• The KillerFrogs

TCU at DBU baseball game

Pharm Frog

For want of a solid bullpen many games are lost.

Bullpen has not been great but should point out that we've left 10 on through 7 and only given up 7 earned runs to their 6. Only 8 hits and three of those were weak sauce. Yes, we've walked 8 and hit one but they've walked 7 themselves.

PurpleBlood87

Bullpen has not been great but should point out that we've left 10 on through 7 and only given up 7 earned runs to their 6. Only 8 hits and three of those were weak sauce. Yes, we've walked 8 and hit one but they've walked 7 themselves.

Over the season the bullpen has lost more than it has won or preserved leads.

LeagueCityFrog

Tuesday night games used to be where frog fans would see the next emerging frog superstar pitcher for the next year's weekend starting rotation. 2019 season... not so much...

ShreveFrog

It is an atrocious field to play in under the lights but that's no excuse for what just happened with Wolfe or what has happened twice with Oviedo.

What is it with their lights? And why isn't it an excuse for our fielders? Because it sure looks like something's wrong. Like lights too low and the guys lose fly balls in the dark?

Sand Frog

He hit on that a little bit at the Wednesday luncheon. I have to say he was way more optimistic about the team and their chances than I thought he would be after the Tuesday night game.

He never came out and said it, but sort of skirted around it there's no real leader on the team. Every great team or championship team has that leader in the club house that holds the other guys accountable for their mistakes. I thought Janczak would be that guy this year, but that's a tough role when you are hurt and not delivering Janczak of old performances on the mound. Guenther seems to have the attitude of a leader on the field and at the plate. Definitely at this point giving the performance at the plate, but he's made his share of errors in the field and on the bases. Hard to hold teammates accountable when you are having mental mistakes as well.