• The KillerFrogs

So...the boss denied my vacation for Omaha

berryfrog95

QUOTE(GoFrogYourself @ Jun 18 2010, 06:57 PM) [snapback]583516[/snapback]
My boss is an aggie and told me if we go to the championship game I "have to go". I guess not all aggies are bad.

ironically, mine did too, do we have the same boss.....LOL....

But really, if it was football, the answer quite possibly would be different.

P

peterbecket

QUOTE(PhormerPhrog @ Jun 20 2010, 10:54 AM) [snapback]584342[/snapback]
Not yet. We're leaving Wednesday. So he has until then to change his mind. If he doesn't, he'll lose two huge clients and office morale would be at an all-time low. In the words of Todd Snider "I was looking for a job when I found this one. Don't need the work like you need the work done."

The VED? VERY explosive diarrhea. Wouldn't work. He already knows why I wouldn't be there.

Yes, because you know me so well. You know that I work 6 days a week and put in over 60 hours a week in the office. You know that I've had to work every Friday after Thanksgiving for the last five years because I'm "not married, don't have kids, and don't have as many family obligations." You know that I was the last one in the office on Christmas Eve when it was snowing like crazy just because a ratarded asset manager said a property just HAD to close that day and I missed going to church with my family. You know that I haven't used all my vacation the last five years. You know that I work in a field in high demand with a small amount of potential applicants. I think I'll be just fine.

The Jerk Store Called, They're Running Out of Me by Peter Becket...I'll wait until it goes to the dollar bin to buy it. And then I'd only use it for VED.

Let me sum it up, you have an unhappy boss who does not want other people to be happy. You are very bitter. Why have you put up with this treatment for so long if there are other opportunities out there? You should of lined up something as soon as this became a pattern.

This economy could get rough the next few years. Look before you leap.

PurpleBlood87

QUOTE(berryfrog95 @ Jun 20 2010, 08:35 PM) [snapback]584523[/snapback]
ironically, mine did too, do we have the same boss.....LOL....

But really, if it was football, the answer quite possibly would be different.

That's all the people at work could ask me "Are you going to Omaha?" I told them I would but there is to much work to do.

These are the same people who talked my former boss into letting me go to the Fiesta Bowl. They pretty much said it too big a thing to miss.

QUOTE(BABYFACE @ Jun 20 2010, 08:15 PM) [snapback]584518[/snapback]
Currently, the economy is not helping you or probably any of us right now, but when you gain a reputation with lenders and sellers and when you do make a move, you will take a majority of your clients with you. That there alone will make you attractive to competing title companies.

No, we're swamped in work. We work foreclosures. In fact, if you've been foreclosed or bought a foreclosure in Texas over the last 5 years there's a better than 50% chance we've worked it. I get about 70 contracts a month from two clients in addition to what I bring in myself. It's definately job security but it wears on you. Five years of this stuff has aged me 15.

QUOTE(peterbecket @ Jun 20 2010, 09:08 PM) [snapback]584540[/snapback]
Let me sum it up, you have an unhappy boss who does not want other people to be happy. You are very bitter. Why have you put up with this treatment for so long if there are other opportunities out there? You should of lined up something as soon as this became a pattern.

This economy could get rough the next few years. Look before you leap.

Nice attempt at being my mother but she sides with me on this. Again, Pete, you don't know me so don't attempt to lecture me. The only reason I've stayed here is because I've lived within 3 miles of here for the last 4 years. Until last Monday I had a 5 minute commute. Now it's 35 on the best of days. I've passed up more lucrative opportunities because of the lack of commute. But we finally found a house we fell in love with and made the move. Perhaps a new employer will follow. I'm a grownass man...I know what I'm doing and know full well the consequences...but thanks for playing.

BABYFACE

QUOTE(PhormerPhrog @ Jun 21 2010, 06:13 PM) [snapback]585164[/snapback]
No, we're swamped in work. We work foreclosures. In fact, if you've been foreclosed or bought a foreclosure in Texas over the last 5 years there's a better than 50% chance we've worked it. I get about 70 contracts a month from two clients in addition to what I bring in myself. It's definately job security but it wears on you. Five years of this stuff has aged me 15.

I didn't realize there was that much work in foreclosures, but if one thinks about it, it does make sense it would be that way in the current economy.

Being on the new home side has but killed me. That is why I went into the remodel side 2 years back and that has dropped off due to with reduced consumer spending. When the economy makes a comeback, I know a pool builder that I talked about partnering with to do pools, and cabanas, pool houses, and outdoor kitchen and living areas. That is an area I would love to get going in.

As for title work, I know the process from the builder side and making sure the lender has done their job and hasn't pulled a switcheroo at the closing. Have been considering on trying to pick up part-time title work for gas and oil co's to generate extra income in a down time for me.

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(BABYFACE @ Jun 21 2010, 06:26 PM) [snapback]585171[/snapback]
I didn't realize there was that much work in foreclosures, but if one thinks about it, it does make sense it would be that way in the current economy.

Being on the new home side has but killed me. That is why I went into the remodel side 2 years back and that has dropped off due to with reduced consumer spending. When the economy makes a comeback, I know a pool builder that I talked about partnering with to do pools, and cabanas, pool houses, and outdoor kitchen and living areas. That is an area I would love to get going in.

As for title work, I know the process from the builder side and making sure the lender has done their job and hasn't pulled a switcheroo at the closing. Have been considering on trying to pick up part-time title work for gas and oil co's to generate extra income in a down time for me.

Hey 'Face, we will be neighbors in about 2 days (sort of neighbors).

steelfrog

Tier 1
QUOTE(Trelvis @ Jun 19 2010, 12:52 AM) [snapback]583534[/snapback]
Just go and call in with explosive diarrhea

Ha Ha Ha! :laugh:

This works, actually... :ph34r:

I was having some stomach cramps this afternoon, potentially portending a fecal spill of gargantuan proportions. But it was just gas...

QUOTE(steelfrog @ Jun 21 2010, 06:31 PM) [snapback]585175[/snapback]
Ha Ha Ha! :laugh:

This works, actually... :ph34r:

I was having some stomach cramps this afternoon, potentially portending a fecal spill of gargantuan proportions. But it was just gas...

Ok, you could have written something like this about BCP and it would have been 1000 times better than the garbage you spewed a couple months ago. I can picture it now..."One day, BCP and Steel were playing Battleshi(p)s..." :biggrin:

Frog_Fan71

PhormerPhrog, what you are doing should be an eye opener. How many times during a month do you have a cash buyer come in and do closings? I for one think that you are on the wrong side of the closing table. With your experience doing title searches and such, all you really need is a bit of mentoring from one of your cash buyers. You too can find yourself on the right side of the closing table and be the one telling "the boss" to make sure to get things done correctly and on time or that he's fired.

QUOTE(BABYFACE @ Jun 21 2010, 06:26 PM) [snapback]585171[/snapback]

Oh, it's crazy. A bad month for our office is 800 closings...all REO.

I have a friend in O&G and I could have gone and worked with him a couple years ago but it would have been a minimum of 15 days on the road a month split between South Dakota, Alberta, and Louisiana. Good money but I'm a creature of habit.

QUOTE(Frog_Fan71 @ Jun 21 2010, 07:35 PM) [snapback]585212[/snapback]
you are on the wrong side of the closing table.

I think that over 50 times a month. :angry:

UPDATE: The boss relented. I showed what a badass I am. Let him know we're good and my lead assistant is more than capable of holding down the fort for two whole days. See you folks in Omaha.