• The KillerFrogs

talking to an ex-letterman

4th. down

Think it was 1960 or so, we went up there and tied Ohio State. On the first OSU offensive play, their fullback, who had never taken a loss on a run, we clobered by a TCU DT for a 2 yard loss. Lloyd Mynatt, Marvin Chipman, can't remember the other guys on that team...

That team knocked off 5 number 1 ranked teams that year including Kansas, Texas, Ohio State, couple others I cannot recall. Lost to Rice, and some other sissies, just played when they felt like it...think they lost 5 games or something like that.

Guy (Sonny Gibbs) and Harry (The Hair) Moreland. Your right, I was there, and we played when we wanted to, and if we wanted to play, you couldn't beat us.

Bullfrog

Tier 1
Think it was 1960 or so, we went up there and tied Ohio State. On the first OSU offensive play, their fullback, who had never taken a loss on a run, we clobered by a TCU DT for a 2 yard loss. Lloyd Mynatt, Marvin Chipman, can't remember the other guys on that team...

That team knocked off 5 number 1 ranked teams that year including Kansas, Texas, Ohio State, couple others I cannot recall. Lost to Rice, and some other sissies, just played when they felt like it...think they lost 5 games or something like that.

Almost but not correct.

The Hare beat UT in 1959 (Austin) with a 56 yard run. We played three #1 teams in 1961. Beat UT in Austin , Kansas at Fort Worth (they were receiving some votes for PRE-SEASON #1) and then 7-7 at Ohio State. I think the fullback for them was a big fellow named Fergerson (sp)

The way I remember it, Gibbs completed a long pass at the end of the game but time ran out before TCU could kick a FG.

After more than 50 years my memory is often wrong...................

StigFrog

In the 1970's, TCU did not schedule out of conference to help team performance, it was for the money.
1973 hosted UTA and traveled to Ohio State and Tennessee to finish 3-8.
1974 hosted UTA and traveled to Arizona State and Minnesota. 1-10 (beat UTA)
1975 hosted UTA and Arizona State and lost both. Traveled to Nebraska. 1-10
1976 Went to Tennessee, Nebraska, and Miami. ONLY 4 HOME GAMES! 0-11 11,480 fans at ACS to close the season with Baylor.
Thank god those days are over.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
I think Hindry is referring to the TCU v Ohio State game in '69 at the horseshoe in Columbus when we were clobbered by something like 62-7... We probably went up there to collect a paycheck in a typical bodybag game... So glad those days are over, but we did win up there in '62...
We played there in 1973, lost 37-3.

the real test will be for the Frog Fans. show up early - get in the stadium early - make BigXII noise. i worry more about the fan base under performing than the team.

went in the stadium for the first time yesterday to snoop around... i think Frog Fans are going to perform well - that place invites you in and you won't want to leave once you're there - it is absolutely beautiful.

Latest posts