• The KillerFrogs

Syracuse raising money for football upgrade

UnderToad

"Syracuse University is trying to raise some $4 million in donations in order to upgrade facilities in the Iocolano-Petty Football Wing at Manley Field House.
According to the university's athletic web site, the renovations are necessary to keep SU's facilities current and competitive with other Big East schools."

http://www.suathleti...0412112617.aspx

Click on different "Our Facilities" to get a look at some Big East training rooms, locker rooms, lounges, etc.

gdice

Yikes, they better hope they get that money, recruits are not gonna like seeing those pictures when choosing schools...

PurplePainD

I guess they are being brutally honest, but I would be appalled if TCU published similar pictures on their website in an effort to raise funds. Can you imagine if TCU posted pictures of Baylor's facilities that looked better than ours - a little flawed, since our facilities are better and Baylor is not in our conference, but work with me on the hypothetical...

mtmedlin

I know we just dropped nearly $50 million on upgrading practice fields, softball/baseball fields, soccer field and Basketball arena....and that was just upgrades. I would hate to see what it would cost for us to move up to being the "best" facilities in the BE. This next football tv contract needs to be big!

Texas Otto

Texas Otto? Comments?

Was in off-site meeting all day and need to plan for a trip to Portland next week, but that being said Dr. Gross has it right and is trying very hard to right the wrongs of the past decade. He has already installed new field turf in the dome and all of the outdoor practice facilities, he brought us a key donation from Carmelo Anthony to build the Melo Center for hoops, spent some $10M in updating the interior of the dome and making it more fan friendly, and yes updating the training and lounge facilities is the next step and I think it is a great thing. Being a small private U they cannot depend on the tax payers, but since his arrival Dr. Gross has been an outstanding fundraiser to pay for upgrades to facilities.

Please note when you you take your eye off the ball in fundraising and upgrades these things do not happen overnight, but after a decade of neglect SU is on the right track and I think that has been and will continue to be shown in results on the field.