• The KillerFrogs

TCU Baseball 13-2 in last 15 games

leofrog

Ok you are doing it again. It's reasonable for anyone to see that 2 hits is not good. Thats batting basically .070 as a team if that. Yes we have won games like that during this run twice (2-0 in 1 run games). Luckily it hasn't happened much, alot of it has to do with coats hard hitting paying off finally, featherston consistently hitting, and newbies like zac jordan exploding. Not to mention fantastic pitching from starters to clutch bullpen.

In the past you definitely wouldn't voice your concerns but instead would insult someone if they complained about the 2 strike bunts, sac bunting in non-traditional situations, aggressive hitting on pitchers with bad control etc. Shockingly after going 10-7 other than being aggressive on pitchers with control problems the coach has pretty much stopped all of the other things. Even the players have worked the count more (at least 3 out of the starting 9 in the lineup)

And we now have went 19-4, so apparently the coach realized the changes that needed to be made. You made comments to closer to a dozen posters than 3 and plenty made it to known to you. You have stopped for the most part, hopefully it stays that way.

Questioning the coach is part of this board, especially with not so good play early on in the season and he since has corrected it with the necessary changes. He made plenty of good calls too including a not so favorable one with Miller moving to starter. He is an awesome coach we all know that, however 7 losses with a bad schedule in the first 17 games going 0-7 in 1 run games is deserving of people questioning his decisions. 19-4 with 2-0 in 1 run losses is a lot better and little questions will be asked when you do that good.
Again, you are distorting the facts. The coach has still implemented the same strategy that he was at the start of the season, the biggest thing is that we are now executing those plays.

I know you weren't a math major, since you cannot count, because it was only 3.

And, I don't attack or get negative towards posters, unless it is necessary. You, for one, was one of the most negative, and also distorted facts, which I pointed out and you didn't like. Don't get mad at me if you blatantly mix facts with your opinions.

And, I am still on here a lot, there just hasn't been many things to post about, either positive or negative.

cdsfrog

Again, you are distorting the facts. The coach has still implemented the same strategy that he was at the start of the season, the biggest thing is that we are now executing those plays.

I know you weren't a math major, since you cannot count, because it was only 3.

And, I don't attack or get negative towards posters, unless it is necessary. You, for one, was one of the most negative, and also distorted facts, which I pointed out and you didn't like. Don't get mad at me if you blatantly mix facts with your opinions.

And, I am still on here a lot, there just hasn't been many things to post about, either positive or negative.

There were 3 you constantly said negative things, others were 1 or 2 comment which you jumped on. The coaching strategy is not the same apparently you don't watch the games much. Zero 2 strike bunts, at least 75% less sac bunt attempts, less aggressive base running, more patience at the plate including 3-1 counts etc. In my opinion I was too negative was the coaching strategy and players, while you were too negative towards posters. Both have stopped other than you insulting me in this thread. Let's try to keep it that way. Have a good one

Well dang. I guess all the crybabies have dried their tears! No crying about how "bad" our team is anymore. All good stuff now.

Just like I said would happen.

I told the naysayers to shut up and wait for the season to play out. I told them that the close games would start going our way. I told them that this is a very good team.

The crow is being served.

j/k

cdsfrog

Still at point where we need to do back to back 13-2 runs to possibly host a regional. That's what a 4-4 start and 10-7 record early on does to you.

That being said if we do finish off with another 13-2 run and win the MWC tourney, I think we will better off than had we had a worse record down the stretch and started out awesome. Until we host a regional there is no crow to eat, that was the frustration for a team ranked #1 in the country at the start of the season.

leofrog

Well dang. I guess all the crybabies have dried their tears! No crying about how "bad" our team is anymore. All good stuff now.

Just like I said would happen.

I told the naysayers to shut up and wait for the season to play out. I told them that the close games would start going our way. I told them that this is a very good team.

The crow is being served.

j/k
Exactly. And one little whiney [Rod Gilmore] still doesn't get it!!

cdsfrog

Exactly. And one little whiney [Rod Gilmore] still doesn't get it!!

Once again with the name calling. Once again like I just responded to Frognisticator. Because of the 4-4 start and then 10-7 record early on, we have put ourselves in a position where we have to win 13-of 15 to have a chance of hosting a regional. Super regional is out of the question if we go 15-0 and win the MWC tourney. That was early on disappointing for some since the team was voted the best in the country to start the year. Now that coaching changes have occurred that you state don't exist the team is on a great run. Hopefully we finish strong. You can insult me and anyone else all you want. Doesn't make you right

illini_frog

We didn't move up in Baseball America's Top 25, stayed at 11 even though we beat A&M and swept UNLV.

Tough Crowd, I thought we had a VERY impressive week worth at least a 2 or 3 spot jump.

cdsfrog

We didn't move up in Baseball America's Top 25, stayed at 11 even though we beat A&M and swept UNLV.

Tough Crowd, I thought we had a VERY impressive week worth at least a 2 or 3 spot jump.

Ya it's funny early on we didn't play too well but stayed up high. Now a 19-4 run and we barely move up heh

AggieFrog

The A&M win was good, but sweeping UNLV wasn't huge (RPI of 69).

TCU really, really needs to win games against OU / oSu / Baylor and cannot afford to lose any games vs. BYU / Utah / Oral Roberts / New Mexico (all these teams have RPIs well over 100 - any loss to them will hurt badly).