“Lots”
They have six 4-star transfers now.
By comparison, we had two 4-star transfers
In 2022, we signed four 4-star
In 2021, we signed three

Colorado has brought in a lot of talent imo

change my drinking early to huffing early in the day

82 Frog Fever

This is a great game to bet on Colorado to cover.

Their team isn’t the Colorado we know. Deion has created an entirely new team which can’t be a bad thing after seeing CU last year.

Our 2022 team is gone. We have lost the most starters in a single year that I can recall. Many of our projected starters on O are transfers, just like Colorado. We do have more players with 1 year of experience with our coach.

We better win this game, but could our first game as a group be sloppy? I think we can win by 14 and be happy here. If TCU blows out CU, I’ll be excited enough to not care about the lost $. If it is close, the $ will cloud my anxiety about the season.
Colorado could go 5-7 with that schedule. Wins against CSU, Husker, beaver, WSU, and Arizona.
Colorado updated its 2023 football roster 2 weeks ago.
The revised roster lists 76 players: 12 returning scholarship players, 21 incoming transfers, 17 new freshmen and 26 walk-ons. Not listed are 17 more transfers who have only verbally committed.
Among those dozen scholarship players who played for Colorado in 2022, there’s not one quarterback, wide receiver, defensive lineman or cornerback.

CU has -0- depth. They’ll be lucky to beat anyone.

McFroggin

Colorado updated its 2023 football roster 2 weeks ago.
The revised roster lists 76 players: 12 returning scholarship players, 21 incoming transfers, 17 new freshmen and 26 walk-ons. Not listed are 17 more transfers who have only verbally committed.
Among those dozen scholarship players who played for Colorado in 2022, there’s not one quarterback, wide receiver, defensive lineman or cornerback.

CU has -0- depth. They’ll be lucky to beat anyone.

You realize Deion is using the same QB (his son) that he has been using in the same offense with 1 of his favorite offensive WR’s. Deion did not want any QB from CU staying. He wants it to be clear that his son is the man. No one can be perceived to be alternates if his son struggles adjusting.

Deion is also bringing his top CB (former #1 recruit) and has the #1 incoming CB in the nation as well. They were told they would be “the” guys.

While the depth after the starters is shallow, this is partially by design. While Deion wants to succeed, he is also setting things up for his son to succeed.

With the players coming on board being much better than CU has seen in years, I think CU could make some noise in the Pac12 this year. By noise, I mean solid middle of the Pac12. Pac12 isn’t elite ya know.

ticketfrog123

You realize Deion is using the same QB (his son) that he has been using in the same offense with 1 of his favorite offensive WR’s. Deion did not want any QB from CU staying. He wants it to be clear that his son is the man. No one can be perceived to be alternates if his son struggles adjusting.

Deion is also bringing his top CB (former #1 recruit) and has the #1 incoming CB in the nation as well. They were told they would be “the” guys.

While the depth after the starters is shallow, this is partially by design. While Deion wants to succeed, he is also setting things up for his son to succeed.

With the players coming on board being much better than CU has seen in years, I think CU could make some noise in the Pac12 this year. By noise, I mean solid middle of the Pac12. Pac12 isn’t elite ya know.
I say some crazy stuff but this is off the charts

They are down 10-15 scholarship players vs. other teams and are mostly freshman / low G5 transfers

Only noise they’ll be making is combustion and self destruction.

82 Frog Fever

I say some crazy stuff but this is off the charts

They are down 10-15 scholarship players vs. other teams and are mostly freshman / low G5 transfers

Only noise they’ll be making is combustion and self destruction.
….but but but the shallow depth “is partially by design”. Bwaaaahahahaha

ticketfrog123

I did start early today for memorial

I hope everyone realizes this isn’t CU from last year.

They had 19 4-star sign when you combine HS recruiting plus transfer. To put in perspective, we had 7 last year.

That’s great except when you realize all those “4 star guys” weren’t on the 3-deep at whatever school they came from.

Alabama transfer only played special teams and has 8 tackles in 3 years.

And they’re all WR / CB. So their OL / DL is backup guys from Bowling Green or WKU

Endless Purple

As far as I can tell, Sanders has zero concern for the athletes, and only for what he thinks will make a splash. He took a school and the students that committed to it, then told them all to take a hike and their commitment did not matter. Then he brought in basically a bunch of mercenaries - players that were not cutting it at their previous school or came for the money.

I am expect 3-4 wins for them, and worse in year 2.

Opening day could get ugly in the second half for Colorado. I think the first half gets off to a slow start for both teams.

Eight

At the 2005 TCU vs OU game.

no, does that change the fact the frogs defense was 10 seniors and a junior, among which were a pretty decent pair of ends and linebackers?

would my not being there change that on the offensive side you again had multiple players who had been in the tcu system for multiple seasons and it wasn't a group of players, especially in the lines who hadn't played a real game together

NewFrogFan

no, does that change the fact the frogs defense was 10 seniors and a junior, among which were a pretty decent pair of ends and linebackers?

would my not being there change that on the offensive side you again had multiple players who had been in the tcu system for multiple seasons and it wasn't a group of players, especially in the lines who hadn't played a real game together

There were not 10 seniors starting on defense that day. In fact a freshman made one of the biggest plays of the game very early. TCU was a decided under dog to a team that had just played for the NC and had been stomped but yet was still favored. If you were not there then there is no way you can understand the feeling on the field and in the locker room of my sons senior team.

I think I am more than tired of you, bye.

McFroggin

As far as I can tell, Sanders has zero concern for the athletes, and only for what he thinks will make a splash. He took a school and the students that committed to it, then told them all to take a hike and their commitment did not matter. Then he brought in basically a bunch of mercenaries - players that were not cutting it at their previous school or came for the money.

I am expect 3-4 wins for them, and worse in year 2.

Opening day could get ugly in the second half for Colorado. I think the first half gets off to a slow start for both teams.

When you win 1 game last year, 4 wins would be successful. He will spin it as 4x as many wins as his predecessor and recruit that it’ll be 2-3x as many wins next year. More recruits will follow. My prediction is that kids will buy it for a few years. It’ll take time for his hype to be ignored.

06DallasFrog

I think it's funny that a new coach, at a less talented program, that beat us easily multiple years becomes our coach and goes on one of the most epic runs in college football history... But, that could never happen somewhere else. We were 50-50 on a lot of wins last season, and we lost a ton of talent. Coaching may overcome all of it, but we have no reason to be cocky.

Eight

There were not 10 seniors starting on defense that day. In fact a freshman made one of the biggest plays of the game very early. TCU was a decided under dog to a team that had just played for the NC and had been stomped but yet was still favored. If you were not there then there is no way you can understand the feeling on the field and in the locker room of my sons senior team.

I think I am more than tired of you, bye.

confused what point you are trying to make because you said the makeup of the team doesn't matter and then acknowledged that was a senior laden team

CountryFrog

I did start early today for memorial

I hope everyone realizes this isn’t CU from last year.

They had 19 4-star sign when you combine HS recruiting plus transfer. To put in perspective, we had 7 last year.

Did TCU also have to bring in a completely new roster or are those new players simply additions to a still largely entact roster?

Also I'm not sure where you're getting that number for TCU. By my count the Frogs brought in 11 4 stars this offseason according to 247. And if you're including transfers who were "former" 4 or 5 stars coming out of HS then that number goes up to 14.