• The KillerFrogs

Sooners vs Frogs game should be moved to Dec. 5th

SwissArmyFrog

Its sad that the committee won't be able to simply look at the teams based on their seasons and simply and ask themselves, "Who do I think would beat whom on a neutral field?"

That's how the committee idea started...then they figured they had to add in specific criteria to do for them what they didn't want to be held accountable for - just deciding who they thought the best 4 teams were.

I think their need to justify their thinking affects their decision making.

And now we're down to worrying about the timing of schedules.  It shouldn't matter...but sadly, it does.

ECoastFrog

I don't want us playing any big game the last game of the season. Opponents usually lose their next game, after they play us. Gotta make sure Baylor/OU/whoever gets that loss!

Go Frogs!!

HoustonHornedFrog

Froglaw said:

Agreed, Bedlam on Rivalry weekend as planned.

Big12 need to start thinking out of the box on scheduling if there is not Big 12 a Championship game.

Simple, take the top two teams and make sure they are scheduled against the other Conference CG.

If it is a Rivalry game conflict, then take the next two highest finishing teams from the last season and move it to the CCG weekend.

TCU v. Iowa State did not help TCU one bit last year.

TCU v. OU might have made the difference if the games had been switched.

National TV audience, one or more of the CCG are going to be a blow out.

These games would garner a nice TV audience as an alternative to tOSU 59 and Wisconsin 0:

TCU v. OU
Baylor v. Texas
KSU v. OSU
Tech v. WVU

Of course it isn't that simple since the schedule has to be made out in advance.  If the conference had lined up the teams that they thought would be the best to play during the week when the other Big5 played their championship games, you certainly would not have seen TCU v Baylor that week last year. 
Based on preseason rankings, the teams that would have been playing on the last week would have been:
2014 - Baylor v OU
2013 - OSU v UT
2012 - OU v West Virginia
2011 - OU v OSU

End of year standings those same years
2014 - Baylor, TCU Tie 1st, OU tied for 4th
2013 - Baylor 1st, OU, OSU, UT tied for 2nd
2012 - Kst, OU Tie for 1st, WV part of 4 way tie for 5th with Baylor, TT, and TCU with 4-5 record
2011 - OSU 1st, KSt 2nd, OU tied for 3rd.

Not a single year since the Big 12 stopped having a conference championship game were the top 2 teams in the preseason polls the top 2 teams in the conferenc standings at the end of the regular season.

ftwfrog

Simple. Last weekend of the season, ie, CCG weekend:

UT/Tech
OU/OSU
TCU/Baylor
KSU/Kansas

Every year!! Why is it so hard!!?? (That's what she said)

asleep003

Bob said:
Appreciate your insight, but this is ot last year we had Paul Dawson and Marcus Mallet.  This year they have Samaje and we have no experience at linebacker.  So, that is what I'm talking about.  Also, Deuce didn't look to hot in the only away cold and wet game I saw him in last year - at West Va.

Also appreciate your insight, while counting on bad weather. We didn't do very well against Kansas on the road either... maybe that just means we're not that great of a road team. Our front 4 depth will be much deeper with experience than going into 2014. And going into last season neither LBs were in that high regards with GP. So LB is a question mark, but could blossom, like 2014 did... and the rotation in front of them could be better than last years. 

Cheers !