• The KillerFrogs

TCU KU Basketball - CBS

tetonfrog

I guess it is because I live in Denver? Watched the first 39 minutes on CBS & they cut to the UNLV-SDSU game with a minute left.

More pissed about that than us losing.

Limey Frog

And if it is a close call you don’t call a flagrant. It could have just as well been called incidental and play on. If Dickinson doesn’t go through with the theatrics, the whistle most likely would not have been blown. Dickinson created the optics.
Yeah, even if they call a regular foul we get the ball back. That was a four point swing. Total screw job.

Dr.HFroog

6 point swing on the flagrant. Call a normal foul with an errant elbow - Ok - but the flagrant is straight ref ball. we got dick(ed) over by refs in Lawrence even though Dick is gone to the nba
At the time the play happened the refs did not even blow the whistle to call a foul. They let the Frogs play on but stopped the play when they saw Dickinson on the floor despite the Frogs going for a fast break. Dickinson's position was not in jeopardy and the play should not have been stopped! Then for some reason (? Self lobbying?) they began to go to the replay and not only called the foul but in order to award Kansas the ball after the free throws made it a flagrant foul when clearly it was an inadvertent elbow and not intentional. Worst officiating call against the Frogs since the phantom David Rivers block call of 1984 in Charlotte.

zfrawg

Yeah, even if they call a regular foul we get the ball back. That was a four point swing. Total screw job.
Could be wrong but I don't think they could call a common foul on the review bc it wasn't called in the game. They could only issue a flagrant. I could have lived with it had they called it in the moment, but the review was garbage. He made a great read for the steal.

Preceded by a bad jump ball, followed by a push off and travel for the winning shot... SMH.

Froggy Style

Occurred with 8:33 left in the game. If you want to go back that far a lot of things didn't help
Refs were calling a foul every time down for Kansas to make sure they were in the game. Didn't matter whether we made a few more shots, they were ensured to be within a basket at the end.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
At the time the play happened the refs did not even blow the whistle to call a foul. They let the Frogs play on but stopped the play when they saw Dickinson on the floor despite the Frogs going for a fast break. Dickinson's position was not in jeopardy and the play should not have been stopped! Then for some reason (? Self lobbying?) they began to go to the replay and not only called the foul but in order to award Kansas the ball after the free throws made it a flagrant foul when clearly it was an inadvertent elbow and not intentional. Worst officiating call against the Frogs since the phantom David Rivers block call of 1984 in Charlotte.

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
Your first sentence captures the entire BS of the situation