• The KillerFrogs

TCU Golf 2022-2023

JogginFrog

Ravetto birdies the 18th again in the playoff, but Pineau eagles to win. David's T2 finish is his best ever on the Challenge Tour; he moves from 72nd to 43rd on the Order of Merit.

Ko gets his 4th top-10 in his last six starts. He's 34th on the OoM but playing as well as anyone on that tour. Congrats to them both.

JogginFrog

TCU men and women both in action this weekend.

Men will be in Albuquerque on Friday and Saturday for the William Tucker--not named after TCU's former chancellor. Their lineup has been posted on Golfstat--it'll be Frimodt, Laussot, Oleson, Massey and Ethan Dial, who slots into the Frogs' starting lineup for the first time.

Women open their season in Norman at the Sooner Schooner, Saturday through Monday. They have also posted their lineup: Lau, Macnab, Sá, Nguyen and Cattaneo.

Go Frogs!

JogginFrog

Though 6 holes, Frogs are middle of the pack. Laussot is co-leader at -3; TCU is also the early leader in double-bogeys (3).

When I see doubles early, I envision reloads on tee shots. No way to know without being on site, but if that's the case, I consider it a game-management issue that is largely avoidable/correctable. Guys need to have a shot that takes one side out of play--or else have the discipline to lay back.

I carry an offset 3-metal with one job: to keep me in play when there's trouble right.

JogginFrog

Paul Barjon has had a disappointing first season on the PGA Tour. But he's having a great week thus far in a rare European Tour start--solo second at the halfway mark of his national Open de France. He'll look to lose the gap to Rasmus Hojgaard, who is 6 shots clear. Julien Brun is T22, as is Johannes Veerman.

JogginFrog

TCU men are in third place going into the final round of the William H. Tucker tournament in Albuquerque.

Aymeric Laussot was in first place most of the day following a career-best opening 65. Back-to-back bogeys to end round 2 dropped him to T2, but he'll have a shot at a trophy today. So will the Frogs as a team--they will have to overcome a 7-shot deficit to San Diego State and a 2-shot gap to host New Mexico, which shot the low round of the tournament in round 2.

This is a weak-field event scheduled to get TCU on the right side of .500 early in the season. While the Frogs were expected to be among the top six teams, failing to score in such events last year was the biggest reason TCU failed to make the NCAAs.

Shout out to Ethan Dial, who posted counting scores in both rounds, including a career-best 69 in round 2.

JogginFrog

Outside of Paris, Barjon finishes round 3 in a tie for third, 2 shots back of Hojgaard.

On the Swiss border, Ko finishes round 3 with a 1-shot lead. Ten others are within 4 shots, including Alexander Knappe.

JogginFrog

TCU men still in 3rd in Albuquerque, but it hasn't been a good day. Five more doubles on the TCU card before the turn. Frogs are as close to 7th now as they are to 2nd. They need to turn it around fast.

JogginFrog

TCU men finish 4th in New Mexico behind 3 Mountain West teams. Accomplished the goal of flipping the record (0-7 going in, 15-10 coming out), so mission accomplished...but middle-of-the-road Mountain West team isn't the standard we're shooting for.

Laussot finished T7; Frimodt T10. Congrats to both for top-10 finishes.

Women are 12th in Norman. Course was set up for scoring; 69-69-71-71 usually nets you a better placing. Scores are tightly distributed, so no need to panic--TCU is just 5 shots out of 5th. Second round (of 3) tomorrow.

JogginFrog

Barjon finishes T3 and as low-Frenchman at the Open de France. A win would have given him full status next year on the DP World Tour, but he'll at least get another crack next week. Good to see him play well after a long dry spell. Brun finishes T13.

In the Swiss Challenge, Ko finishes solo 2nd. He moves from 34th to 17th on the Order of Merit--if he gets inside the top 15 by season's end, he will earn promotion to the top Euro circuit. Knappe finishes T8, Ravetto T13.

That's 5 former Frogs with top-15 finishes on European tours this weekend.

Pharm Frog

I know this is about TCU golf but I hope I’m about to witness a colossal collapse by the Americans in the Presidents Cup at Quail Hollow. Then…see what they decide to do with the Ryder Cup. Still think the US wins this thing but would be fun to see them in a tie.