• The KillerFrogs

TCU after huge OL

West Coast Johnny

Nobody knows what they are doing in recruiting. Not even Patterson. No college Coach is always right. They are all guessing. And YES sometimes a few mere fans have some better info on a recruit and know more than the Coaches do. Happens all the time at every college. Football coaches are just guessing when they recruit.

And you do know that as good as Tcu is in football, that 30% of the Tcu recruits are DUDs right? You do know that right? I will just name the guys who arent here anymore who were "MISSES" so I dont get hammered for bad mouthing current players.

QB ESKRIDGE (never played a down for TCU)
RB BANYARD (same)
DT NUTEI (bench warmer for 5 yrs)
WR SHUTT (bench warmer for 4 yrs)
RB CAVNESS (bench warmer for 4 yrs)
S JUR THOMPSON (left program)
OL SEFTON (took up a schollie for 2 yrs and rode the bench - horrible bust !)
DB VENSON
LB ISADORE
DE LEATCH (bench warmer for 5 yrs)
DB CHEZ THOMAS (never played a down for Tcu and took up a schollie for 3 yrs)
S GOODSON
DB BLEDSOE

10 MORE current players on the team who I will not name, who will be perennial career bench warmers at Tcu but who will take up a schollie for 4-5 yrs.

This list doesnt count the 10 current busts on the team now who are current players.

As much talk there is here about Texas Longhorn "busts", the shocking thing to most of you here is that Tcu has a much much higher "bust rate" on players than UT does.

You guys just dont want to hear it and demand the information be deleted or banned when it is brought up, therefore you continue to believe in fairy tales that simply arent true. And then you perpetuate that fairy tale and tell it to each other over and over and over again until some of you actually beileve in the Easter Bunny and other such fairy tales like UT has a higher bust rate than Tcu does.

The POINT? Tcu Coaches are guessing, just like every other college Coach in America. And low ranked recruits have a much much higher "bust out rate" than the higher ranked recruits. That is a fact !! The "bust rate" for Tcu 2 star recruits is nearly TRIPLE the "bust rate" of Texas Longhorn 4 star recruits. And that is a FACT also !!

So please dont pretend that the Tcu coaches are perfect in their assessments and the fans dont know JACK SQUAT about recruits. Fans know a lot more than you think ! And Coaches know a lot less than you think and are guessing a whole lot more than you think.

Sometimes they have more info than some of our more astute fans and sometimes they dont !!

So please save us the "COACHES ALWAYS KNOW BEST" nonsense. They are guessing. Same as us fans do.

How's Bonsu doing?

AggieAngst

And without 4 star recruit JEREMY KERLEY saving the SDSU game, Tcu would have lost to SDSU and would never have even played in the Rose Bowl Game, would never
have ended up # 2 in the nation and would never have had the chance to beat WISCONSIN and move up to # 2.

YES some 2 star guys contributed also, but without 4 star KERLEY, Tcu finishes # 16 and plays in the Poinsettia Bowl Game with a 12-1 record.

As I have said forever, 2 star recruits are great in the Mtn West Conf and will get wins vs UNLV, NEW MEXICO, COLO ST, AIR FORCE, and WYOMING, but it is going to take 4 star recruits to take on ALABAMA, OKLAHOMA, FLORIDA or OHIO ST for National Championships in the future (if that is the goal). Two star guys will get you a Conf Championship in a weak league, and get you to a bowl game, but it will take 4 star guys to get the National Championship.

And KERELY is proof !!

PS - Where would Tcu be for this coming season without 4 star recruit QB Casey Pachall, and without 4 star RB Waymon James (who is projected to be a potential national superstar this coming season) ?

Without Pachall this coming season, Tcu would lose a minimum of 5 games including to Baylor (which would be an enormous humiliation). QB Brown is nowhere near ready as proven in the Spring Game. Pachall looked very good, and may be better than DALTON if that is possible. Where would Tcu be without 4 star Pachall?

The silence is deafening !!
Aye aye aye dios mio

Tcu did finish #2 last year... And didn't have a chance to compete for #1

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
If he's only offered by SMU and Tulane I have little interest....

Wow. That sounds like a teabag. We're not interested simply because of who else is or isn't interested? Where would Andy Dalton have ended up with that mentality?

Along those lines, a recent UH OL verbal might well jump at the chance of a better opportunity, specifically including the Frogs. Jacob Abels, 6'5", 290, is one to watch. Rivals link

maximilian

Wow. That sounds like a teabag. We're not interested simply because of who else is or isn't interested? Where would Andy Dalton have ended up with that mentality?

Along those lines, a recent UH OL verbal might well jump at the chance of a better opportunity, specifically including the Frogs. Jacob Abels, 6'5", 290, is one to watch. Rivals link

Your sarcasm meter is really broken.

