• The KillerFrogs

TCU and BigXII basketball tourney

Froggy Style

I do like the switching that this team does on defense. You would think that it would create more mismatches on offense than it does, but most of our players have great length. They do sag on defense from the opposite corner, which might leave open shots on ball reversals, but KSU couldn't hit that shot last night.
Agree, I don't love sagging off of a shooter who can't miss...but I guess that's the defense. Conversely, to our point on Cork's ability to switch, he can actually stay on a guard on a switch, and actually did so last night to get a shot clock violation.

Cork will get punished by some of the larger centers, but hopefully it will balance out.

An-Cap Frog

Agree, I don't love sagging off of a shooter who can't miss...but I guess that's the defense. Conversely, to our point on Cork's ability to switch, he can actually stay on a guard on a switch, and actually did so last night to get a shot clock violation.

Cork will get punished by some of the larger centers, but hopefully it will balance out.
He did a great job last night. Actually all of our bigs did a great job of cutting off penetration last night. There were some open looks on the kick out, but you are forcing the other team to make those shots.

LVH

What worries me about missing Eddie is I am just not sure if Cork can bang around inside for 30+ minutes with big men and also avoid foul trouble. Fortunately Kansas State wasn't really dominant inside but there were games this year when a team who had a defined big man (Mississippi State, Oklahoma State off the top of my head) destroyed us.

Doumbia not being hurt helps but front court depth is a problem. Cork is better at moving his feet on defense but he doesn't quite have the offensive rebounding ability a healthy Eddie had which is vital when we as a team are not good at shooting the ball

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Or "cutting off penetration" for that matter.
venus fly trap pickle GIF