• The KillerFrogs

Tank Carder and the 2011 NFL Draft

Punter1

I think Mel has him as his No. 2 junior ILB right now and after playing so well against a big, physical NFL team he has to be getting some serious attention from the scouts.

ILBs dont typically go very high so he could have already maxed out his draft status...which worries me.

I hope he doesnt pull a CoRo and leave but just like George Lane did after 2000 it may be the right choice.

FrogzFan4Life21

If he makes the choice to enter the draft i wouldnt blame the guy. Will definitely be his best time to declare. And we are already knowing we are going into next year rebuilding. Why not another position ;)

rM3panno

I work with a guy who knows him and we had this conversation over a month ago. Tank believes his draft status is maxed out and was seriously considering entering the draft early. I assume the Rose Bowl further cemented that belief.

An-Cap Frog

Next year he would certainly be a front runner for several national accolades...you can only do that once in your career...the NFL can wait...plus they won't be playing a full season next year...

FROGDADDY

How did it work out for the last TCU linebacker to leave early for the draft?
What does that have to do with Tank? Wouldn't surprise me if Tank couldn't even tell you that guy's name. Tank should do what's best for him and if leaving early is the answer then good for him. He played at 110% every snap of every game and was largely responsible for arguably the biggest win in TCU history. I won't fault him one bit if he leaves. I also won't lose any sleep about having to replace him with Kenny Cain.

VA Froggie

If he makes the choice to enter the draft i wouldnt blame the guy. Will definitely be his best time to declare. And we are already knowing we are going into next year rebuilding. Why not another position ;)

We don't rebuild at TCU anymore..... :biggrin: We just put the next All American in and keep going. This is TCU football you're talking about.

Go Frogs

neo926

Since a lock out is looming will there be an NFL to go to?
I seriously doubt there will be a lock out. Too many people make too much money for that to happen.

And I don't get this idea that his draft stock will never be higher. Why not? Yeah, he had a great year this year, but how is another great year with his name already out there not going to help him? He'll be looked at as one of the top linebackers going into next year, and it will get a lot of people a long look at what he can bring to the NFL.

Cougar/Frog

If Tank goes, more power to him. He will have a nice NFL career. He is already an all-time Frog great.

Now, if he stays, he will be an tremendous leader for the TCU defense trying for its 4th straight No. 1.

I really hope he stays.....

InterestedObserver

Isn't there some deal where they can declare, but then later change their mind if they don't hire an agent? Or is that just for the NBA? I don't follow pro-sports very much and get them confused.

jake102

I bet him leaving would piss Patterson off. I have a feeling he's like Pete Carroll in tha the expects his players to stay. I guess Carroll could say, why go to the NFL when I'm already paying you, but whatever.

GP's Step-Son

What does that have to do with Tank? Wouldn't surprise me if Tank couldn't even tell you that guy's name. Tank should do what's best for him and if leaving early is the answer then good for him. He played at 110% every snap of every game and was largely responsible for arguably the biggest win in TCU history. I won't fault him one bit if he leaves. I also won't lose any sleep about having to replace him with Kenny Cain.

This. Kenny Cain....that boy good.