• The KillerFrogs

TCU @ #18

HoustonHornedFrog

TCU is not yet an ESPN property.

Same ole same ole. :angry:

Note that they mention that Yogi may play next year against Texas Tech.

You can't blame it all on that. Take a look at who is just ahead of us at 17 - Auburn.

When was the last time both the no. 1 and 2 teams in the final polls dropped 16 spots to start the next year?

Of course this is just one opinion, but I don't think it will be all that far from where we start.

Cougar/Frog

I guess he missed the memo that Boise is no longer an ESPN property.....he can now get off the Boise bus....oh, that was Forte.....anyway, after TCU runs the table, we will get yet another BCS bowl -- maybe in New Orleans this time --- the Sugar also gets the BCS title game.

froginaustin

You can't blame it all on that. Take a look at who is just ahead of us at 17 - Auburn.

When was the last time both the no. 1 and 2 teams in the final polls dropped 16 spots to start the next year?

Of course this is just one opinion, but I don't think it will be all that far from where we start.
And Auburn may very well be damaged goods, in addition to losing sCam to the League. Special situation for AU.

Just because I'm paranoid about ESPN's attitude toward TCU does not mean they are not trying to screw us.

leofrog

TCU is not yet an ESPN property.

Same ole same ole. :angry:

Note that they mention that Yogi may play next year against Texas Tech.
Why should we be ranked higher? We have unprovens, and if you go off of history, what was our record the last time we had a first year QB? I think this is very fair, and a little too high, IMO.

Rabble Rouser

Doesn't bother me and seems fair based on the amount of starters we lose.

Not sure about the rest of you but I am considering next year as basically a retooling season before we go to the Big East.

If we can get to the Las Vegas Bowl next season I would be thrilled.

Limey Frog

Return almost the whole team after going 9-3 in conference with a favorable schedule next year. Ags will likely be picked to finish 2nd or 3rd in the Big XII to start the season.

Exactly. TAMU returns a lot of talent. We lose a ton. It's too early to worry about this, and it would also be best to be less touchy. We don't want to get a reputation as the most easily offended CFB fan base, or one that [like UT] expects 12-0 campaigns every year without fail. We just went 36-3 in three seasons and have graduated the senior class that achieved this remarkable work. Ten wins next year would be a very good achievement. If TCU finishes 10-3, where would they rank in the 2011 final polls? Round about #18?

sous vide

Why should we be ranked higher? We have unprovens, and if you go off of history, what was our record the last time we had a first year QB? I think this is very fair, and a little too high, IMO.

We lose a lot, true. But if "you go off of history" I have read that TCU is the most consistently and greatly underranked team in the preseason rankings over the past some years. Perhaps someone has a better link than my imperfect memory.

gdu

Return almost the whole team after going 9-3 in conference with a favorable schedule next year. Ags will likely be picked to finish 2nd or 3rd in the Big XII to start the season.
smoke and mirrors. The B12 was a joke this year and A&M benefitted more than anyone.