• The KillerFrogs

Southwest just cancelled 2/3rds of their flights Today

Wide, narrow, minimum equipment list. ( allow airplanes to fly w inop equipment) MANY times I had to tell several in the food chain what I would take, given weather, destination, etc etc. Not always a pleasant exchange in the civilian world, and especially in todays environment.
Not sure I want to know how commons these MELs are

ShreveFrog

Mel-Brooks-guest-actor-comedy-series-Emmy-1998.jpg
I noticed today that virtually of the PM flights on 30Dec DFW PHX are now oversold. All it takes now is one mechanical somewhere in the line and a bunch of people get hosed. AA NEVER gets out front w aircraft scheduling and subs a WB to literally soak up 2 NB flying w multiple mel’s.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Wide, narrow, minimum equipment list. ( allow airplanes to fly w inop equipment) MANY times I had to tell several in the food chain what I would take, given weather, destination, etc etc. Not always a pleasant exchange in the civilian world, and especially in todays environment.
Yeah! You can fly without your “spare” engine……

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Must be cautious about base-base flights. SWA (or any airline) will "bump" paying passengers if necessary in order to position crews. So, just because a flight is not canceled doesn't mean everyone will be accommodated.
Yes, dangerous & mostly unspoken truth not readily known outside the “industry” — be warned.

LVH

I came in from Reno last night. My flight was supposed to leave Reno yesterday at 10am PT, and it took off around 12:30pm PT. Delay of about 2.5 hours

We were the only Southwest flight to leave Reno yesterday and thats only because a pilot and flight attendant from Dallas stepped up and volunteered to fly our plane home/be a flight attendant - one of the scheduled pilots and flight attendants were not in FAA compliance so we could not leave unless we got replacements.

Very fortunate I only had to deal with a few hours of delay. Love was wild yesterday. The line to see customer service agents snaked around the entire terminal. Baggage claim was filled with unclaimed bags scattered everywhere among the baggage claim area. Cameras and news crews from all 4 stations were there interviewing people.

The arrival/departure board was nothing but red CANCELLED next to every flight but 3 - one of them was mine, which was DELAYED in Yellow from Reno.

I am lucky I guess. If that pilot/flight attendant didn't step up chances are I'd still be in Reno right now

allclearforfrogs

All DAL-PHX nonstops are a go tomorrow according to the latest from Southwest (Of course, that could change). Also, I just got an e-mail from Southwest reminding me about my trip on Saturday morning and wishing me well. I hope that's good news...... We have friends in high places...

Ron Swanson

Interesting. If there is one thing that pisses me off its subbing a WB to literally soak up 2NB flying w multiple mels.
Oh man, this made me laugh way too hard, I’m cry-giggling. I read the original post and was like what the hell does any of that mean?

I figured I was just a dumbarse for not being able to figure it out, then I got down to your post and thought you were going to have some intelligent commentary on his post as if you knew what it meant, only to read that. Just struck me perfectly.

Last edited:

froggy

All DAL-PHX nonstops are a go tomorrow according to the latest from Southwest (Of course, that could change). Also, I just got an e-mail from Southwest reminding me about my trip on Saturday morning and wishing me well. I hope that's good news...... We have friends in high places...
I got an email also for my Saturday flight all seems a go