• The KillerFrogs

Sonny considers hiring KB

Status
Not open for further replies.

AroundWorldFrog

Both sides of this argument.....jfc
Angry Black Friday GIF by Buyout Footage

TCURiggs

Y'all know Coach Buckles was on the Baylor coaching staff from 2011-2016 as well, right?

Sonny has had plenty of direct, Baylor Briles-era ties on this staff for his entire tenure here. If you weren't outraged by him bringing them here last year, especially Kaz, then it seems a little silly at this point. And this is coming from one of the biggest Art-haters around.

One Frog Nation

All are entitled to their opinions. As for me, I’m not gonna hold his last name or his association with Baylor against him. I don’t know Kendall and I don’t know what his involvement was in what went on. What I do know is that was close to 10 years ago and he’s done nothing at several schools since that time but be a solid human and productive coach. Most of all I trust Sonny and our admin completely. If they’re in, I’m in. Period.
Couldn't have said it better.

Mean Purple

Y'all know Coach Buckles was on the Baylor coaching staff from 2011-2016 as well, right?

Sonny has had plenty of direct, Baylor Briles-era ties on this staff for his entire tenure here. If you weren't outraged by him bringing them here last year, especially Kaz, then it seems a little silly at this point. And this is coming from one of the biggest Art-haters around.
I've asked before, and I'll ask again, was there ever any evidence/claims on Kaz down there? I don't know of any. If someone was involved in that scandal, not good. If not involved, then you do the vetting and hire who you want.

TCURiggs

I've asked before, and I'll ask again, was there ever any evidence/claims on Kaz down there? I don't know of any. If someone was involved in that scandal, not good. If not involved, then you do the vetting and hire who you want.

Like everyone else, I don't know/remember every detail, but I do believe Kaz's name was actually mentioned in the Pepper Hamilton report (or a lawsuit?), where I don't believe KB's ever was.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Here's a little something to refresh your memories: Baylor Rape Scandal

The Pepper-Hamilton Report will never be released. It was a product of a Baylor-retained Law Firm, and thus is sealed under attorney-client privilege. The contents are evidently too damning to release, as they paid off Warden Art to the tune of several millions of dollars rather than breach that confidentiality.

Froggy Style

Here's a little something to refresh your memories: Baylor Rape Scandal

The Pepper-Hamilton Report will never be released. It was a product of a Baylor-retained Law Firm, and thus is sealed under attorney-client privilege. The contents are evidently too damning to release, as they paid off Warden Art to the tune of several millions of dollars rather than breach that confidentiality.
You're coming off like quite a loser. The school president and other decision makers screwed up by not doing their job. The offensive coordinator or any other person managing their own area does not participate in making decisions for the school and would be right like any employee at any company to stand back and let the powers that be and investigators do their job as those not part of the investigation wouldn't have all of the facts.

Decision makers at TCU will do their job and determine if one of the more desired OC's is worthy of a job offer. Makes no difference to me if they determine it's a good idea. You pretending to be in the know in your Lazy Boy and Wikipedia site is a joke.

Mean Purple

Like everyone else, I don't know/remember every detail, but I do believe Kaz's name was actually mentioned in the Pepper Hamilton report (or a lawsuit?), where I don't believe KB's ever was.
So, a couple of things here.

1. KB was actually menioned in one of the legal cases. The whole Baylor Bruins "you like white women?" disgust. It was in Doe's claim and heartbreaking evidence.

2. The Pepper Hamilton docs that were released by BU does not list any names. That's because it is under the charge of the firm to conduct an internal audit of BU's Title IX regulations and compliance. So all they released were the "findings of facts" that were more recommendations for compliance, which is why I think those attorneys wanted the other supporting documentation. But as, the findings of facts, call for baylor to restore relationships with those students sexually assaulted, it's unfortunately a red flag that they found that stuff happened.

Mean Purple

You're coming off like quite a loser. The school president and other decision makers screwed up by not doing their job. The offensive coordinator or any other person managing their own area does not participate in making decisions for the school and would be right like any employee at any company to stand back and let the powers that be and investigators do their job as those not part of the investigation wouldn't have all of the facts.

Decision makers at TCU will do their job and determine if one of the more desired OC's is worthy of a job offer. Makes no difference to me if they determine it's a good idea. You pretending to be in the know in your Lazy Boy and Wikipedia site is a joke.
Take a look starting at page 33. And realize that during those legal procedings, texts and emails were made public. Coaches knews.

The university leadership failed, yes. But they would not have had something to fail on had that coaching staff not set up a system to get those monsters on campus. they knew they were trouble. and on the coaching staff did what the could to NOT report to school leadership.

Tshirt Fan

Completely ignorant.
Arky bumped Briles to as high as $1.5m after Miami leaked an offer to get him last year.
K Briles has done well since leaving BU. He‘s brought Arkansas from the 110th ranked offense in 2019 to the 15th ranked this year.
Unless you have some real facts linking K Briles to anything more than a really stupid comment and a scumbag of
a father, and nobody on this board does, he’s a very solid candidate that’s already been vetted by FAU, UH, FSU, & Arky.
Asking TCU to base program decisions on Texas A&M's direction is idiocy.

Texas A&M is a dumpster fire.
Nothing that TCU does or decides upon should be based in any way, shape or form, on what A&M does.
A&M is irrelevant. A&M is a dumpster fire.
Do not base TCU decisions on anything that A&M does.

I hope that clears everything up for you.

Flaming On Fire GIF

Last edited:

HornyWartyToad

Take a look starting at page 33. And realize that during those legal procedings, texts and emails were made public. Coaches knews.

The university leadership failed, yes. But they would not have had something to fail on had that coaching staff not set up a system to get those monsters on campus. they knew they were trouble. and on the coaching staff did what the could to NOT report to school leadership.
"In her complaint, Doe alleges that former Baylor Title IX Investigator Gabrielle Lyons left several months after starting her job at Baylor due to the amount of violence in the 2012–13 gang rapes.179 Lyons was hired in 2015 during the heat of the investigations of the 2012–13 rapes.180 Lyons noted that nearly a third of all cases she investigated were from the football program, which makes up less than one percent of Baylor’s total enrollment.181 Lyons left Baylor after receiving advice from the Baylor Police Department that “she was not safe to do her job and would do well to look over her shoulder when walking to her car.”182"

Hopefully that will clear up any misperception that the football team was, "merely scapegoated," for a university-wide problem.
Not to say that the university writ large didn't have a problem, but the coaching staff specifically brought in and covered up for players they had ample reason to know were horrible human beings, because they could football.

Status
Not open for further replies.