• The KillerFrogs

Sugar Bowl

P

PurpleDaze

After Mr. Gee's comments today, the Sugar Bowl would be crazy to pass up a TCU vs. tOSU matchup should Auburn make it to the MNC.

No need to wait for a home and home ... settle it this year!

SnoSki

TCU vs Ohio State, one in Columbus one in Fort Worth.

I doubt it'll happen though because "Big" Ten teams are too afraid to schedule TCU and they'll make up some @#$% excuse about TCU's stadium size being too small. This is crap though because it's not like Ohio State would bring more than 10K fans to Fort Worth anyway.

Book it CDC! I'd put TCU as 10-12 point favorites with these teams right now.

P

PurpleDaze

CDC and CGP should be calling for this matchup in the Sugar Bowl right now ... plant the seed!

Each and every Horned Frog fan should write the Sugar Bowl and request a TCU/tOSU matchup should the opportunity present itself:

Allstate Sugar Bowl Office
Louisiana Superdome
1500 Sugar Bowl Drive
New Orleans, Louisiana 70112
ph (504) 828-2440
fax (504) 828-2441

Sugar Bowl Website Directory

Frogs1983

TCU vs Ohio State, one in Columbus one in Fort Worth.

I doubt it'll happen though because "Big" Ten teams are too afraid to schedule TCU and they'll make up some @#$% excuse about TCU's stadium size being too small. This is crap though because it's not like Ohio State would bring more than 10K fans to Fort Worth anyway.

Book it CDC! I'd put TCU as 10-12 point favorites with these teams right now.

Just out of curiosity is Northwestern's stadium capacity larger than ACG?

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
Just out of curiosity is Northwestern's stadium capacity larger than ACG?

I don't know, but when you schedule a home game at Wrigley Field and teams were only allowed to be on offense in one direction, how can we possibly take that conference seriously about the quality of their football? Obviously they fit in well with ESPN - where entertainment comes before sports. I don't care if it was two bottom feeders. Just think if the MWC did that.

berryfrog95

orthwestern Wildcats football
40px-AmericanFootball_current_event.svg.png
Current season

First season1876/1882Athletic directorJim PhillipsHead coachPat Fitzgerald4th year, 31–23 (.574)Home stadiumRyan Field (stadium)

Stadium capacity47,130

Stadium surfaceNatural grassLocationEvanston, ILConferenceBig Ten
All-time record476–619–44 (.437)Postseason bowl record

P

PurpleDaze

Unbelievable ... the Frogs are perched upon a razor's edge of being in the MNC/Rose or being completely left out of the BCS altogether; Gee throws a hand grenade making the Sugar Bowl now a viable option ... and this thread gets mucked up by Northwestern's stadium capacity.

Are we not smart enough as a football watching community to seize the moment?

As soon as the NM game is over, I would love to hear CGP say "we'd be thrilled to go to any BCS bowl that invites us. That said, I suddenly have a desire to play Ohio State."

FROGDADDY

Unbelievable ... the Frogs are perched upon a razor's edge of being in the MNC/Rose or being completely left out of the BCS altogether; Gee throws a hand grenade making the Sugar Bowl now a viable option ... and this thread gets mucked up by Northwestern's stadium capacity.

Are we not smart enough as a football watching community to seize the moment?

Yeah, right up until the three posts about Northwestern we were well on our way to securing the Sugar Bowl bid. But now we've screwed ourselves. :wacko:

P

PurpleDaze

Yeah, right up until the three posts about Northwestern we were well on our way to securing the Sugar Bowl bid. But now we've screwed ourselves. :wacko:
There's a reason I specifically chose the name PurpleDaze. It's because I am continually dazed and confused by TCU fans such as yourself.

P

PurpleDaze

He took exception (rightfully so) to what you said with sarcasm. You replied back with a personal attack. Stay classy Dazey.
Thanks for double posting, because I missed it the first time.

In all seriousness, I am just bewildered, rather than dazed and confused.

And btw ... is Dazey a person attack or am I reading too much into it?