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
Your sarcasm meter is really broken.

Sorry. Just got online (unlike AA, I have a real job and don't write KF.c posts for my portfolio), and hadn't yet scrolled through the increasingly irritating yet entertaining hysteria. The rest of this thread reads much like the guy that was flaming the Wiscy board before the RB. Sorry for my broken sarcasm meter.

Mike Brooks

For every 2 star TANK CARDER success - I can name you 3 Tcu "busts".

The point?

You cant compete with TEXAS, FLORIDA and ALABAMA for a National Championship (if that is the goal) by bringing in 3 busts for every 1 success.

Thasss all I'm sayin !!

And....it does appear that Tcu's recruiting is moving (gradually) to the next level up, but seriously it gets very old listening to how some fans here actually believe that Tcu can win a National Championship with 2 star players (while turning a blind eye to the 3-1 bust rate of 2 star recruits) !!

Funny stuff, but it gets to be a very tired fairy tale at times.

Please tell me where TCU would have been with just 2 star wonders this past Rose Bowl season? Would TCU have even played in the Rose Bowl without 4 star Jeremy Kerley making crucial game winning plays in the SAN DIEGO ST game? If Tcu didnt have KERLEY and had lost the SDSU game would TCU have even played in the Rose Bowl?

So please dont pretend that Tcu is "just fine" with a roster fulla 2 stars. NOT HARDLY !! Tcu would have been playing Fresno St in a bowl game named after a flower if not for a 4 star recruit (KERLEY).

TCU won the Rose Bowl with a great play from a former 2 star recruit (CARDER) but Tcu never would have even gotten to the Rose Bowl game without the 4 star recruit (KERLEY).
Should we be purging players that appear they will be unproductive? Like all the "big" programs? I heard that theory somewhere.

Mike Brooks

I don't understand why we can't ban users like Aggie. Writes a frigging paper that goes in circles and then posts it in sections on here.
He doesnt cuss and is a complete doooooshe. Funny to me. just dont read him as I do. Please dont turn this into an OU, aTm, UT board.

Also funny that GDU, who actually offered some content at times, was apparently told to tone it down because some didnt like anyone not spouting purple cool aid. And then we have you. NativeFrog starter kit. Hmmmm...

AA is simply a troll like TCUManiac on opponents boards. Visits few threads so he is easy to ignore. Some others invade every thread with shock value comments. Harder to ignore and, sadly, less easy to laugh at.

SnoSki

I will just name the guys who arent here anymore who were "MISSES" so I dont get hammered for bad mouthing current players.

RB BANYARD (same)
DB VENSON
LB ISADORE
S GOODSON
DB BLEDSOE

10 MORE current players on the team who I will not name, who will be perennial career bench warmers at Tcu but who will take up a schollie for 4-5 yrs.

So what you're saying is that everyone who doesn't start is a bust? Am I right? Glad to have your incredible insight here. Anyone who doesn't start is a waste of a scholarship. Glad you cleared that up.

rynosdad

Nobody knows what they are doing in recruiting. Not even Patterson. No college Coach is always right. They are all guessing. And YES sometimes a few mere fans have some better info on a recruit and know more than the Coaches do. Happens all the time at every college. Football coaches are just guessing when they recruit.

And you do know that as good as Tcu is in football, that 30% of the Tcu recruits are DUDs right? You do know that right? I will just name the guys who arent here anymore who were "MISSES" so I dont get hammered for bad mouthing current players.

RB BANYARD (same)
DB VENSON
LB ISADORE
S GOODSON
DB BLEDSOE

This list doesnt count the 10 current busts on the team now who are current players.

As much talk there is here about Texas Longhorn "busts", the shocking thing to most of you here is that Tcu has a much much higher "bust rate" on players than UT does.

You guys just dont want to hear it and demand the information be deleted or banned when it is brought up, therefore you continue to believe in fairy tales that simply arent true. And then you perpetuate that fairy tale and tell it to each other over and over and over again until some of you actually beileve in the Easter Bunny and other such fairy tales like UT has a higher bust rate than Tcu does.

The POINT? Tcu Coaches are guessing, just like every other college Coach in America. And low ranked recruits have a much much higher "bust out rate" than the higher ranked recruits. That is a fact !! The "bust rate" for Tcu 2 star recruits is nearly TRIPLE the "bust rate" of Texas Longhorn 4 star recruits. And that is a FACT also !!

So please dont pretend that the Tcu coaches are perfect in their assessments and the fans dont know JACK SQUAT about recruits. Fans know a lot more than you think ! And Coaches know a lot less than you think and are guessing a whole lot more than you think.

