• The KillerFrogs

TCU Ain't in Dallas

Folks,

Everytime I read or here that TCU brings all the Dallas TVs to the Big East, or the Big East teams will have access to all the high school football tallent in Dallas, or "we sure are looking forward to coming to Dallas to play you"; It just makes me mad.

We as the Frog Nation must, on every occasion we here Dallas being used in reference to TCU, correct the speaker, writer, blogger or whatever.

Nothing wrong with Dallas, it just ain't here

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Folks,

Everytime I read or here that TCU brings all the Dallas TVs to the Big East, or the Big East teams will have access to all the high school football tallent in Dallas, or "we sure are looking forward to coming to Dallas to play you"; It just makes me mad.

We as the Frog Nation must, on every occasion we here Dallas being used in reference to TCU, correct the speaker, writer, blogger or whatever.

Nothing wrong with Dallas, it just ain't here

"here, here"

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being

Points 1 & 2 are absolutely true (in theory), as for point 3, well, BFD. If they don't know where we are when they show up, they'll know when they leave.

Points 1 & 2 are absolutely true (in theory), as for point 3, well, BFD. If they don't know where we are when they show up, they'll know when they leave.

everyone in the country is asking how we can be relevant, well here is how. With the 2012 schedule that has been reported, it is going to be frogbedlum. Not to mention what 13 will be like.

asleep003

It's alright that they used Dallas/Metroplex while under the Big East evaluation mag glass. But now we're to be offended, since the deal is all wrapped up nice and pretty... time really erases the memory, when humility worked so well....

Cheers !

Opintel

Moderators
It's alright that they used Dallas/Metroplex while under the Big East evaluation mag glass. But now we're to be offended, since the deal is all wrapped up nice and pretty... time really erases the memory, when humility worked so well....

Cheers !
Who's THEY? Uninformed and location-challenged people, that are not affiliated with TCU? Uh, humility; what is that about?

I damn sure never heard anyone from around the Fort Worth/Dallas Metroplex say that TCU was located in Dallas - just the terminally confused. Or idiots...you can decide for yourself.

The honorable gentleman who's name is on the stadium that TCU Football calls home, understood very well.

Love ya... :tongue:

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
I don't ever see anyone on here refer to TCU as in Dallas. Maybe the media, but never see it on here. Don't really know what the OP is talking about.

Borat Sagdiyev

I strongly support the sentiment but I have to disagree on one key point-

There's plenty wrong with Dallas

I don't really understand comments like this.

Fort Worth was the first place in DFW I lived when I went to TCU. I love Fort Worth. The entire time I went to TCU it was beat into my head over and over again how terrible Dallas was, and since I never really went to Dallas, I believed that.

When I graduated, I really wanted to stay in Fort Worth, but the better jobs for me were in Dallas. I hated having to move because I thought Dallas was going to be terrible like I had been tought, but I wanted to live in Dallas rather than commute.

It took me all of two weeks to realize that Dallas is great. I don't prefer Dallas over Fort Worth or the other way around, its just different.

It drives me nuts when people say there is stuff wrong with Dallas because MOST people who say that have no idea. They complain about traffic, $30,000 millionaires and whatever else they can find to complain about, but in reality, its your choice what you surround yourself with. I don't deal with traffic. It takes me five minutes to get to work and I actually live and work in Dallas. I don't have to deal with douchy people because I choose not to go Uptown.

I've got more to write but I have to leave.

talor

I don't really understand comments like this.

Fort Worth was the first place in DFW I lived when I went to TCU. I love Fort Worth. The entire time I went to TCU it was beat into my head over and over again how terrible Dallas was, and since I never really went to Dallas, I believed that.

When I graduated, I really wanted to stay in Fort Worth, but the better jobs for me were in Dallas. I hated having to move because I thought Dallas was going to be terrible like I had been tought, but I wanted to live in Dallas rather than commute.

It took me all of two weeks to realize that Dallas is great. I don't prefer Dallas over Fort Worth or the other way around, its just different.

It drives me nuts when people say there is stuff wrong with Dallas because MOST people who say that have no idea. They complain about traffic, $30,000 millionaires and whatever else they can find to complain about, but in reality, its your choice what you surround yourself with. I don't deal with traffic. It takes me five minutes to get to work and I actually live and work in Dallas. I don't have to deal with douchy people because I choose not to go Uptown.

I've got more to write but I have to leave.

Good post. I will add that there are just as many [Cowherd]s in FW, they are just a different species of [Cowherd].

Stiff Arm Frog

I agree 100% with Borat. I've basically had the same experience he had.

There's nothing wrong with Dallas. It's a bit ritzy for me, but the people are still Texans. If there's a city in the Metroplex I dislike, it would be Arlington. There are some rat [ "illegitimate Baylor boys" ] living out there.

Frog-in-law1995

Agree with the posts above mine. Fort Worth born and raised (except for a short stint in Waco that I try to keep suppressed) and always heard how Dallas was the dark side of the metroplex. I lived at Mockingbird & 75 from 03-06 and kinda enjoyed it. Uptown's not bad, either. Downtown's not as nice, drivers aren't quite as friendly (though still better than other big cities) and I'd much rather have our city and county governments, but I don't have any ill will towards the town that puts the D in FW/D.