• The KillerFrogs

Solution to TCU's Basketball problem

Take heart. Auburn's basketball team is just as bad as ours!

I guess good football accompanied by good basketball can't happen....

Plus they have a brand new facility.

Except Florida did it a few years ago. They won the title for both football and bball in the same year...or pretty close to the same year.

VA Froggie

If this hasn't been posted it should have been. Now that we are going B E we should consider bringing Jamie back home. Dixon has done a great job at Pitt and perhaps would not consider leaving but now we are Big East does the playing field change for him. It would be great to have him back at TCU. Pappy your thoughts please....

freebird

If this hasn't been posted it should have been. Now that we are going B E we should consider bringing Jamie back home. Dixon has done a great job at Pitt and perhaps would not consider leaving but now we are Big East does the playing field change for him. It would be great to have him back at TCU. Pappy your thoughts please....

Doesn't he have family ties up there?

TCUSA

I just don't think he is the guy and I don't think it is his fault. I'll be the first to admit that I don't know crap about basketball but I do think TCU needs to do something bold and that is going out and landing a nationally recognized coach who would commit to a long term deal which included a commitment from the school and alumni to turn this ship around. Coach Christian is a great guy and probably a great coach who is in the wrong place at the wrong time.

We had that and people still weren't happy...

jake102

We need to win first, then make the financial and human commitment. That's how it works.

Patterson and Schlossnagle have found success and are now in the position where they could ask for virtually anything and receive it.

Salfrog

Tier 1
Do we have recruits knocking down our doors to come here now that we are going to the Big East? Haven't heard of any. Kids still want to know they are going to play for a good coach also.

2314@work

Contributor
We need to hire Billy Gillispie first, then make the financial and human commitment. That's how it works.

Patterson and Schlossnagle have found success and are now in the position where they could ask for virtually anything and receive it.

I agree.

PurplePutt

We need to win first, then make the financial and human commitment. That's how it works.

Wow. That sounds real easy.

Just how are we going to win first. We have a coach that cannot recruit good players to come to a doormat team with zero fan support. We have problems that require dismissing players. We are sure to finish dead last in the MWC. We are going to the best basketball conference in the country.

How has "win first, then make the financial and human commitment" thing worked out the past 7 or 8 years?

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
We aren't going to let CJC go, mainly, due to money. I get the feeling they don't think there is anyone out there that can do a better job right now. I would not be surprised if CJC gets an extension, albeit a small one.

He hasn't done anything to warrant an extension but he does have next year.

I know that it looks bad right now but this is the time to get behind those guys

boonecountyman

Watched some of the AF-TCU game on CBSCS tonight.

Observations:
1.team seem to play hard.
2.crowd was pretty pathetic and sparse.Huggins complains when 7-8000 show up for some low [Deleted] in Morgantown.
3.not much talent on the floor.
4.this team will never win a game in the BE.