• The KillerFrogs

Sunday Stretch at Lupton

Pharm Frog

Witte walks.... GREAT patience! Bases loaded with two outs.... Should'a walked earlier.... 99 pitches for closer. Rivera coming up.... Pitching coach coming to the mound to talk....

Pharm Frog

Rivera strikes out looking and CJS is headed to the plate umpire. Had a bad angle so I can't comment. 104th pitch for a closer. Never seen that in baseball.... Fun game to watch but probably fitting that we left the bases loaded to end the game. That's baseball.... Beat Baylor on Tuesday!

TCUExaminer

Contributor
I wasn't particularly a fan of the ump's strike zone today, but oh well. Taking two of three in the fashion that TCU did this weekend is nothing to be ashamed of.

sandiegojack

I watched the game on gofrogs. the ump was consistent but he was calling strkies on pitches several inches outside the whole game. horrible way to lose a game like that.

it is hard for the batters when the umpiring is that bad. you don't know what to swing at.

sdj

ShreveFrog

My video feed hiccupped on that final call strike to Rivera, though it looked like the catcher had moved outside to catch hit. Was that a bad call?

Pharm Frog

I watched the game on gofrogs. the ump was consistent but he was calling strkies on pitches several inches outside the whole game. horrible way to lose a game like that.

it is hard for the batters when the umpiring is that bad. you don't know what to swing at.

sdj

I agree and disagree. He was fairly consistent out and in.... eg: Get it the zip code on 3-0 and you get a strike. Where I felt he struggled most was low/high on and off the edges especially on breaking pitches and change-ups but occasionally on the fastballs as well. You could see he was getting tired from about the 8th inning on (as would I) and his up-down stance was breaking down (often being late getting to position). It's early for these guys as well.

Young and Horned

I only saw the last inning. Was hoping for little more clutch out of taylor and jason, but like I said in another post it is still early. Nothing to worry about. I am not too keen on Miller's stamina, but I thought he may look to another person to come in after that many pitches. Anyways, I thought it was a pretty solid weekend. Should have had more runs today by looking at the hits, but our team learns from those things. We are going to be just fine this year.