• The KillerFrogs

TCU favored by 21 over CU

NewFrogFan

This game scares me. Film on a team w over 50% new players and coaching staff?

I hope it isn’t a TCU at Oklahoma 2005 type deal.

Eight

Its the situation not the team. OU was coming off their own azz kicking for the NC, 1st game, at home against a team they knew little about and certainly overlooked.

the team matters, how many of the frog starters were returners, how many had been in the tcu program 3+ years, gary's defense was unique, and if ou didn't know tcu that was there own damn fault

McFroggin

This is a great game to bet on Colorado to cover.

Their team isn’t the Colorado we know. Deion has created an entirely new team which can’t be a bad thing after seeing CU last year.

Our 2022 team is gone. We have lost the most starters in a single year that I can recall. Many of our projected starters on O are transfers, just like Colorado. We do have more players with 1 year of experience with our coach.

We better win this game, but could our first game as a group be sloppy? I think we can win by 14 and be happy here. If TCU blows out CU, I’ll be excited enough to not care about the lost $. If it is close, the $ will cloud my anxiety about the season.

Eight

Their team isn’t the Colorado we know. Deion has created an entirely new team which can’t be a bad thing after seeing CU last year.

Our 2022 team is gone. We have lost the most starters in a single year that I can recall. Many of our projected starters on O are transfers, just like Colorado. We do have more players with 1 year of experience with our coach.

We better win this game, but could our first game as a group be sloppy? I think we can win by 14 and be happy here. If TCU blows out CU, I’ll be excited enough to not care about the lost $. If it is close, the $ will cloud my anxiety about the season.

define many in regards to those projected starters are transfers

Eight

Other than QB, the majority of our offensive production could be transfers. If CM goes down again, another transfer could make this 90%+ of all offensive production.

possibly, sanders and bailey look to split snaps at running back, wiley returns at tight end , don't see savion taking q's place in the offense, waiting to see how cordale fits in, and jpr does appear to be the guy who is ready to become the center piece of the offense

agree there are questions on the offense and the big one still is at center, but i find it interesting posters on this site somehow believe sanders can meld a team of 3/4's transfers together, even with the attrition among his transfers, and the frogs can't add 4-5 guys to a lineup

82 Frog Fever

possibly, sanders and bailey look to split snaps at running back, wiley returns at tight end , don't see savion taking q's place in the offense, waiting to see how cordale fits in, and jpr does appear to be the guy who is ready to become the center piece of the offense

agree there are questions on the offense and the big one still is at center, but i find it interesting posters on this site somehow believe sanders can meld a team of 3/4's transfers together, even with the attrition among his transfers, and the frogs can't add 4-5 guys to a lineup
Do you know of any additional possibilities at center besides Lanz/Dotson?
It feels like both centers & guards are thin.

Eight

Do you know of any additional possibilities at center besides Lanz/Dotson?
It feels like both centers & guards are thin.

agree this is the biggest area of concern and intrigue on the offense

especially with bolticoff transferring out, that leaves hayes and the jsu transfer at guards if lanz stays at center

unless, ricker mentioned during the spring when nichols returned sliding coleman inside which i think would better suit coleman and nichols might do a better job in pass pro

still would leave the frogs a bit thin in their oline depth, but it would stabilize the first group

PurpleBlood87

I’m not a pro or anti-Deion guy and I have no idea if he will succeed or not at CU, just giving the argument for why people think it will work. I wouldn’t be shocked if he’s successful at all though. That being said, I think 4-8 would be a hugely successful 2023 season for them.

As for him being committed to this, he seems all in to me.

I’m not worried about this game from a TCU standpoint.

That's a hard four games to win. Going to have to beat both Arizona schools and Colorado State.
Then find a win out of
at TCU
Nebraska
USC
Stanford
At UCLA
Oregon State
At Washingotn State
At Utah

Goo

Good post. They’re going to be pumped. I sense a lot of overconfidence from others on here. Remember when we were overconfident against SMU and it was their Superbowl, didn’t go well. I would love to beat them by more than 21 but the game seems very dangerous to me. They’ve got nothing to lose, tons of talent, and we have lots of new players in first game.

Goo

we define the word "lots" differently and do two things

first, make sure you subtract all those players who finished their eligibility, transferred out , and/or quit

second, go look at the roster on their actual website. while you are there count things like the offensive and defensive linemen. then consider we are almost to june and they still have a number of roster spots to fill with now only weeks before fall camp
“Lots”
They have six 4-star transfers now.
By comparison, we had two 4-star transfers
In 2022, we signed four 4-star
In 2021, we signed three

Colorado has brought in a lot of talent imo

Eight

Good post. They’re going to be pumped. I sense a lot of overconfidence from others on here. Remember when we were overconfident against SMU and it was their Superbowl, didn’t go well. I would love to beat them by more than 21 but the game seems very dangerous to me. They’ve got nothing to lose, tons of talent, and we have lots of new players in first game.

tons of talent? starting drinking early today.....