• The KillerFrogs

TCU - Christian Univeristy?

Limp Lizard

I guess we could avoid confusion in two ways.

1. Texas Christian University becomes Texas DOC University (TDU?).

2. "Horned Frogs" are called (correctly) "Horned Lizards."

But I don't look for either soon. Best thing is to keep educating the ignorant public.

jenschkec

This may have been posted but here it is anyway:

1. The only thing "Christian" that is required by TCU is the 1 religion class you must take (and it is world religion or study of the bible)

2. The C in TCU stands for Construction

allclearforfrogs

This!

Also, this website is provided by Christian owners. We are tolerant of different opinions. However, in no way will we allow mockery of Jesus Christ.

John 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Will you allow the mockery of other religions?

allclearforfrogs

That story got blown WAY out of proportion and the fallout from it led to the dissolution of all the Living-Learning Communities. There was a lot of support on campus for that plan and I applaud the university for recognizing that TCU has a rather large LGBT population and trying to include them rather than ignore them.

This

Scott

"KillerFrogs.com....your source for TCU SPORTS"
That story got blown WAY out of proportion and the fallout from it led to the dissolution of all the Living-Learning Communities. There was a lot of support on campus for that plan and I applaud the university for recognizing that TCU has a rather large LGBT population and trying to include them rather than ignore them.

Yes it got blown WAY out of proportion, but not in the way you think. It was an embarrassment to TCU. In no way was the University trying to "recognize" the LGBT population. They were trying to contain the media situation being led by one particular trouble making LGBT student.

hornedfrog86

The Disciples of Christ were thinkers, not fundamentalists. TCU is a University, not a church, and doesn't indoctrinate like say ACU or Bob Jones University.

jake102

Yes it got blown WAY out of proportion, but not in the way you think. It was an embarrassment to TCU. In no way was the University trying to "recognize" the LGBT population. They were trying to contain the media situation being led by one particular trouble making LGBT student.

I'm not quite sure why a butch-looking lesbian would come to TCU. Seems a strange choice of school. Kind of like one of my friends freshman year who was a self-proclaimed hippie. I wonder if they did their research before choosing the school.

froginaustin

I'm not quite sure why a butch-looking lesbian would come to TCU. Seems a strange choice of school. Kind of like one of my friends freshman year who was a self-proclaimed hippie. I wonder if they did their research before choosing the school.
The same reason horny heterosexual men do? :laugh:

I have nothing against lesbians. We have at least one interest in common. :rolleyes:

allclearforfrogs

The embarrassment was the reaction from a lot of the people on this site to that whole situation. THAT was the embarrassment.

jake102

The embarrassment was the reaction from a lot of the people on this site to that whole situation. THAT was the embarrassment.

She should have been kicked out of the University. I don't really know what she was upset about, but nobody should ask to get in front of news cameras and make their college look like that.

AEAfrog

I took a World Religion class. It was taught by a Muslim black woman from Africa. We talked about Christianity for about two days. If anything, I've learned more about Islam in my four years at TCU than Christianity.

I don't really have a problem with that. World Religions is supposed to broaden your knowledge of that subject. It doesn't serve that purpose if you spend an extensive amount of time on a subject that most in the room are already familiar with.

PurplePutt

Nobody should have to be ashamed or defend being Christian or attending a school with Christian in it's name whether it is hard core Christian or not.

I would do the Christian thing and tell your friends to screw off or face the right hand of God! :biggrin:

Seriously though, our country has some serious problems.