• The KillerFrogs

So can we have our Boise home game back?

Apparently, they are in serious talks with the Big East. Maybe the MWC just takes our game off their schedule and it ends up being a non-conference game now. Play it in Denver - we'll meet half way.

If BSU leaves too, I doubt the MWC cares where the game is played. I get why you guys are a little pissed about it, but it is what it is. Plus if the Big East can't stabilize it's self BSU will not be moving to the Big East. With Louisville and West Virginia still a possibility with joining the Big 12 then BSU will stay put until that is resolved.
I think the Big 12 should move to add Boise, and BYU and not Louisville and West Virginia. You'd bring similar TV markets by adding Boise and BYU, while they also have better football programs.

fanatical frog

If BSU leaves too, I doubt the MWC cares where the game is played. I get why you guys are a little pissed about it, but it is what it is. Plus if the Big East can's stabilize it's self BSU will not be moving to the Big East. With Louisville and West Virginia still a possibility with joining the Big 12 then BSU will stay put until that is resolved.
I think the Big 12 should move to add Boise, and BYU and not Louisville and West Virginia. You'd bring similar TV markets by adding Boise and BYU, while they also have better football programs.

I like that too. Except I've heard that Brigham Young said no.....issues regarding their network and Sunday play.

Horny4TCU

I still think bsu ends up in Big 12 one day.

Why? What for? What value would they add. No TV market, no academic credentials, and one good sport. Pac 14 maybe, but just for football. But if they have major drop off once Kellen Moore is gone, we won't hear of BSU for a while.

I hate the argument about if Moore is gone or Peterson is gone. I am pretty sure that people say the same about Dalton and Patterson. It is a horrible argument. Both schools have committed. I

Horny4TCU

I hate the argument about if Moore is gone or Peterson is gone. I am pretty sure that people say the same about Dalton and Patterson. It is a horrible argument. Both schools have committed. I

Is it so horrible? We lost Dalton and we are out of the top 25. We have Casey who is good and will better next year, but our program took a hit losing Dalton to the NFL. He is learning quickly and we have the stable of backs to help, but where is Boise going to find a replacement for Kellen Moore? Who is going to go to Boise, Idaho and be a great quarterback like Kellen Moore? Do they even have a number two guy?

Horny4TCU

No chance.

BSU has no academics, baseball, or basketball.

Every Big East team and BYU are higher on the list of potential additions.

Big East wants a football only school... they have a better shot there, but the distance makes about as much sense to add Hawaii to the Big East.

Is it so horrible? We lost Dalton and we are out of the top 25. We have Casey who is good and will better next year, but our program took a hit losing Dalton to the NFL. He is learning quickly and we have the stable of backs to help, but where is Boise going to find a replacement for Kellen Moore? Who is going to go to Boise, Idaho and be a great quarterback like Kellen Moore? Do they even have a number two guy?

It is so horrible because it is the same look down your nose attitude that Aggie, Horn, Tech fans have displayed toward us the last decade.

Why? What for? What value would they add. No TV market, no academic credentials, and one good sport. Pac 14 maybe, but just for football. But if they have major drop off once Kellen Moore is gone, we won't hear of BSU for a while.

They won a BCS bowl without Kellen Moore. And their TV ratings nationally are better than many BCS teams.

I'd be careful to say any school doesn't add value. I've read the same thing about TCU on many different forums -- we add nothing.

That's simply not true about us or Boise, and I'm not buying the TV market argument much any more -- we were invited to join what has been the 2nd best football conference for the last decade, yet we add nothing?

When you look at every move that's been made the last 16 months, TV market was only a major factor in aTm going to the SEC. None of the others who moved -- Nebraska, Colorado, Utah, Pittsburgh, Syracuse and TCU -- were added because they brought huge TV markets, though a few may have large national TV audiences. There were more compelling reasons to add them -- competitive value, stabilizing or balancing the conference, culture (geography), and academics being the primary determining factors.

It's a much more complicated issue than just TV.

I'm glad we are in the B-12, but if we hadn't been asked and the BE added Boise, AFA, Navy, UCF and Temple, plus the current 6 teams granted TV rights to the league, I could have lived with that.

Boise State has a good football program, but they are also a sideshow. The traveling carnival is fun visit every once in a while, but it's not the same as the State Fair.

Until Boise State starts acting like a traditional powerhouse program and not some bearded lady, they will not be invited into a power conference.

In other words, install a real field, put on your big boy pants, and act like a real football program.

HToady

[I think the Big 12 should move to add Boise, and BYU and not Louisville and West Virginia. You'd bring similar TV markets by adding Boise and BYU, while they also have better football programs.
[/quote]

Is this the same guy that was trying to shame us for demolishing the Big East....yesterday?