• The KillerFrogs

SMU loses their top recruiting coach

geefrogs

SMU has had a pipleline to the Los Angeles area since Klemm has been there.

I think there are about 5 guys from the LA-area alone in their class this year.

Great hire for Jim Mora Jr.

geefrogs

This guy leaving is probably Junes fault in the first place.

This is really interesting because a big positive of June Jones going to Arizona State would have been his connections to the southern California area and I BET he was going to bring Klemm with him.

Since that fell through, who knows what is going on within the walls at SMU but Klemm saw the chance to go back to his roots and recruit heavily for UCLA.

June Jones has to be pissed.

Leaping Lizard

After donating $$$$ following both basketball and football, traveling, tailgate on the blvd etc as a non alumni Jones was the last straw for me. Pardon me while I support the frogs.

SMU players quit in Tulsa was never the same after that, there coach wants out the players quit so did I.

YA

Jones at the smu mustang meeting yesterday, similiar to our Frog club, threw the coach under the bus. .Even had the depth chart out saying that the man did not recruit so and so to the team. He set the alumni up for his departure.

Jones is deep crap at smu and the ship is sinking!!!

geefrogs

Jones at the smu mustang meeting yesterday, similiar to our Frog club, threw the coach under the bus. .Even had the depth chart out saying that the man did not recruit so and so to the team. He set the alumni up for his departure.

Jones is deep crap at smu and the ship is sinking!!!

This was written this summer from the Dallas Observer about Klemm's impact on SMU. Even June Jones saying how vital he is.

http://www.dallasobserver.com/2011-07-07/news/for-smu-football-adrian-klemm-s-l-a-story-is-paying-off-but-not-like-that/

West Coast Johnny

There is speculation on ponyfans.com that Klemm is going to bring as many as 8 SMU committs with him to UCLA. Mora is a smart guy and is stealing SMU's recruiting class - but my reaction is does SMU really have 8 players UCLA wants? I guess beggars can't be choosers.

June Jones is a cancer right now. He invested heavily in Klemm and built this stupid California recruiting pipeline that is now gone, while stupidly ignoring the Texas recruiting market.... I guess with the thought that he would jump ship on SMU and jump to the Pac 12. Unfortunately for June, no one wants them there. Where does this leave SMU? Up [Craig James] creek without a paddle.

Leaping Lizard

I know more about that program, Jones and the team as I have been inside, and close to it 4 years.

They need to fire June jones. They don't have a QB as Jones has not developed or recruited one the last 4 years.

His system is out dated and will only work with a GREAT QB and big fast wide outs. They don't have them.

With empty stands, the game day feel of a funeral and the latest developments you can see why this non alumni leaped over to fort worth.

tcufrogprince1

Thread sounds a little arogant. Its not like we didnt lose a good assistant too . Saying june jones hasnt recruited a qb is pretty dumb as well. He has recruited what he can get for his program. Oh and this terrible qb beat us this year. Dont get.me wrong, I hate smu,but this is petty stuff. Id rather rip on their attendance. That, at least, is factual.

angelo's frog

Thread sounds a little arogant. Its not like we didnt lose a good assistant too . Saying june jones hasnt recruited a qb is pretty dumb as well. He has recruited what he can get for his program. Oh and this terrible qb beat us this year. Dont get.me wrong, I hate smu,but this is petty stuff. Id rather rip on their attendance. That, at least, is factual.

No. This really is a big deal for SMU. If you don't think so, go read the 10 page thread on ponyfans titled Klemm Gone or the 10 page thread from a couple of days before speculating about Klemm leaving.

If you subscribe to Rivals you can look up how many of their current and past recruits were recruited by Klemm. The dude was absolutely killing it. Six 3*s and one 4* last year. Five 3*s and one 4* verbals so far this year. He was probably responsible for over half their top recruits both years. They will probably lose their top 3-4 recruits if not more from this year and I wouldn't be too surprised if a couple of the California recruits from last year transfer.

After the ASU debacle, I wouldn't be too surprised if JJ loses a couple more assistants. The ship is taking on water and I doubt he survives the remaining 3 years on his contract. With staff openings back in Hawaii and at ASU, UCLA, Az, WSU, CSU and Fresno, the guys from out west may be looking for spot to land before JJ gets fired next year or the year after.

FROGDADDY

Your points might be valid if the opinions weren't also shared by the entire SMU fan base.

Raw Frog

My guess is that SMU was waiting to fire Jones after the February signing of this class. Hoping to salvage a good recruiting year. They were also hoping that Klemm hung around long enough for the recruits to stick. After that, my gut said Jones was gone. Klemm's early departure may backfire now on the Ponies' plan for Jones. Not a bunch of happy campers over there.

FROGDADDY

My guess is that SMU was waiting to fire Jones after the February signing of this class. Hoping to salvage a good recruiting year. They were also hoping that Klemm hung around long enough for the recruits to stick. After that, my gut said Jon
es was gone. Klemm's early departure may backfire now on the Ponies' plan for Jones. Not a bunch of happy campers over there.
Does 11 people qualify as a "bunch"?