• The KillerFrogs

Southwest just cancelled 2/3rds of their flights Today

Metropolis777

Next SWA flight from DAL-PHX takes off in 1.5 hours and it is green and checking people in. SWA is liking the DAL-PHX nonstops and is trying to keep them. If you have a connecting itinerary though...good luck.
It looks like SWA does realize the demand for the nonstops from Texas to PHX.

From DAL, AUS, HOU & SAT there are 21 scheduled flights today. Only 3 have been canceled so far. None out of Love Field canceled yet.

6 have already flown out today and only 2 canceled so far.

Fingers crossed for everyone.

HFrog1999

It looks like SWA does realize the demand for the nonstops from Texas to PHX.

From DAL, AUS, HOU & SAT there are 21 scheduled flights today. Only 3 have been canceled so far. None out of Love Field canceled yet.

6 have already flown out today and only 2 canceled so far.

Fingers crossed for everyone.

The director of their rewards program is a friend from TCU. I’m sure there are other Horned Frogs in upper management, so they’re aware. They’re probably sending planes to get themselves out there, lol

y2kFrog

Next SWA flight from DAL-PHX takes off in 1.5 hours and it is green and checking people in. SWA is liking the DAL-PHX nonstops and is trying to keep them. If you have a connecting itinerary though...good luck.
It helps that DAL and PHX are 2 major hubs for Southwest. If they are ever going to get their crews back to the right places, they need to keep these routes going.

allclearforfrogs

It helps that DAL and PHX are 2 major hubs for Southwest. If they are ever going to get their crews back to the right places, they need to keep these routes going.
They are not only hubs, they are both crew bases, meaning the SWA employees live in that city. If push comes to shove, it is easier to get a crew to a plane in Dallas and Phoenix than other places.

LisaLT

Good luck everybody. I just returned from a trip to the east coast and had to fly through Chicago. My flight home to LA got delayed 3 hours, but at least I made it. O'Hare was a mess with stranded travelers.

I stopped flying southwest years ago but used it often to fly to Vegas as they had the best deals and most flights. Such a shame this mess had to happen at such a busy time.

jack the frog

Same here. Leaving Thursday and staying in Moynahans that night.

images

NewFrogFan

I noticed today that virtually of the PM flights on 30Dec DFW PHX are now oversold. All it takes now is one mechanical somewhere in the line and a bunch of people get hosed. AA NEVER gets out front w aircraft scheduling and subs a WB to literally soak up 2 NB flying w multiple mel’s.

Bruce Berry

I noticed today that virtually of the PM flights on 30Dec DFW PHX are now oversold. All it takes now is one mechanical somewhere in the line and a bunch of people get hosed. AA NEVER gets out front w aircraft scheduling and subs a WB to literally soak up 2 NB flying w multiple mel’s.

Interesting. If there is one thing that pisses me off its subbing a WB to literally soak up 2NB flying w multiple mels.

I've been monitoring the DAL-PHX daily morning flight that I'm supposed to be on and so far so good - make sense since it's an originator and is crew base to crew base, so I'm going to hold out hope. Hopefully things will smooth out by Friday, but if you are booked in the middle of the week and are cancelled they won't rebook you until after the game.
Must be cautious about base-base flights. SWA (or any airline) will "bump" paying passengers if necessary in order to position crews. So, just because a flight is not canceled doesn't mean everyone will be accommodated.