp

You just have faster internet.
Maybe this 2nd break will help him get it turned around. This may be the dumbest thing I've ever seen that they took a break to one the roof and didn't actually close the roof. Now they're having to spend e times as long drying the court. Hope it benefits Cam.

FrogUltimate

Maybe this 2nd break will help him get it turned around. This may be the dumbest thing I've ever seen that they took a break to one the roof and didn't actually close the roof. Now they're having to spend e times as long drying the court. Hope it benefits Cam.
Can’t hurt. He wasn’t winning this match going on like this

Purp

Tiafoe over Nadal in 4 sets is a surprise. Tiafoe looked really impressive. Nadal couldn't serve today, but Tiafoe returned so well today I'm not sure that's why he lost. Kyrgios now has a clearer path to the final, but I'd love to see the Tiafoe who just upset Nadal play Kyrgios in top form. That would be a hell of a match.

FrogUltimate

US Open is all over the place. Sinner and Alcaraz barely got by guys I thought they should crush.
So the quarters are:
Kyrgios vs Khachanov - if Kyrgios plays anything like he did against Meddy, he'll win in three or four.
Ruud vs Berrettini - Ruud won today as predicted, into the semis.
Alcaraz vs Sinner - probably the two best players left in the draw. This is a toss up unless Sinner serves like he did last match (terribly - 46% first serve % and 14 doubles).
Rublev vs Tiafoe - I like Rublev here but Tiafoe is playing remarkably.

At this point probably like Kyrgios vs Alacaraz in the finals. Believe we are guaranteed to have a first time grand slam champ in any situation. Honestly it's wide open. Kyrgios is unbeatable if he plays like he did against Meddy, he has a higher top gear than anyone left. But Ruud is no slouch and playing really well, Alcaraz is the next #1, Sinner is a almost sure fire multiple GS winner, Rublev is solid and playing his best tennis and Tiafoe is the wildcard.

FrogUltimate

WTA announced that the year-end tournament will be played in Fort Worth at Dickies Arena. They had a multi-year contract to play in China, but due to "issues" they needed a one-year replacement. Somehow Fort Worth won the bid. Doesn't make sense to me to be honest, but freaking awesome. I'm going to try and make it up to FW I think. Already a bunch of people complaining about the location pick....

Purp

US Open is all over the place. Sinner and Alcaraz barely got by guys I thought they should crush.
So the quarters are:
Kyrgios vs Khachanov - if Kyrgios plays anything like he did against Meddy, he'll win in three or four.
Ruud vs Berrettini - Ruud won today as predicted, into the semis.
Alcaraz vs Sinner - probably the two best players left in the draw. This is a toss up unless Sinner serves like he did last match (terribly - 46% first serve % and 14 doubles).
Rublev vs Tiafoe - I like Rublev here but Tiafoe is playing remarkably.

At this point probably like Kyrgios vs Alacaraz in the finals. Believe we are guaranteed to have a first time grand slam champ in any situation. Honestly it's wide open. Kyrgios is unbeatable if he plays like he did against Meddy, he has a higher top gear than anyone left. But Ruud is no slouch and playing really well, Alcaraz is the next #1, Sinner is a almost sure fire multiple GS winner, Rublev is solid and playing his best tennis and Tiafoe is the wildcard.
Kyrgios is down 2 sets to 1 and on serve in the 4th. Both players have broken once in the 4th. Kyrgios should have broken and won in the 3rd set. When he didn't he melted down. He's such a head case. Supreme waste of talent.

FrogUltimate

Kyrgios is down 2 sets to 1 and on serve in the 4th. Both players have broken once in the 4th. Kyrgios should have broken and won in the 3rd set. When he didn't he melted down. He's such a head case. Supreme waste of talent.
Yeh he went full Kyrgios in that 3rd set. Ended up coming back and winning 4th and losing in the 5th. Definitely a better performance than is typical of him, but he would of won the title if he kept up his play from Medvedev match. Really crafty return strategy by Khachanov by chipping virtually every first serve forehand return.

So your top half semi is Khachanov vs Ruud. Very much like Ruud to get to a final here.

Huge match tonight in Alcaraz vs Sinner.

FrogUltimate

This Tiafoe Rublev match has been one of the most boring big time matches I've watched in a while. Neither guy can really get close to the other serve. The first two sets each went to tiebreakers, Tiafoe won both. We are now mid-way through 3rd set. In all those games (29 so far), there have been a total of five break point opportunities, of which the server has won them all. And you'd think the serving stats would be out of this world, but they're not. Rublev at 55% first serve, and Tiafoe at 51%. Tons of second serves and a lot of poor returns. Not great tennis in my opinion.

FrogUltimate

And we've got a break! Tiafoe breaks Rublev on a sitter from Rublev that he misses. Norrie would have had a much better chance if Rublev had played like this.