Sometimes they have more info than some of our more astute fans and sometimes they dont !!

So please save us the "COACHES ALWAYS KNOW BEST" nonsense. They are guessing. Same as us fans do.
They found Osama - they can find you too! :laugh:

talor

I read today that Texarkana C John Michael McGee is down to OU and Mizzou.

In that case, perhaps another offer needs to go out soon.

froginmn

Without Pachall this coming season, Tcu would lose a minimum of 5 games including to Baylor (which would be an enormous humiliation). QB Brown is nowhere near ready as proven in the Spring Game. Pachall looked very good, and may be better than DALTON if that is possible. Where would Tcu be without 4 star Pachall?

Don't ban this guy - he's hilarious....

Losing to Baylor WOULD be humiliating. Both Aggie fans (2008) and Longhorn fans (2010) can surely attest to that.

Where would TCU be without Pachall? I haven't even figured out where we'll be WITH him!

asleep003

Sorry Angst, you have spent(wasted) a whole lot of Yours and Our time trying to support your theory.

A) Until 09' recruiting class, TCU had never(last 10 years) finished in the top 50 schools in recruiting.
B) Never able to bust into the top 70 for that matter... always bottom division in recruiting til' 09' class.
C) Texas never finished below the top 20 in recruiting... commonly in the top10 and often in the top 5.
D) TCU was a top 10 team the last 3 years with Soph/Jr/Sr recruits of bottom division ranked classes.
E) 2010 - No. 2 TCU 13-0... Rose Bowl Champs ............. Unranked TEXAS 5-7....no bowl.
F) Almost similar story with A&M... no one has done less, with more, than the Aggies....

So, maybe CGP/staff do know exactly what they're doing! Only concern with staff, is in this new era of
bling bling skilled athletes looking at us, they could possibly get caught up/disrupt the focus on the
proven and successful recruiting path/formula.... with those new distractions.
Cheers!

Houston Frog

So, maybe CGP/staff do know what they are doing! My only concern with them though, is in this new
era of bling bling skilled athletes looking at us and possible disrupting staffs focus off their proven
and successful recruiting path/formula.... with those distractions.

I wouldn't worry about that, as far as I can tell our recruiting strategy hasn't changed in the slightest..... we've always offered these "bling bling" types, we just rarely got them to commit until recently

asleep003

Would like to see us nail down at least 3... but preferably 4 OL with our remaining 6-7 slots.

Over the past 2 recruiting classes(2010' and 11') and the 2012' group presently recruited.....
a) QBs - 6 and 1/2(Listenbee who is listed as ATH, but a HS QB and promised a try at QB).
b) OL - 6 and 1/2(Hunt who is listed at DL/OL, was recruited by doz major schools as a DT).

Even if the staff intends to use 2 of those QBs as WRs or DBs... the ratio has to mean we're
going after a number of the Big and Uglys. Just has to be.....

Cheers!

AggieAngst

Apparently you ain't got the first clue about recruiting! WOW!

Every single kid who is ever recruited to any college should is given the goal of becoming a starter.

And YES, genius, any kid who sits the bench for his entire career was indeed a wasted schollie. Football players are given schollies and free tuition in return for playing football not sitting on the bench for 4-5 years as glorified cheerleaders.

Are you a girl? Do you even understand sports?

So what you're saying is that everyone who doesn't start is a bust? Am I right? Glad to have your incredible insight here. Anyone who doesn't start is a waste of a scholarship. Glad you cleared that up.

AggieAngst

What a wonderful and patriotic speech! It makes me want to stand up at attention and sing AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL and the TCU ALMA MATER !

The FACT is however, that no matter how much you fly the flag espousing the great successes of TCU with 2 star wonders, TCU never would have even reached the Rose Bowl ge this past season without 4 star recruit JEREMY KERLEYS game saving heroics in the San Diego State game.

A TCU roster fill of just 2 and 3 star wonders never would have been invited to the Rose Bowl. It took 4 star KERLEYS to get them there.

Nice try but yer post is a FAIL !

quote name='Mistletoad' timestamp='1304461191' post='829139']
Would like to see us nail down at least 3... but preferably 4 OL with our remaining 6-7 slots.

Over the past 2 recruiting classes(2010' and 11') and the 2012' group presently recruited.....
a) QBs - 6 and 1/2(Listenbee who is listed as ATH, but a HS QB and promised a try at QB).
b) OL - 6 and 1/2(Hunt who is listed at DL/OL, was recruited by doz major schools as a DT).

Even if the staff intends to use 2 of those QBs as WRs or DBs... the ratio has to mean we're
going after a number of the Big and Uglys. Just has to be.....

Cheers!
[/quote]