• The KillerFrogs

TCU is favored against Baylor - LOLOLOLOL

Casey T

This seems like the one game left where our players can get fired up enough to overcome the [ Finebaum ] coaching effort and pull out a w. After this one though...

Eight

A year we beat Baylor and UT is a success, even if we do end up 3-6 and another bowl-less year...

don't understand the logic of this when you call for the firing of gary and at times i feel as if gary knows if he wins the right games, wins enough, and the players don't get out of control he can do what he wants behind his purple curtain as long as he wants to be the hc

steelfrog

Tier 1
don't understand the logic of this when you call for the firing of gary and at times i feel as if gary knows if he wins the right games, wins enough, and the players don't get out of control he can do what he wants behind his purple curtain as long as he wants to be the hc
You're prolly right.

Steel is conflicted. Steel was "raised" on a TCU that was a lovable loser. From that standpoint, beating UT and winning a few games is a good year.

Since Gary's arrival, losing or .500 records are unacceptable. We went from many consecutive bowl-less years to bowls every year.

The question appears to be, since Gary is largely responsible for building TCU into what it became (but is no more), does HE get to decide how and when he goes? Even if he drags TCU back into the gutter along the way?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Almost feel sorry for them if they are worse than us. Plus they have us at home and we are favored early? Wow

Last edited:

Eight

Maybe it'll be like 2016

don't see a 40 point win, but i do think this is very winnable for tcu if offensively they shelve the [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] trick plays, focus on what they can consistently execute, and they have to fix some holes in the defensive front against the run

not going crazy and asking for a fix in run game defense and pass rush

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
...if offensively they shelve the [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] trick plays
That right there would cause great celebration. Nothing but drive-killers. Momentum killers. Chicken-Fried death. With Cheese Sauce.

I did note that the straight-ahead mesh gave Max a couple more seconds in the pocket, as opposed to the dopey jet sweep meshes that didn't fool anybody. They do respect the run, and we saw some success there.

Who am I kidding. It worked. Therefore, we'll never see it again.