• The KillerFrogs

So for the 1st time in forever we have more bats than spots....

PurpleBlood87

ZH needs to be apreciated for what he is..... a really solid defensive catcher. If you try to replace him to get more offense the trade off is gonna be someone who isn’t nearly as good behind the plate. Give me the defense personally.

How do you know Isola isn't a good defensive catcher?

AustFrog

Javy Baez. He's treating 2B as another SS position which I'm cool with, especially as a huge Cubs fan. Can't have too many leaders especially if the SS is quiet. Kinda like the new age, bigger more vocal 2B.

But I hear ya...in the past most 2Bs were gritty, noisy 5-8 white dudes that batted 2nd, fouled off 100 pitches and pissed ya off.

Yep, pretty much summed up my existence at 2nd base a LONG time ago. But to be fair, I wasn't a coach's son! And sadly, way too many Ks after fouling off those 100 pitches :)

Moose Stuff

Kinda surprised we havent seen Brown at all in the outfield. Maybe an arm issue??

He doesn’t throw well but that’s not a major issue for me if he can run down a fly ball. Johnny Damon could barely crack a window with one of his throws. Of course I’m also not coaching this team.

Pharm Frog

I agree...that's why I would like AI in the DH spot on the weekends on maybe catching Green on Tuesdays.

Kinda surprised we havent seen Brown at all in the outfield. Maybe an arm issue??

Catching Green would be a [ hundin] IMO. Lots of run to both sides and I'm not sure even Haylen knows what it's gonna do about half the time. Also what makes him quite effective as nobody in foul territory has any reason to be comfortable. The only positive aspect for the catcher is that he doesn't thrown mid-90's spiked fastballs.