• The KillerFrogs

TCU Baseball 13-2 in last 15 games

jake102

Just thought it was interesting... wish we didn't have that New Mexico loss with Winkler on the mound, but it's looking better.

Sean

Administrator
sCo_hmmthink.gif

cdsfrog

those that have been negative and critical are being more positive for a couple of reasons (self included).

1) TCU is doing awesome and is finding away to win even the close games. They are reaching the potential I thought they had mid season and even with Purke hurt others are stepping up in a big way.

2) Inclusion of posters who have a neutral perspective seeing the side of both arguments negative and positive. Their presence has allowed me to see that I was way too negative and not commenting enough of on the positive elements of the program. (Pharmfrog, houstonfrog and a few others stand out)

3) Exclusion of those notorious for bagging on others when they are even remotely negative or disagree with even 1 of coaches decision, 1 in particular which has made just about everyone on the board argue a lot less

No idea how the season will end and if we will get a regional #1 seed or not. I think it's definitely possible if we go 14-2 which I think we definitely can do. Maybe even lose a couple more if win the MWC tourney. Need to beat OU at home and a few other things need to happen but either way I am excited to see the team as a whole gearing up towards the end of the season.

#1 seed or not I feel very confident about the team, top to bottom.

Sangria Wine

cds, glad I could help by not posting if that was aimed at me. Btw, I never bagged anyone for disagreeing with a single coaches decision or stand alone call. I got sick of the whimpering about our general strategy (small ball) and the argument that our pitching was somehow not doing well enough to excell in the post season. My premise all this season has been to have patience, believe in the talent we have on the roster and let it all work itself out. I hate to say I told you so but my opinion about the matter is shaping up pretty good so far...and that's with Purke nowhere near 100%. I'm just not one to hit the panic button when my gut says everything is alright.

cdsfrog

cds, glad I could help by not posting if that was aimed at me. Btw, I never bagged anyone for disagreeing with a single coaches decision or stand alone call. I got sick of the whimpering about our general strategy (small ball) and the argument that our pitching was somehow not doing well enough to excell in the post season. My premise all this season has been to have patience, believe in the talent we have on the roster and let it all work itself out. I hate to say I told you so but my opinion about the matter is shaping up pretty good so far...and that's with Purke nowhere near 100%. I'm just not one to hit the panic button when my gut says everything is alright.

definitely not you bud. Your statements prove that. Totally understand if you tired of those being whiny even in general, lord Knows I was one of the worst. I tried to temper it down after 10-7 realizing that my negativity wasn't useful at all posting wise. Didn't hurt that since then we are 19-4.

Many people's frustration is that the frogs sense of urgency that exists now simply didn't in the beginning of the season. 0-7 in 1 run games isn't bad, its damn right awful (during this run 2-0). That being said TCU can secure a #1 seed if they can go 13-2 or better in the next 15. Maybe 1 more loss if they sweep they win the MWC tourney after the reg season.

Definitely do not necessarily think this team is the best in the country (Virgnia is 37-3......yikes that is good) but I think given the right circumstances this team can beat any team in the country.

leofrog

Actually, I think he was aiming that more for me, and I have no problem with it, since some of the negative posts were aimed at certain people.

I totally agree with you Sangria, and that is my philospohy as well. Think positive, and positive things will happen. Two big OOC games this week.

Go Frogs!!

cdsfrog

Leofrog you haven't been negative to me in awhile. But you are right I was referring to you, because I felt like you attacked anyone who made a remotely negatively comment. About 10 different posters. Haven't done it in awhile, then again there isn't much to be negative about. Worst hitting night ever and we get someone still get the win. Maxwell struggles yet he pitches basically a gem 5 innings 1 run.

I am trying to be more positive and if someone decides to be negative for 1 post (hopefully not me but can't promise anything) in any game try not to jump all over them. Makes sense to me that I me and any or negative nellies are more positive and those who critical of that give them so slack it would be a lot less annoying for the rest of the board. I appreciate you not jumping on anyone recently (have been a few negative comments but not many ) and I will do my best to be positive like I was after the OU spanking. Hopefully we return the favor this week

leofrog

Leofrog you haven't been negative to me in awhile. But you are right I was referring to you, because I felt like you attacked anyone who made a remotely negatively comment. About 10 different posters.

Never attacked anyone, and not negative towards anyone, I just call them as I see them. There were 3 specific posters that couldn't say one thing positive for weeks. Two of the three are now more positive, so I guess my "attacking" worked!! And, it was people being negative, it was 1) people personally attacking Miller, and 2) people thinking they know the game more than Schlossnagle.

Haven't done it in awhile, then again there isn't much to be negative about. Worst hitting night ever and we get someone still get the win. Maxwell struggles yet he pitches basically a gem 5 innings 1 run.

So, you always look for the worst first? Yes, a win is a win, and we were losing games like this early in the season when we were the team getting all the hits.

I am trying to be more positive and if someone decides to be negative for 1 post (hopefully not me but can't promise anything) in any game try not to jump all over them. Makes sense to me that I me and any or negative nellies are more positive and those who critical of that give them so slack it would be a lot less annoying for the rest of the board. I appreciate you not jumping on anyone recently (have been a few negative comments but not many ) and I will do my best to be positive like I was after the OU spanking. Hopefully we return the favor this week

You are entitled to your opinion, as I am mine. I have no problem with people voicing their concerns or displeasure about the team, or the way certain players are playing. I do the same. I don't agree with a lot of things that happen, but I have come to learn that is the way things will be. I don't "attack" people unless they deserve it.

cdsfrog

Never attacked anyone, and not negative towards anyone, I just call them as I see them. There were 3 specific posters that couldn't say one thing positive for weeks. Two of the three are now more positive, so I guess my "attacking" worked!! And, it was people being negative, it was 1) people personally attacking Miller, and 2) people thinking they know the game more than Schlossnagle.

So, you always look for the worst first? Yes, a win is a win, and we were losing games like this early in the season when we were the team getting all the hits.

You are entitled to your opinion, as I am mine. I have no problem with people voicing their concerns or displeasure about the team, or the way certain players are playing. I do the same. I don't agree with a lot of things that happen, but I have come to learn that is the way things will be. I don't "attack" people unless they deserve it.

Ok you are doing it again. It's reasonable for anyone to see that 2 hits is not good. Thats batting basically .070 as a team if that. Yes we have won games like that during this run twice (2-0 in 1 run games). Luckily it hasn't happened much, alot of it has to do with coats hard hitting paying off finally, featherston consistently hitting, and newbies like zac jordan exploding. Not to mention fantastic pitching from starters to clutch bullpen.

In the past you definitely wouldn't voice your concerns but instead would insult someone if they complained about the 2 strike bunts, sac bunting in non-traditional situations, aggressive hitting on pitchers with bad control etc. Shockingly after going 10-7 other than being aggressive on pitchers with control problems the coach has pretty much stopped all of the other things. Even the players have worked the count more (at least 3 out of the starting 9 in the lineup)

And we now have went 19-4, so apparently the coach realized the changes that needed to be made. You made comments to closer to a dozen posters than 3 and plenty made it to known to you. You have stopped for the most part, hopefully it stays that way.

Questioning the coach is part of this board, especially with not so good play early on in the season and he since has corrected it with the necessary changes. He made plenty of good calls too including a not so favorable one with Miller moving to starter. He is an awesome coach we all know that, however 7 losses with a bad schedule in the first 17 games going 0-7 in 1 run games is deserving of people questioning his decisions. 19-4 with 2-0 in 1 run losses is a lot better and little questions will be asked when you do that good.