• The KillerFrogs

Southwest just cancelled 2/3rds of their flights Today

ShadowFrog

Moderators
SWA employees don't have business giving anyone heat after this idiotic and completely preventable disaster.

Fry Reaction GIF
200% Concur

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Just spoke w someone at AA that has keys to all the doors in the operations side of the house. AA is fully aware SWA has fumbled virtually every snap for several days. No promises but additional sections are being looked at and in addition upgrading a/c size when and where they can.

Those that may remember Rose Bowl, AA did same kind of deal late in the game. Fingers crossed.
Somebody cue up the Air Force One movie main theme & twirl knobs to 11.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
This will eventually present an opportunity LUV stock but I’m thinking it could be another -10% or more by mid next year. This will result in a bad quarterly report and short term reputation. How much are they going to have to spend on this? I’m thinking a lot, not to mention potentially looking into new software and entire system overhaul.
I hear SkyNet is bidding so…..oh wait.

FrogBall09

Just spoke w someone at AA that has keys to all the doors in the operations side of the house. AA is fully aware SWA has fumbled virtually every snap for several days. No promises but additional sections are being looked at and in addition upgrading a/c size when and where they can.

Those that may remember Rose Bowl, AA did same kind of deal late in the game. Fingers crossed.
AA has enough of their own problems - the only thing saving them from being a story is SWA being a total disaster

But AA cancelled so many flights yesterday that they can’t fully recover for passengers for 5 days also

AA has enough of their own problems - the only thing saving them from being a story is SWA being a total disaster

But AA cancelled so many flights yesterday that they can’t fully recover for passengers for 5 days also
Wut? We can argue abt Isom but their debt sitch is being handled by the Aviator Card (FYI AA is a credit card company that happens to fly airplanes) but AA cancelled 30 flts yesterday, or ~0% of their scheduled flts.

FrogBall09

Wut? We can argue abt Isom but their debt sitch is being handled by the Aviator Card (FYI AA is a credit card company that happens to fly airplanes) but AA cancelled 30 flts yesterday, or ~0% of their scheduled flts.
They cancelled a lot more than 30 yesterday but it gets masked for two reasons:

1) a ton of AA “regional” flights are operated by another company ( like SkyWest for example) but fully under the control of AA regarding flight operations. AA decides if they will fly or not but the numbers don’t show up as an AA cancellation

2) AA is the king of delaying evenings flights to the next morning and then canceling them - apps like flight tracker don’t go back and restate cancelled flights for previous days and basically unless it’s egregious like SWA - no one notices except the people that were stuck at the airport all night for a “weather” delay

Yesterday AA cancelled a ton of flights to the Rockies mountain airports for example - none of which were AA operated, many of which had been delayed from the previous day and all those airport flights are at over 100% capacity until after the new year - so those passengers are literally stuck

They cancelled a lot more than 30 yesterday but it gets masked for two reasons:

1) a ton of AA “regional” flights are operated by another company ( like SkyWest for example) but fully under the control of AA regarding flight operations. AA decides if they will fly or not but the numbers don’t show up as an AA cancellation

2) AA is the king of delaying evenings flights to the next morning and then canceling them - apps like flight tracker don’t go back and restate cancelled flights for previous days and basically unless it’s egregious like SWA - no one notices except the people that were stuck at the airport all night for a “weather” delay

Yesterday AA cancelled a ton of flights to the Rockies mountain airports for example - none of which were AA operated, many of which had been delayed from the previous day and all those airport flights are at over 100% capacity until after the new year - so those passengers are literally stuck
I was pulling my data from SABRE and AA’s new integration from opps. You and I have different data. (And I thought we were talking AA metal operations not the regionals, which, yes, are a big part of the network.)

FrogBall09

I was pulling my data from SABRE and AA’s new integration from opps. You and I have different data. (And I thought we were talking AA metal operations not the regionals, which, yes, are a big part of the network.)
Pull it from wherever you want - it’s the same data set and it covers up a ton of cancellations for AA, United and Delta because they all know how to play the game

If AA has extra capacity to add flights - they have a ton of stranded passengers in the northern Rockies, Midwest and NE they need to find a way home before they add flights for the Fiesta bowl

A friend of mine was booked on a flight from Indianapolis to Love Field yesterday on SWA that got cancelled. She tried to book a flight from Indy to DFW on AA and there was space available -- at a $4,500 fare one way! So, yeah, AA will come to the rescue gladly at that rate!