• The KillerFrogs

talking to an ex-letterman

hindry

class of 73

frogs played ohio state in season opener

he said he thought it took 15 minutes for OSU playersto run out onto the field. he thought there were 250 of em weighing about 2000 lbs each

i think michigan may have felt the same last nite.

my point....

we used to find the tuffest teams in the country to open with. i am sure there was some faint logic there. but of course it set the tone for rest of year.

i love our weak earlier schedule.(no sarcasm here)

gives us time to mariante and gel

gofrogs152

Our early schedule does help us this year as young as we are. As a fan watching the games the FCS games are not great to watch, but they make a lot of sense from a coaching standpoint.

PhillyFrog

Grambling should make for a really great show, but I doubt it tells much about our team as a whole. Baylor should be the first real test on the schedule.

bma0823

I really hope the team doesn't think Baylor is our first real test. UVA is going to be a decent team, and going on the road is never easy. With the exception of Grambling and probably KU, there are no gimmes this year.

limplizard

SMU is before Baylor. We should be better than Virginia. But all those are legitimate, competitive FBS teams. Not as good as W.Va, or Texas or (maybe) OU, but still decent teams.

class of 73

frogs played ohio state in season opener

he said he thought it took 15 minutes for OSU playersto run out onto the field. he thought there were 250 of em weighing about 2000 lbs each

i think michigan may have felt the same last nite.

my point....

we used to find the tuffest teams in the country to open with. i am sure there was some faint logic there. but of course it set the tone for rest of year.

i love our weak earlier schedule.(no sarcasm here)

gives us time to mariante and gel

We used to look for paycheck games. Now we are the payer.

westoverhillbilly

I think Hindry is referring to the TCU v Ohio State game in '69 at the horseshoe in Columbus when we were clobbered by something like 62-7... We probably went up there to collect a paycheck in a typical bodybag game... So glad those days are over, but we did win up there in '62...

Deep Purple

We'll lose to a team that we shouldn't.

I fear that game could be Virginia. On paper, we're better -- but the games aren't played on paper, and the disparity isn't as great it was the last time we played the Cavs in 2009. They've improved significantly since then, and we've been rebuilding since 2011.

ZeeFrog

the real test will be for the Frog Fans. show up early - get in the stadium early - make BigXII noise. i worry more about the fan base under performing than the team.

Froginbedford

I, too. worry about the fans...Too sophisticated most of the time, even to get to the game before it starts, and especially to stay after halftime. But the other teams are scary, too. 8-4 will be like a championship this year, I fear. 7-5 will be wholly acceptable.

Gunner

Think it was 1960 or so, we went up there and tied Ohio State. On the first OSU offensive play, their fullback, who had never taken a loss on a run, we clobered by a TCU DT for a 2 yard loss. Lloyd Mynatt, Marvin Chipman, can't remember the other guys on that team...

That team knocked off 5 number 1 ranked teams that year including Kansas, Texas, Ohio State, couple others I cannot recall. Lost to Rice, and some other sissies, just played when they felt like it...think they lost 5 games or something like that.

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
I fear that game could be Virginia. On paper, we're better -- but the games aren't played on paper, and the disparity isn't as great it was the last time we played the Cavs in 2009. They've improved significantly since then, and we've been rebuilding since 2011.

If we lose to Virginia, it is going to be a very long year. We beat them by 14 at least.

Waccy Frog

If we lose to Virginia, it is going to be a very long year. We beat them by 14 at least.

Virginia is a well coached, ACC team. We should beat them at home, but they will be a tough out. I would be very surprised if the line is 14, and I would be thrilled if we win by that much. If we sleep walk in, we will get our butts handed to us.

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
Virginia is a well coached, ACC team. We should beat them at home, but they will be a tough out. I would be very surprised if the line is 14, and I would be thrilled if we win by that much. If we sleep walk in, we will get our butts handed to us.

I am sorry, Virginia is not going to hand our butts to us. It's just not going to happen. If it does, we lose 8 games this year.

Latest posts