• The KillerFrogs

TCU at DBU baseball game

flyfishingfrog

thank goodness - glad he said it because it is dumbfounding.

All of these guys got here by being able to throw strikes.

Even Williamson - who is a totally different pitcher than 2 years ago - knows how to throw a strike when he needs it.

I will NEVER understand the mentality - or lack of it maybe - of a reliever that comes in and not only doesn't throw the first pitch as a strike knowing that 90% of the time, the hitter is going to take it to at least see one - but then can't throw a strike in the first four pitches.

To me - the #1 indicator you need to pull a guy is when he can't hit the strike zone on a 3-0 pitch. If at that moment, you can't manage a strike - you have no idea what is coming next either.

I often wonder what exactly are these guys doing in the bullpen? if Schloss had wanted a walk, he could have left the last guy in...

Last edited:

PO Frog

thank goodness - glad he said it because it is dumbfounding.

All of these guys got here by being able to throw strikes.

Even Williamson - who is a totally different pitcher than 2 years ago - knows how to throw a strike when he needs it.

I will NEVER understand the mentality - or lack of it maybe - of a reliever that comes in and not only doesn't throw the first pitch as a strike knowing that 90% of the time, the hitter is going to take it to at least see one - but then can't throw a strike in the first four pitches.

To me - the #1 indicator you need to pull a guy is when he can't hit the strike zone on a 0-3 pitch. If at that moment, you can't manage a strike - you have no idea what is coming next either.

I often wonder what exactly are these guys doing in the bullpen? if Schloss had wanted a walk, he could have left the last guy in...
He would have already struck him out if it were 0-3.

froginmn

To me - the #1 indicator you need to pull a guy is when he can't hit the strike zone on a 0-3 pitch. If at that moment, you can't manage a strike - you have no idea what is coming next either.
PalatableSillyBrocketdeer-size_restricted.gif