• The KillerFrogs

TCU and BigXII basketball tourney

Virginia Frog

The refs did not decide the game. The foul count was 19 TCU vs 15 Texas, and TCU had two or three foolish non-shooting fouls while Texas was in the bonus which gifted Horns some free throws. If you are pointing at stats, then I would say it was steals 6 to 11 and turnovers 14 to 10 both favoring Texas which swung the game to the Longhorns.

And, Points In The Paint! — TCU‘s game is to win the paint, rebounds and points, but without a healthy Big Eddie with his muscle and height, Texas had their way with 42 points in the paint compared to only 22 for the Frogs. Texas only took 14 of their 59 shots from three, making only two of those threes; they focused on the paint. If TCU had not made 8 of 19 of their threes it would have been a double digit loss.

View attachment 13932
You've made some excellent points above.

This is truly "should've, could've" situation and a berth in the Conference Championship (and better NCAA seeding) were lost to the Froggies. We need more constancy with this men's team. Jamie?

With only one year left with the OUT turkeys in our league, ADJD needs to call all the coaching staffs "in" sometime in the next several months and declare that their respective jobs are in jeopardy if they lose to OU or UT. Tell them that he doesn't care if they win all their other tilts. Next year in men's basketball we need to be 4-0, plus B12 Tournament, vs. those gomer pyles. (I'm being extreme. Joking, you all understand?):D

Virginia Frog

They beat us but the refs didn't help. We made too many dumb passes and turnovers on fast breaks.
That said, UT was pushing off in the paint with arms and elbows. Miles took a charge and they didn't even call it.
If you look closely at this cluster-fark of a game, you'll see that #7 Texas - outside the paint, and their 3 & 2 point efforts - was extremely marginal. They also had the butterfingers disease last eve. They did not play THAT superior to our team and our pansy tip-ins were the reason we didn't beat them by ten. Texas was there for the pickins and we helped them along.

It's over now. I'm gonna quit my stewin'!

Go Jayhawks, win the banner.

helcap

Another name I will throw out here as needing to up his game for the NCAA's is Baugh. Was 3 of 17 from the field in the two tournament games,. We will need the production from him we have come to expect.

Frog Attack II

It's not the fouls called.
It's the fouls not called.
I agree here. I would also say that Big 12 refs tend to catch up the foul counts on plays that don't matter.... E.g. Touch foul on UT when TCU is not shooting vs a foul in the lane on a shot. The important fouls were in UT's favor... That said, we prolly wouldn't have made the free throws anyway.

Eight

the texas bigs played physical inside and smart on the drives, but rice was allowed to rake down all night long and was never called

reminded me of nolan richardson explanation on his 40 minutes of hell defense that if you bumped from behind, hip checked on the drive, and slapped from behind and down on the drive from the opening tap throughout the game the officials just go with it

Frogco2015

Joke game by the players!

It looked like a volleyball game with all the out-of-control slapping of the ball.

Can't hit a close-in layup.

They hustled their arses off but were throwing up junk all night.

Disappointing when we lose vs Texas. Should have been a W if TCU had just played with some control.

Go Kansas U. Beat the Burnt Oranges!
Not the refs fault, TCU was sloppy. This team looks like it’s trying to do too much a lot of the time. Lots of talent though and always a good effort by the players so hopefully it clicks and we can make a run in the tourney.

Dogfrog

the texas bigs played physical inside and smart on the drives, but rice was allowed to rake down all night long and was never called

reminded me of nolan richardson explanation on his 40 minutes of hell defense that if you bumped from behind, hip checked on the drive, and slapped from behind and down on the drive from the opening tap throughout the game the officials just go with it
Very true for the team doing the fouling. I think refs have nightmares about fouling out an entire team, and forever scorned for determining the outcome.

Virginia Frog

KU would have been TCU fodder tonight.

Gag, vomit! Texas Longhorns as 2023 B12 Men's Basketball Champs. Did I just write that? Gag, vomit!

Now.....go UVA!

LVH

Texas will bring on Rodney Terry full time and 2-3 years from now we will see headlines about his firing

They had a very experienced and talented roster and are losing pretty much everyone after this season, and Rodney Terry has not proven he can build a program

Coaches that get the full time job after doing a good job in interim status almost never work out. Wichita State went from being one of the top mid majors in the country to having their program run into the ground in just 2 seasons because they gave the job to the interim guy after he took over for Greg Marshall

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Not the refs fault, TCU was sloppy. This team looks like it’s trying to do too much a lot of the time. Lots of talent though and always a good effort by the players so hopefully it clicks and we can make a run in the tourney.
We A. Did not play well enough to win, obviously, and B. Were almost never going to be able to, due to the refs. Both are true. We would have had to play a near perfect game. Just not balanced.

TCUdirtbag

Texas will bring on Rodney Terry full time and 2-3 years from now we will see headlines about his firing

They had a very experienced and talented roster and are losing pretty much everyone after this season, and Rodney Terry has not proven he can build a program

Coaches that get the full time job after doing a good job in interim status almost never work out. Wichita State went from being one of the top mid majors in the country to having their program run into the ground in just 2 seasons because they gave the job to the interim guy after he took over for Greg Marshall
He has to make a deep run to get the permanent gig, IMO.