• The KillerFrogs

Suck it Texas

ShadowFrog

Moderators
If GP was just an analyst, it would seem he’d want to be up in the booth out of sight for this particular game as the optics aren’t particularly good. Instead, he’s on the sidelines quite visible quite involved. I think that added fuel and an incentive to our defensive players to prove they were better than what they achieved last year under his management.

Game. Set. Match. TCU defense.
Waif Wisdom

ShadowFrog

Moderators
We didn’t offer another role?
Don’t believe the hype. No I was definitely not in the room but from all the reports we’ve seen and read, tempers & temperatures were highly raised and forthcoming discussions about alternative roles in the university I think are way over inflated. Bottom line, the decision was done though it was not always agreed-upon by all parties. But that’s the way it was.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Well, Ewers might try acting again…

Joe Dirt GIF by MOODMAN

Bruce Berry

I for one would love to hear the rest of that story.

My wife and I just standing there at the half in their touchdown club keeping a low profile and this woman walks up to me and says you don't belong here and leaves. To my wife's amazement (especially after my interaction with the [ profanity ] who sat in front of us for the Oklahoma State game) I said nothing.

Everyone else was pretty cool.

Walking out of that stadium was so fun. Living here I have to deal with these people all day.

Froggy Style

Another question tonthe Patterson bashers: do we not give a little bit of credit to him for this team? He recruited all these player correct? Just needed a different voice.
Of course he gets credit for having good players on our team.

He was fired because had proven for four years straight that he could no longer win with said great players.

I don’t care what he does now; we fired him and he has a right to go find a job, be bitter, and try to beat us if desired. I suspect that was the best gig he could get while he figured out what he wants to do…if anything.

We also have a right to make fun of him with a deep arsenal because some may feel like he picked the wrong team to help out.

It doesn’t make either side of that relationship bad people. Just normal human emotions and message board fun.

Last edited:
Lol the horns have a thread about how bad Ewers is. They think worse than Swoopes. They are brutal. Worse than anything here about our QBs.
We want that. Manning is leaving high school early and will be in Austin for spring training. If Ewers loses the QB1 job, we need him to come home to Fort Worth. Other than big parts of last night, Duggan has “found it” this year under the Dykes team. For 3 years it was Max with happy feet and the big foot split when he threw the ball; this year he actually found touch. Imagine what that same group could do with a kid with an arm like Ewers?

Showtime Joe 2.0

I would rather not bash GP either. That is before I saw him on camera yelling at the officials for a flag. The announcers called him still being competitive. I call it he wanting to beat us and rub our noses in it. He's not just a dispassionate analyst. He's a T-sip now. Screw him.
Yeah, I thought that was a revealing moment caught by the cameras. He’s obviously a bitter man who has invested emotionally in our failure. The necessary decision to fire him was a business decision on our part and not a personal one. And yet he took it personally. I guess he never saw The Godfather.

However, I do respect him for staying on the field after the game and greeting Max and some of our other players. So, in the end, he seems to be a conflicted man at this point. As some women like to say about their romantic relationships, “It’s complicated.”