• The KillerFrogs

Sonny considers hiring KB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mean Purple

Stretching is way way way way undervalued.
I get to work out where a former NFL player from way back does. He hands father time a defeat every time he hits the gym.. 3/4 of his workout is stretching based. And his diet is good. We all stay out of his way out of respect. And we listen when he lectures us on not stretching enough. Boss Man.

Chongo94

I get to work out where a former NFL player from way back does. He hands father time a defeat every time he hits the gym.. 3/4 of his workout is stretching based. And his diet is good. We all stay out of his way out of respect. And we listen when he lectures us on not stretching enough. Boss Man.
I have one at my gym too…not way back, maybe 10 years or so. Dude still slings plates like they’re nothing, it’s impressive! He doesn’t stretch much that I notice but he usually gets a massage after each lifting session.

HFrog1999

weird exercise GIF

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
All are entitled to their opinions. As for me, I’m not gonna hold his last name or his association with Baylor against him. I don’t know Kendall and I don’t know what his involvement was in what went on. What I do know is that was close to 10 years ago and he’s done nothing at several schools since that time but be a solid human and productive coach. Most of all I trust Sonny and our admin completely. If they’re in, I’m in. Period.
Shocker. Moose nails it again.

82 Frog Fever

Completely ignorant.
Arky bumped Briles to as high as $1.5m after Miami leaked an offer to get him last year.
K Briles has done well since leaving BU. He‘s brought Arkansas from the 110th ranked offense in 2019 to the 15th ranked this year.
Unless you have some real facts linking K Briles to anything more than a really stupid comment and a scumbag of
a father, and nobody on this board does, he’s a very solid candidate that’s already been vetted by FAU, UH, FSU, & Arky.

Moose Stuff

Since you're tacitly directing this at me, I didn't like Art Briles since he was at UH. Tales of his unethical behavior float around him from his High School days. The public airing of the Baylor saga was pretty sickening, and this transcended simple Sports Hate and turned to visceral disgust that someone in that position would go to such lengths simply to win football games. As to "moral superiority" well, gosh-golly! You sure got me there! Here all this time I thought that rape and lying were bad... Silly me.

Again, fielding a competitive sports team is one thing. Actual criminal behavior is entirely another.

Hiring this creep would be a sign that TCU, and Sonny in particular, don't care a whit about the history or the optics, they just want to win at any cost. Doesn't have a thing to do with how I view Baylor people, it has to do with how I perceive the integrity of TCU. Or lack thereof.
I wasn’t directing it at anyone. Out of curiousty, what crimes was Kendall guilty of? ACTUAL crimes, not perceived ones.

Moose Stuff

I’ve started seeing more posters talk about the fact that he and Arkansas had better stats than Riley and TCU last year.

Just would like to point out that, while that may be so, one side made it to the National Championship game.

Would also like to point out that Tech fans liked to talk about stats all the time when Leach and Kingsbury were there. Where did that get them?

Give me actual wins over stats any day.
That’s not how comparing OC’s works, at all.

Moose Stuff

Don't have to be convicted/found guilty to have done something wrong or immoral...just saying. Art Briles wasn't found guilty either - want to hire him?
First off, he said crimes and that’s what I was responding to. You’re just moving the goalposts. As for the rest of it… What did Kendall do that was wrong or immoral? I’m looking for things you actually KNOW he did. Having the last name Briles and simply being on that staff (same one Kaz was on by the way) aren’t good enough. Finally, he and Art are not even remotely the same person or situation. Comparing the two is absurd.

Mean Purple

Completely ignorant.
Arky bumped Briles to as high as $1.5m after Miami leaked an offer to get him last year.
K Briles has done well since leaving BU. He‘s brought Arkansas from the 110th ranked offense in 2019 to the 15th ranked this year.
Unless you have some real facts linking K Briles to anything more than a really stupid comment and a scumbag of
a father, and nobody on this board does, he’s a very solid candidate that’s already been vetted by FAU, UH, FSU, & Arky.
His offenses have had trouble scoring at times. They only got 19 in the loss to Liberty this year. 10 in the loss to LSU. (neither of those had to do with defense.) Same with their game against Aggie.

ReedFrawg

First off, he said crimes and that’s what I was responding to. You’re just moving the goalposts. As for the rest of it… What did Kendall do that was wrong or immoral? I’m looking for things you actually KNOW he did. Having the last name Briles and simply being on that staff (same one Kaz was on by the way) aren’t good enough. Finally, he and Art are not even remotely the same person or situation. Comparing the two is absurd.

(I wasn't necessarily just commenting to you...just in general.) It's his dad and Kendal was OC and clear number 2 within the football program. None of us KNOW for sure what he knew...but it's seems very likely (obvious to me) that he knew what was happening. I find it funny that everyone on here hated Briles and tapefingers and Baylor and now we may hire him and some folks now are saying "well...what did he really know???"...talk about moving the goalposts. (Again not specifically directed at you.)

StinnettFrog

His offenses have had trouble scoring at times. They only got 19 in the loss to Liberty this year. 10 in the loss to LSU. (neither of those had to do with defense.) Same with their game against Aggie.
The LSU game I watched and the weather was extremely bad and LSU got lucky to get a win. Also backup QB played that game for Arkansas. Don’t know about the Liberty game but unless we forget TCU just scored 7 against Georgia in a dome. Bad games don’t necessarily mean the coordinators aren’t doing a good job.

Mean Purple

(I wasn't necessarily just commenting to you...just in general.) It's his dad and Kendal was OC and clear number 2 within the football program. None of us KNOW for sure what he knew...but it's seems very likely (obvious to me) that he knew what was happening. I find it funny that everyone on here hated Briles and tapefingers and Baylor and now we may hire him and some folks now are saying "well...what did he really know???"...talk about moving the goalposts. (Again not specifically directed at you.)
everyone? dude, many of us are not ok with it. I honestly don't think he is that great of an OC. Whenever his squads face a decent defense, the get shut down.

ReedFrawg

everyone? dude, many of us are not ok with it. I honestly don't think he is that great of an OC. Whenever his squads face a decent defense, the get shut down.

I meant everyone hated them (8 years ago)...not that everyone is ok with the hire. Sorry that wasn't clear. Personally I just can't support the decision, regardless of how great he may or may not be as OC. Also don't dude me! lol

Putt4Purple

IF he is hired he will be under 24 hr surveillance whether that be via TCU or posters on here on this site who want to protect their daughters. Private detectives all around. Briles won’t be able to fart without us all knowing about it! Jeez! Let it go! Go Frogs!

ticketfrog123

We were unsuccessful and CGP wouldn’t make changes with friends. Friends > winning.

Kendal Briles has been quite successful and players like him. Now if we take him, he sucks, and Dykes refuses to fire him, then we are in a similar situation.
Losing to liberty with an SEC roster is successful?

Status
Not open for further replies.